Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7445 7446 [7447] 7448 7449 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487623 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111690 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:43 am »

If its lithium ion, you should never let it discharge completely, but also never try to charge it completely in one go, as that can damage the battery, its better to charge it whenever its convenient to.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111691 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:16 am »

Are you descended from celestial beings, Sergarr? It is possible that you're a sorcerer, and can substantiate your metaphorical physiology with enough willpower.
... or at least, that how it would work if I were god of this world. Damn boring low-magic setting.
...funnily enough, that description seems pretty similar to how I would describe it (uh, "metaphorical" means "not real", right?). And, you know, there's a joke about IRL speccing wizards...

You know, I think you don't give this "low-magic setting" enough credit.

why is my imagination able to imagine large angelic feathery wings as a part of my body

Because it's really, really cool, innit? If you do find a way to develop them, would you mind teaching me? It'd be very useful, hop from the balcony and swoop down to the supermarket.
now let's not get too crazy

I might imagine myself to be all kinds of things, but I still have enough reason within me to know that it's all just imagination and does not actually affect physical reality outside of my neural system

also what kind of petty use for angelic wings is this
Make the real thiiing

It woukd be really coooool.

...but why would I want to? It already feels quite real to me, and quite possibly much, much better than real. because I'd imagine there would be enough IRL inconveniences from having large angelic feathery wings to seriously cramp my style - for example, how would I even put on clothes?
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111692 on: October 25, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

As long as you don't start wondering if you can fly and jump off something high, it's all cool.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111693 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:24 am »

But flight

It's cool
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111694 on: October 25, 2016, 11:11:09 am »

Unfortunately, humans are simply too massive to be able to fly with just birdlike wings. It might be possible with fancy robotics to get a limb strong enough, but the wingspan would be massive, and you'd probably end up smashing the walls of your house down.

To be fair to this setting, the magic we do have is pretty impressive when you think about it. But I want my shapeshifting and fireballs, dammit! :/

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111695 on: October 25, 2016, 11:17:35 am »

If its lithium ion, you should never let it discharge completely, but also never try to charge it completely in one go, as that can damage the battery, its better to charge it whenever its convenient to.

While charging it under the wrong conditions can cause serious problems, the same circutry that is necessary for a lithium-ion cell to operate will prevent any issues. No particular care in charging is needed.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111696 on: October 25, 2016, 11:22:18 am »

Unfortunately, humans are simply too massive to be able to fly with just birdlike wings. It might be possible with fancy robotics to get a limb strong enough, but the wingspan would be massive, and you'd probably end up smashing the walls of your house down.

To be fair to this setting, the magic we do have is pretty impressive when you think about it. But I want my shapeshifting and fireballs, dammit! :/
Okay, but what if you optimize humans for flight?

Er, we can *get* to that point, eventually.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111697 on: October 25, 2016, 11:26:26 am »

I don't particularly want to cut off my lower half and hollow out my bones, no.
Would probably be more effective to build a whole new body for flying from the ground up, and either transplant your brain or just control it by telepresence.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111698 on: October 25, 2016, 11:30:11 am »

There's this neat piece of cybernetics with a haptic interface that lets you fly, using the movements of your arms and legs to control your path.

It's called a plane. It's about as optimized for flight as humans are going to get before we learn how to make gravity control and microthrusting work.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111699 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:59 am »

This is a WTF moment when I observe my own emotions.

Today, I had a strong argument with one person in my class and the strange thing is I felt good about it.

Usually, I feel guilt or I feel that I "lost"the argument, but today I was quiet while the person just kept hurling insults at me while I just barely said anything in the end, but for some reason those few words I said made me feel satisfied.

I am greatly troubled by this because I was trying to hold peace with that person for past few months, believing I am the one who did a mistake.

But now, I was called arrogant but WTF??? I feel nothing, I even felt good when could leave the classroom knowing I finally said something to that person.

This is so weird, I thought that by trying to force myself to be friendly I would just find some other way, but today I just didnīt handle myself. Am I really such backward person that I am simply destined to have grudges?

I donīt know.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111700 on: October 25, 2016, 11:39:42 am »

But flight

It's cool
I'm pretty sure that using imagination for flight is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Besides, I actually don't really like flying. I like impossibly long/high jumping with some additional gliding much, much more. It tickles my ballistic intuition fancy <3.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111701 on: October 25, 2016, 11:41:09 am »

This is a WTF moment when I observe my own emotions.
Today, I had a strong argument with one person in my class and the strange thing is I felt good about it.
Usually, I feel guilt or I feel that I "lost"the argument, but today I was quiet while the person just kept hurling insults at me while I just barely said anything in the end, but for some reason those few words I said made me feel satisfied.
I am greatly troubled by this because I was trying to hold peace with that person for past few months, believing I am the one who did a mistake.
But now, I was called arrogant but WTF??? I feel nothing, I even felt good when could leave the classroom knowing I finally said something to that person.
This is so weird, I thought that by trying to force myself to be friendly I would just find some other way, but today I just didnīt handle myself. Am I really such backward person that I am simply destined to have grudges?
I donīt know.
If it's any consolation, you are young, and this is just one test in life to finding out who you are - knowing yourself is a very long process, with so many steps to make, and every now and then the knowledge gets out of date.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111702 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:44 am »

Er, we can *get* to that point, eventually.
Jetpack.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111703 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:59 am »

Enjoy conflict.  Conflict lets you know you are alive.

Revel in it.  Its not about hating somebody or something, its about expressing yourself and its about allowing conventions to be challenged.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111704 on: October 25, 2016, 11:46:04 am »

That's called postmodernism.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7445 7446 [7447] 7448 7449 ... 11037