Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7447 7448 [7449] 7450 7451 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486510 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111720 on: October 25, 2016, 03:11:01 pm »

...If C is the conversion factor for time and space, and is effectively Causality, and matter can be described as m=E/C2, then the derivative of energy with respect to causality is P, momentum, originally known as persistence. Matter starts to lose it's identity as velocity approaches true zero (T=-273 C); logical, as you cannot divide by zero.

The universe is expanding, and it is expanding at an accelerating rate, where previously the rate of expansion was decreasing. Gravity is spacetime warping due to the existence of matter and/or energy. The amount of space being created over time is increasing, and/or it is a function of the area over which it exists. If the expansion rate of the universe can be modeled as a quadratic function, then the amount of space can be modeled as a cubic function, or d3/t. There are three spatial dimensions and one time dimension.

If the universe has a constant state of tension/energy, or the function of expansion/space is in some way dependent on existing space, and gravity/matter warps this, but the tension must remain the same, then space will expand where gravity is pulling on it, such that there is a net change in tension of zero. If this is limited somehow by the space available, then as objects drift together from gravity naturally agglomerating them, the available space to act on (if the density of the available space is a function of the tension on it, possibly logarithmic?) will decrease, and thus so will the rate of expansion.

But unless expansion slows to zero, it will continue, and there will once again be large amounts of space between larger bodies, which, due to gravity scaling with the inverse square of distance but space being 3-dimensional, not 2-dimensional, allows more expansion to occur, bringing the universe closer to the state of 'zero'/constant tension it would most 'prefer' to be in.

If Causality is C-1, then the derivative of causality would be [-]C-2, which is the conversion factor of matter and energy. If it is instead C, then it's antiderivative would be C2/2, but it is not E=mC2/2, despite KE=mV2/2.

This all seems extremely interconnected in some way that I'm just not quite getting and it's very...something. I'm not even sure how it's making me feel, other than like a conspiracy theorist.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111721 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:37 pm »

On a scale from one to Cypress Hill, how stoned are you right now?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111722 on: October 25, 2016, 03:13:05 pm »

We should make a thread "How old does the person above you sound".
How old do I sound?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111723 on: October 25, 2016, 03:14:30 pm »

I'm not.

Although I bet I'm one of a select subset people who become stoned if they don't take drugs.

There's just...a mathematical way this all fits together. I can feel it. Which is weird in and of itself.

EDIT: Late 20s to mid-early thirties?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111724 on: October 25, 2016, 03:16:45 pm »

I'm not.

Although I bet I'm one of a select subset people who become stoned if they don't take drugs.

There's just...a mathematical way this all fits together. I can feel it. Which is weird in and of itself.
Keep thinking.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111725 on: October 25, 2016, 03:25:12 pm »

@Sergarr:You do kind of...Behave youngly?
But how young? I want to know how young/old the people with whom I talk imagine me...

...oh wait, I have an avatar for that...

oh dear

what's the apparent age of my avatar?

We should make a thread "How old does the person above you sound".
How old do I sound?

19-20, but apparently my sense of age is deeply screwed, so w/e

I'm not.

Keep thinking.
Yeah totally keep doing that. This could help.
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111726 on: October 25, 2016, 03:27:04 pm »

I mean you sounded pretty old and then you suddenly sounded young.

Meanwhile I feel like I'm a crotchety old person already.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111727 on: October 25, 2016, 03:28:46 pm »

@Sergarr:Er, your avatar is, like, 10-12 :v

But I mean, I know you're older than that.

And then there are times when you sound like you're in your 20s.

Hmm...

What's my avatar's age?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:41:57 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111728 on: October 25, 2016, 03:35:05 pm »

what's the apparent age of my avatar?

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111729 on: October 25, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »

What's my avatar's age?

45 in penguin years.

How old do I seem?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111730 on: October 25, 2016, 03:45:48 pm »

I mean you sounded pretty old and then you suddenly sounded young.

Meanwhile I feel like I'm a crotchety old person already.
Well yes, that's the thing - this is why I asked the question about "age identity", because it seems that, as it is with my gender identity, it's pretty confused.

On one hand, I fear that I sometimes subconsciously alter my behavioral traits in order to appear younger/older than I really am, to extract some sort of societal benefits or to fit within the local societal expectations.

On the other hand, this is all such a load of boring crap and I just want to live in the moment

What's my avatar's age?

45 in penguin years.

How old do I seem?
24, but I don't know you well enough + my age detector is failing so again w/e

EDIT: Also, 10? I, uh, would've assign her, like 16-17! still underage though
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:48:16 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111732 on: October 25, 2016, 03:53:11 pm »

Given that my daughter also did blow up an anthill in my front yard so bad the crater is still there and it tore siding and windows up, yes. Speaking of I should really fill that up some day since if it got super rainy I can imagine we'd get mosquito problems from it...

Alternatively, you can go blow it up some more and make a nice little fish pond. You will have to ensure you don't have mosquitoes developing, but hey.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111733 on: October 25, 2016, 03:54:17 pm »

People always think I'm way older than I am, even in meatspace. I was getting online guesses of early to mid 20's when I was 15, and when I graduated High School some critically uninformed people thought I had graduated college. Now I'm getting answers like 25, 30, 40 (that one was with voice chat).

I don't even know.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111734 on: October 25, 2016, 03:55:55 pm »

Don't worry, it's not just you. With my hair falling out and my wrinkles people think I'm in my 30s. :c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7447 7448 [7449] 7450 7451 ... 11037