Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7441 7442 [7443] 7444 7445 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487752 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111630 on: October 24, 2016, 05:34:32 pm »

I hold that there are only three movies that has really frightened me. Jurassic Park, as a child. Poltergeist, as a slightly older child. And finally, Blair Witch. So terrifying that I couldn't finish watching it alone during the middle if day the first time I tried seeing it.

There's a lot movies that's been a lot more thrilling and intense (in the feary way), but none that has frightened me to the extent of Blair Witch. I doubt it would be as scary to new viewers today, though, given the oversaturation of found footage flicks we have now, even though I'd bet it's better than 99% of them. But it's still the scariest movie I've ever seen.

Also, why is footage not spelled photage or at least fotage?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111631 on: October 24, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »

Because english. It looks better, anyway. Fotage is too close to frottage, and photage sounds like someone trying to eat film.

Though movie wise, I can't really remember how many of them scared me.The original JP definitely got some jump scares, but I can't recall how much beyond that.

But one I do. Goddamn fantasia gave me nightmares. Friggin' night on bald mountain. Damn movie wrecked my sleep worse than some slasher films.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111632 on: October 24, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »

My mother just declared my appointment to be told by a physician that my stepdad is a fucking psychopath is on November 15 after work. Apparently they don't take walk-ins.

Now I'm genuinely curious what's going to happen when the doctor points out I don't have horrific body odor.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #111633 on: October 24, 2016, 06:02:58 pm »

My mother just declared my appointment to be told by a physician that my stepdad is a fucking psychopath is on November 15 after work. Apparently they don't take walk-ins.

Now I'm genuinely curious what's going to happen when the doctor points out I don't have horrific body odor.
He's kind of a dumb psychopath though, isn't he? Based on all your tales and whatnot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111634 on: October 24, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »

Candyman. That was the one that got me. Not even for the gore parts, just that one scene where the journalist/investigator chick is poking around an abandoned apartment in the projects, and steps through a hole in the wall, and then the camera pans around the wall and she's stepping out of this giant graffiti mouth....yeah, for whatever reason that pushed my freakout button and I was like "NOPENOPENOPENOPE" right over the back of the couch.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111635 on: October 24, 2016, 06:29:42 pm »

He's kind of a dumb psychopath though, isn't he? Based on all your tales and whatnot.

Honestly not sure which is more dangerous, a smart psychopath or a dumb one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111636 on: October 24, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »

Honestly not sure which is more dangerous, a smart psychopath or a dumb one.
A bored one?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111637 on: October 24, 2016, 06:41:43 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111638 on: October 24, 2016, 06:53:23 pm »

That's just way to coincidental. It must be some kind of cover up.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111639 on: October 24, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »

That's English for ya. If it ain't stolen, it's some nonsense that survived long enough for people to mostly forget the silly etymological roots. Quite often it's both.

Probably goes for a lot of languages, excepting all the ones that decided that corrupted Latin was a great starting point for a language.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111640 on: October 24, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

You think that's bad? Disaster.

Dis-Aster. Greek. Dis being bad/ill, Aster being stars.

Thus, the word disaster means "bad stars", because it stemmed from an early astrology community who believed that mass calamity could be predicted by reading the positions of stars and planets.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111641 on: October 24, 2016, 07:10:31 pm »

I get that. Putting faith in the stars is not just a Greek thing.

As far as Greek etymologies go, I think clue is weirder.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111642 on: October 24, 2016, 07:41:01 pm »

I'm wondering now... If tongue lenghtening yoga exists... is there dick lenghtening yoga? Is that one of those simple magical tricks I keep hearing about?

Kot, its called Jelqing.
Take it slow and dont expect instant results, its like fitness. Your welcome.
Remember that thickness is preferable to length.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111643 on: October 24, 2016, 07:54:30 pm »

I'm wondering now... If tongue lenghtening yoga exists... is there dick lenghtening yoga? Is that one of those simple magical tricks I keep hearing about?

Kot, its called Jelqing.
Take it slow and dont expect instant results, its like fitness. Your welcome.
Remember that thickness is preferable to length.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111644 on: October 24, 2016, 08:53:42 pm »

... I can't tell how intentional that .gif is given the subject quoted. Like, the foot is okay but then there's the rest.

In any case, near as anyone seems able to tell it barely works at best (and more likely just doesn't) and includes such wonderful potential side effects as backfiring and disfigurement. As always, please consult a medical professional before attempting dong exercises suggested by random internet people. And then possibly a psychiatrist if you decide to not listen to said professional.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7441 7442 [7443] 7444 7445 ... 11037