Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7449 7450 [7451] 7452 7453 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485311 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111750 on: October 25, 2016, 04:39:05 pm »

I still go "Good morning" and avoid direct pronouns where possible, like the double-effect of the de-formalisation of public life and the you-reform never happened. Don't quite know why.
Yes.
This is good.
I want more people to be like this.

If I don't know you it's not "Hi!", it's GOOD MORNING GOOD SIR. JOLLY NICE WEATHER WE HAVE TODAY, DON'T WE?
I am only half joking.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #111751 on: October 25, 2016, 04:40:41 pm »

I'm another one of those people who always gets thought to be younger than they actually are. It probably doesn't help that I have a higher, more kiddish voice, and that most of my friends are younger than I am, so I just get grouped in with them. :P

Generally for greetings/goodbye I'm the type of person who sticks with Mornin' and Have a good one/day/evening. (Bit of the small town I grew up in that's gotten stuck in my teeth :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111752 on: October 25, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »

smoke lots of weed
I think we would get along.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111753 on: October 25, 2016, 04:47:09 pm »

... I... I just stumbled upon one of my previous works while I was randomly looking through Google pictures for references.
WHAT.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111754 on: October 25, 2016, 04:47:54 pm »

Blair witch bored the f out of me...  dont like ff movies..
The genre is generally crap. Only one I've ever seen that was good was Troll Hunter.

Yeah horror has some HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE quality control problems.

Makers seem to think that disgust of gore is a suitable replacement for terror of the unknown.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111755 on: October 25, 2016, 05:05:34 pm »

You know, I've just realized that I didn't add my age to my forum profiles, both here and on SB.

1) I have no idea why I did that. Excessive Marxist paranoia, maybe?
2) This has literally never came up before, until just now, when someone has called me "young one" in PM, while apparently being only 2 years older than me.

...is there such a thing as "age identity"? Do I sound/act like I'm that significantly younger than I actually am? Why does it bother me so much?!
I haven't caught up with the thread but...
You've sounded so happy and energetic lately.  Though you've mentioned why, it still makes you sound kinda young - in the best way - to jaded ears :P
also cirno avatar

I'm actually getting a similar rush of energy, manic maybe.  I *was* using alcohol to chill so I could focus on work, but now I'm going on long walks or dancing to loud music or otherwise put the energy to good use!  I'm also posting somewhat weird things, with no excuse - and little regret.

We've both had a lot of weight lifted off our shoulders recently, yeah? (:

Fakedit:  Oh jeez thread's moving faster than I thought, but I gotta go.  Running out of daylight!
Oh, that reminds me of another reason why I don't feel all that old!

I never drank alcohol, other than that one time, by complete and total accident. Not that I want to, or even intend to do, like, ever - but it definitely makes me feel like I'm still in school. Hell, some people already start drinking in school!

Figured out the reason why that "age misidentification" thing bothered me so much. It's because it has triggered my "self-creepiness" detector.

You see, the particular PM in question (not on this forum) was, definitely slightly more, uh, roleplay-ish than I'm used to. And there's also this big yuge negative stereotype about, you know, creepy old men pretending to be young girls on the Internet, and while I'm really all that old, it still has triggered my sense of "what the fuck are you doing you indecent person".

Apparently I still have a sense of shame, how weird~
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111756 on: October 25, 2016, 05:08:59 pm »

creepy old men pretending to be young girls on the Internet
I don't think that FBI agents working in their internet pedophillia divisions are really that old or creepy.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111757 on: October 25, 2016, 05:14:39 pm »

I seem to be alone here, as everyone guesses my age fairly reasonably.

I don't think I'm that bad.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111758 on: October 25, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »

My stepdad just stated to my mother his intent to force his way into my room and remove me. I don't know if it's going to be a while before I post again, but I have a feeling something bad is about to happen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111759 on: October 25, 2016, 05:21:16 pm »

I seem to be alone here, as everyone guesses my age fairly reasonably.

I don't think I'm that bad.
We'll see about that when the day of judgement comes, lustful sheep-heresiarch.

Yeah, everyone assumes me to be a bit older than I am, a few years or so. Then is disappointed of course because I can't talk about unis and haven't lived at all...

Tempted to start claiming to be older in social situations, just to avoid the usual surprise and slight percieved increase in patronising tone.
One wheel short of a wagon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111760 on: October 25, 2016, 05:22:37 pm »

My stepdad just stated to my mother his intent to force his way into my room and remove me. I don't know if it's going to be a while before I post again, but I have a feeling something bad is about to happen.

Sheeit. Good luck dude...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111761 on: October 25, 2016, 05:24:27 pm »

Yeah, echo that. Stay as safe as possible, ak.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111762 on: October 25, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »

If he assualts you, be the bigger man and passive, protect your head.
Most importantly, CALL THE POLICE WITH EVIDENCE OF HIS ASSUALT.
If he makes a mess in the process DON'T clean it up. Its evidence.
Take photos of any injurys.
This arsehole needs to get karma.
Also dont stir shit up, just ignore him.
These things are often two sided and you may be unitentionally pissing him off.
For 124 bitcoin I'll whack him for you
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111763 on: October 25, 2016, 05:32:08 pm »

Unbelievably, despite the part about bitcoin assassination most of that's good advice.

Channel the wisdom of Tommy Wiseau, and "record everything"!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111764 on: October 25, 2016, 05:38:43 pm »

Aye.  What MSH said.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7449 7450 [7451] 7452 7453 ... 11037