Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7436 7437 [7438] 7439 7440 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486469 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111555 on: October 23, 2016, 04:10:14 pm »

When was the last anyone in a Hollywood produced movie smoked an actual cigarette?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111556 on: October 23, 2016, 04:23:04 pm »

When was the last anyone in a Hollywood produced movie smoked an actual cigarette?
Unsurprisingly, now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111557 on: October 23, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »

Unsurprisingly, now
Well then. I don't feel silly now.

For some reason I thought there was legislation against that kinda thing in movies. I have no idea why I thought that.

Edit: I guess it was just for kids media. That's usually a lot more interesting than media directed at adults...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:27:59 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111558 on: October 23, 2016, 04:26:56 pm »

Went to sleep at like 6pm and slept until 7. So yeah, happens to us all.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111559 on: October 23, 2016, 04:27:41 pm »

its reasonable to not want smoking in childrens films, especially with the protagonists lighting one

i could not give fewer shits about smoking in adult-oriented movies, though, and im not sure why theyre listed on the smoke/smokefree list

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111560 on: October 23, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »

its reasonable to not want smoking in childrens films, especially with the protagonists lighting one

i could not give fewer shits about smoking in adult-oriented movies, though, and im not sure why theyre listed on the smoke/smokefree list
adult films are exclusively made with children in mind

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111561 on: October 23, 2016, 04:39:00 pm »

adult films are exclusively made with children in mind

adult-oriented, not adult

if filmmakers gone so far as to include swearing, recreational drug use, sex, and violence in their movies, i dont think anyones losing any sleep over a guy lighting a swisher in an alley

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111562 on: October 23, 2016, 04:39:42 pm »

Because gib glorious tobacco-free world NAO, basically. There is a knotty issue there (with sponsorships, "sponsorships" and not sponsorships and the ethics of drug marketing in media et cetera), but it's usually boiled down to a nice and digestable hysterical summary.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111563 on: October 23, 2016, 04:40:26 pm »

if filmmakers gone so far as to include swearing, recreational drug use, sex, and violence in their movies, i dont think anyones losing any sleep over a guy lighting a swisher in an alley
Swearing, drugs, sex and violence = kids are the target demographic

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111564 on: October 23, 2016, 04:42:51 pm »

Maybe I was a weird kid, but when I was little I didn't really give two shits about kid's movies. I always wanted to watch James Bond and The Matrix and stuff.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111565 on: October 23, 2016, 04:44:04 pm »

I, too, appreciated adult-oriented movies more than kids movies.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111566 on: October 23, 2016, 04:44:14 pm »

So recently I've been getting into Dwarf fortress again, with the masterwork mod. And Ill freely admit I haven't played in a looonng time. I think the last time I played was a little dip into adventure mode when towers and night creatures were new.

So anyway, I'm running an orc fort and still doing some early setup. I have some small little houses for my starting orcs and plans to start walling in the area, and a nice cabin for my clan leader. When I notice.... Is that smoke coming from the trees?!

So I panic and check if the trees are somehow on fire... "Cherry flowers"

I look a bit more, these are cherry trees. They're blossoming and spreading cute pink petals like they're wont to do.

I was spooked by blossoming cherry trees. God dammit DF.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111567 on: October 23, 2016, 05:27:48 pm »

For some reason I thought there was legislation against that kinda thing in movies. I have no idea why I thought that.
There is legislation, but it does not ban the act of smoking from movies, it just bans showing recognizable brand names (same for booze)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111568 on: October 23, 2016, 05:41:48 pm »

Swearing, drugs, sex and violence = kids are the target demographic

You missed my point.

If you're going ot include everything listed in your quote, cigarettes are probably the least of your problems in the eyes of the moral guardians.

But a KIDS MOVIE, such as the likes of Disney and whatever, have an actual reason to not include cigarettes because they're seen as being  responsible for teaching children. I don't think anyone's counting on Kill Bill to raise the next generation with wholesome values.

i dont care if you preferred backdoor sluts 9 when you were a literal 3-month-old fetus kicking his mothers stomach, the point still stands

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111569 on: October 23, 2016, 05:55:58 pm »

You missed my point.
If you're going ot include everything listed in your quote, cigarettes are probably the least of your problems in the eyes of the moral guardians.
But a KIDS MOVIE, such as the likes of Disney and whatever, have an actual reason to not include cigarettes because they're seen as being  responsible for teaching children. I don't think anyone's counting on Kill Bill to raise the next generation with wholesome values.
i dont care if you preferred backdoor sluts 9 when you were a literal 3-month-old fetus kicking his mothers stomach, the point still stands
If you are a moral guardian you are a poor one if you let smoking slide just to focus exclusively on other things, no? No, you tackle all of them
Otherwise we would all stand around making pointless observations about how the police shouldn't bother with thieves whilst murders still happen
You kinda have to deal with all of them
Pages: 1 ... 7436 7437 [7438] 7439 7440 ... 11037