Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7452 7453 [7454] 7455 7456 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485185 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111795 on: October 26, 2016, 01:55:07 pm »

There was a sort of "Ohh you got a point there... but... there is something weird here" and I think I found a quote from the article that sort of demonstrates it

Twenty years ago a person could openly criticize homosexuality. Today, thanks to the Supreme Court, people who do not enthusiastically endorse gay marriage are branded as bigots

The lack of ability to openly criticize homosexuality? Ok, I can personally see that. There are a lot of criticisms I can think of... then again I never seen anyone criticized for them, but I walk different circles.

That being the same as not endorsing gay marriage? Not quite the same thing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111796 on: October 26, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »

It should rather read "Today, thanks to understanding, [...]' But nope. Total miss of context and a weird jump to bigotry without any clarity behind why the words are falling into that line in sentences like those. :v

But the whole article is poorly made anyway. Or rather, it lacks depth, to say the least.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111797 on: October 26, 2016, 02:09:35 pm »

When the SCOTUS makes a ruling they like, it's the will of the people. When the SCOTUS makes a ruling they don't like, it's government tyranny. In neither case are they correct.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111798 on: October 26, 2016, 03:01:08 pm »

i mean the website is literally "reaction" spelled differently

as in "reactionaries"

something tells me you aren't going to find the height of progressive thought there :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111799 on: October 26, 2016, 03:08:53 pm »

I'm fast learning that Twitter is a place where Internet celebrities get in arguments. People I never imagined having anything to do with eachother are getting into pretty incredible spats.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111800 on: October 26, 2016, 03:22:36 pm »

Twitter is justified if only because it allowed Kanye West to post his controversial opinions on anime and troll people.

The runner-up goes to Hideki Kamiya's Blocking Adventures.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111801 on: October 26, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »

Twitter nowadays is just a way for people to get angry about things that dont really affect them, which kind of happens in every social media ever, but since twitter focuses entirely on small messages and little user content, people are encouraged to get lazy about it. There are interesting things on it, like the four job fiesta system and other such things, but during election times its just full on E-Wang waving.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111802 on: October 26, 2016, 04:07:23 pm »

Quote from: front page of rambler, one of Russian search systems, first headline article, Google Translated
Daily News
Forecasters talked about the weather on Thursday, October 27

On Thursday, October 27 in Moscow is expected to cloudy weather, in addition, according to weather forecasts, in the metropolitan area will fall sleet. The air warms up to 2 degrees Celsius.
That must be one hell of a slow news day o_O
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111803 on: October 26, 2016, 04:21:49 pm »

Quote from: front page of rambler, one of Russian search systems, first headline article, Google Translated
Daily News

On Thursday, October 27 in Moscow is expected to cloudy weather, in addition, according to weather forecasts, in the metropolitan area will fall sleet. The air warms up to 2 degrees Celsius.

Given that Russia nearly has Freedom of the Press... In name only...

That is also a possible explanation.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111804 on: October 26, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »

Daily News

Given that Russia nearly has Freedom of the Press... In name only...

That is also a possible explanation.
No, no, it's usually more... thematic... like, they're usually about stuff in Syria... or about NATO... or about some internal Russian policy/corruption thing, in fact there are a few of these news articles in there, they're just not on the headline for some reason O_o first time I see something like that...
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111805 on: October 26, 2016, 04:33:22 pm »

Ok if there is one thing I kind of respect about "Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location" is that...

Unlike the first (and a few other) games where the excuse for why everything is so deadly is that they won't spend the extra few bucks it would cost them to power a door...

It is that this place is total garbage, dysfunctional, and made by a madman.

---

Too bad I will never play one myself because the games are too inlove with popscares and loud noises... even if they are actually getting better in the horror aspect.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111806 on: October 26, 2016, 04:36:21 pm »

Acquired the smart short sleeved white shirts required for tomorrow's formal dinner. Located a good source of Kiwi black leather shoe polish to get those new shoes some shine. Recalled a possible source of needle and threat, as of yet unfound, in order to repair the button on one trouser and to sort out some hats. Acquired a hat. Revised my putonghua and learned a great deal of new words to add to my vocabulary, managing to learn much and write down even more for learning when Saturday approaches. Completed a Halloween themed first aid gauntlet requiring the treatment of zombies in various stages of distress, many lessons were learned, I never want to deal with flamboyant drunk zombies in my nightmares. Attended a dinner in which I got the waitresses' digits, albeit much overdo as we are already acquaintances. Preparing to read through two books for tomorrow in the span of a few hours, prepare formal wear for the quick change, must wake up early to eat oats in preparation for port, wine and gin, must see if board pen works so that I can learn an entirely new writing style so that one week hence I will be able to serve as an excellent replacement teacher, oh and must finish that piece of shit work I keep postponing for Sunday.
With all this preparation made in life, not much can surprise me into deeper consideration. I usually just leave the mystery for the charm it is. Thus it is completely baffling what I am to make of the warband of 30 frenchmen being led by their leader riding a unicycle playing spooky music from a loudspeaker strapped to their back.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111807 on: October 26, 2016, 04:44:56 pm »

needle and threat
Great, now I need to find enough people to form an all-female acoustic punk band. On top of all the other things that need doing. Thanks.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111808 on: October 26, 2016, 04:50:37 pm »

Acquired the smart short sleeved white shirts required for tomorrow's formal dinner. Located a good source of Kiwi black leather shoe polish to get those new shoes some shine. Recalled a possible source of needle and threat, as of yet unfound, in order to repair the button on one trouser and to sort out some hats. Acquired a hat. Revised my putonghua and learned a great deal of new words to add to my vocabulary, managing to learn much and write down even more for learning when Saturday approaches. Completed a Halloween themed first aid gauntlet requiring the treatment of zombies in various stages of distress, many lessons were learned, I never want to deal with flamboyant drunk zombies in my nightmares. Attended a dinner in which I got the waitresses' digits, albeit much overdo as we are already acquaintances. Preparing to read through two books for tomorrow in the span of a few hours, prepare formal wear for the quick change, must wake up early to eat oats in preparation for port, wine and gin, must see if board pen works so that I can learn an entirely new writing style so that one week hence I will be able to serve as an excellent replacement teacher, oh and must finish that piece of shit work I keep postponing for Sunday.
With all this preparation made in life, not much can surprise me into deeper consideration. I usually just leave the mystery for the charm it is. Thus it is completely baffling what I am to make of the warband of 30 frenchmen being led by their leader riding a unicycle playing spooky music from a loudspeaker strapped to their back.
You.. you cut off her fingers? You monster!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111809 on: October 26, 2016, 04:53:12 pm »

needle and threat
Great, now I need to find enough people to form an all-female acoustic punk band. On top of all the other things that need doing. Thanks.
Needle and Threat, performing their new single: 'Cookie Jarhead,' from the hit album 'Pop the napalm in the kettle.'

You.. you cut off her fingers? You monster!
In some cultures it is a sign of honour and respect
Pages: 1 ... 7452 7453 [7454] 7455 7456 ... 11037