Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7448 7449 [7450] 7451 7452 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485728 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111735 on: October 25, 2016, 03:56:29 pm »

There's definitely such thing as age identity. It's especially noticeable with really old people - I had a great-grandpa who was 95 when he died but obviously felt 20-30 years old on the inside.

PPE:

People always think I'm way older than I am, even in meatspace. I was getting online guesses of early to mid 20's when I was 15, and when I graduated High School some critically uninformed people thought I had graduated college. Now I'm getting answers like 25, 30, 40 (that one was with voice chat).

I don't even know.

Hey, it's better than being mistaken as one-two grades younger (including by my teachers) all four years of high school. I highly doubt that anyone who meets me will overestimate my age.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111736 on: October 25, 2016, 03:57:52 pm »

EDIT: Late 20s to mid-early thirties?
I can buy goddamn alcohol for little more than two weeks now. LATE 20s? I AM BARELY LATE 10s!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111737 on: October 25, 2016, 03:58:45 pm »

Remember: On the internet, men are women, women are children, and children are FBI agents.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #111738 on: October 25, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »

People always think I'm way older than I am, even in meatspace. I was getting online guesses of early to mid 20's when I was 15, and when I graduated High School some critically uninformed people thought I had graduated college. Now I'm getting answers like 25, 30, 40 (that one was with voice chat).

I don't even know.

I actually get it the other way... I'm 27, who is big, broad-shouldered, tall guy and people mistake me for 20 or less. Just two weeks ago I was asked for ID card when buying beer for my sister, fun times!

Then again, I shave every few days, don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and rarely eat fastfoods so I guess that might be helping a little to keep babyface appearance? v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111739 on: October 25, 2016, 04:00:26 pm »

And FBI Agents are all Agent Smith.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111740 on: October 25, 2016, 04:03:41 pm »

Just two weeks ago I was asked for ID card when buying beer for my sister, fun times!
Meanwhile people refuse to ask me for ID. I have no fucking idea, maybe I really look old while I can't stop thinking of myself as looking really damn young. The most crushing experience related to my age was when I was once passing a group of children from like, preschool, and they all said "GOOD MORNING MISTER" in a choir. That was like two years ago. Fuck.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111741 on: October 25, 2016, 04:03:54 pm »

On a scale from one to Cypress Hill, how stoned are you right now?
Hits from the bong
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111742 on: October 25, 2016, 04:07:05 pm »

You know, I've just realized that I didn't add my age to my forum profiles, both here and on SB.

1) I have no idea why I did that. Excessive Marxist paranoia, maybe?
2) This has literally never came up before, until just now, when someone has called me "young one" in PM, while apparently being only 2 years older than me.

...is there such a thing as "age identity"? Do I sound/act like I'm that significantly younger than I actually am? Why does it bother me so much?!
I haven't caught up with the thread but...
You've sounded so happy and energetic lately.  Though you've mentioned why, it still makes you sound kinda young - in the best way - to jaded ears :P
also cirno avatar

I'm actually getting a similar rush of energy, manic maybe.  I *was* using alcohol to chill so I could focus on work, but now I'm going on long walks or dancing to loud music or otherwise put the energy to good use!  I'm also posting somewhat weird things, with no excuse - and little regret.

We've both had a lot of weight lifted off our shoulders recently, yeah? (:

Fakedit:  Oh jeez thread's moving faster than I thought, but I gotta go.  Running out of daylight!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #111743 on: October 25, 2016, 04:09:05 pm »

The most crushing experience related to my age was when I was once passing a group of children from like, preschool, and they all said "GOOD MORNING MISTER" in a choir. That was like two years ago. Fuck.

I get 'hi' instead of 'good morning mister' most of the time, I'm too youthful to be taken seriously ;_;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111744 on: October 25, 2016, 04:12:34 pm »

I myself still have an urge to tell "Good morning" to any person that looks vaguely grown up.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111745 on: October 25, 2016, 04:14:44 pm »

Wait, your young uns say hello to the older ones?

Other than being bemused when they waddle across your path, preschoolers ignore us unknown big uns.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111746 on: October 25, 2016, 04:27:35 pm »

I shouldn't b posting here but I have the opposite problem. I have part Asian heritage, was still being ID'd by bouncers until I was in my early 30's. Which was annoying in it's own way. Although I'm probably in the sweet spot for that now, people tend to think I'm about 15 years younger than I am.

My secret: don't drink too much, smoke lots of weed. It can work for you too, send three easy payments $19.95 for my set of de-motivational tapes. Unfortunately my business failed because everyone forgot to send the additional payments.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:30:10 pm by Reelya »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111747 on: October 25, 2016, 04:33:19 pm »

I still go "Good morning" and avoid direct pronouns where possible, like the double-effect of the de-formalisation of public life and the you-reform never happened. Don't quite know why.

People generally gets my age about right, but I've always felt rather old, grumpy and slightly future shocked. I am the sort of person complaining about social media rot, the ultra-extroverted fanaticism of the present day and the so-called cashless society. I like reading the newspaper, so I can complain about everything and slap it with the back of my hand. Or chuck it across the room if there is something particularly upsetting in it that day.

Never really had to present my ID, unless it's the sort of situation where everyone has to. I don't particularly look like trouble, I don't think.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111748 on: October 25, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »

Blair witch bored the f out of me...  dont like ff movies..
The genre is generally crap. Only one I've ever seen that was good was Troll Hunter.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111749 on: October 25, 2016, 04:37:55 pm »

Blair witch bored the f out of me...  dont like ff movies..
The genre is generally crap. Only one I've ever seen that was good was Troll Hunter.

Yeah horror has some HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE quality control problems.
Pages: 1 ... 7448 7449 [7450] 7451 7452 ... 11037