Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7435 7436 [7437] 7438 7439 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487801 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111540 on: October 23, 2016, 12:33:05 pm »

I didn't see what Catmeat said, probably didn't want to. In any case, my mother thinks she is forcing me to go to the clinic tomorrow for "at least a physical". Even if I somehow end up going there, I'm not sure what good that would do, especially since when a person can smell something nobody else can, it's usually a problem with the smeller, not the person being smelled.

Regardless, if it come down to violence, I will not be the one to initiate it.

A physical is free though, is it not? (I think you're in Florida, not sure if it's the same there as where I am, but it can't be that different)

If nothing else you can get a medical professional to sign off on your non-smell, and make sure you're in otherwise tip-too condition at the same time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111541 on: October 23, 2016, 12:44:57 pm »

Not in florida it isn't. Think some programs/insurance (and occasionally schools or whatever will foot one) covers it just fine but if you don't got that it has a pricetag.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111542 on: October 23, 2016, 12:50:57 pm »

New York, not Florida. And I'm assuming it's not free. But I won't be the one paying for it either.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111543 on: October 23, 2016, 12:55:43 pm »

Yeah, quick check seems to show it's not in NY, either. Looks like there might be some sort of leniency (or at least insurance is more likely to cover it) for a single annual one, but everything I skimmed over talked about insurance, which means it's probably got cost for the patient.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111544 on: October 23, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »

I heard a tap tap tap outside my window. "Fuck up cat" I muttered to myself; only to look outside seeing 3 female woodland finch, one is smacking a snail dead and pulling the meat out in one swift action. The other two observe, heads tilting and watching with intent, learing from their parent, she gave every bit to them.
I could see the intelligence and instinct in these birds as I tamed the same species a while back and she was a lovely companion for a tiny bird, sure no manners and often shat where she liked but she had this look sometimes when I would talk to her... only now do I realise what this look was, she was learning.
I had to teach that bird how to forage and even threw her many times after her wings developed, yeah sounds cruel but instincts worked and she was a natural.
Haha birds are stupid
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111545 on: October 23, 2016, 02:30:41 pm »

Immediately after finishing an ad, Youtube immediately launched me into another ad. And the best part is its the exact same ad. The unskippable American Airlines nonsense too.
I only get ocassional seconds of nothingness as firefox filters away the pain.  Much, much preferable to suddenly loud crap or suddenly terrible ad.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111546 on: October 23, 2016, 03:31:58 pm »

You know what is odd...

I can often tell the "low" quality of a remake... Not by its actors, acting, sets, visuals, sound design... or ANYTHING like that.

I can tell entirely by its lighting.

Bad Remakes are allergic to proper lighting trying to supplement proper mood by having the constant "grey" meant to make you uneasy... Which doesn't really work...

Then again that doesn't work for the Transformer movies... Or DOES IT!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:35:10 pm by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111547 on: October 23, 2016, 03:36:10 pm »

Bad lighting is characteristic of badly made movies in general, really. It's a somewhat subtle thing that's hard to do properly, so it's usually the first thing that gets thrown away.
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111548 on: October 23, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »

Transformers cartoons were meant to sell the toys.

Grown-up Transformers movies are for selling other toys via product placement.pr
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111549 on: October 23, 2016, 03:42:00 pm »

Bad lighting is characteristic of badly made movies in general, really. It's a somewhat subtle thing that's hard to do properly, so it's usually the first thing that gets thrown away.

I feel like SOME film maker get this idea that the lighting is kind of a "More is more" situation where if they paint their entire movie in the same tone that it will be improved.

Don't get me wrong the "Gray and Desaturated" lighting definitely has its place. Yet when it is used for everything it makes me feel bored no matter what is on the scene and makes everything so surreal as to take me out of it.

Want to know the most horrifying time of day in terms of lighting for me?

Dawn on a cloudy day and a chill in the air...

Which is far brighter and more colorful then the Gray light they use... Yet even then its unease works because it is contrast to the house.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:44:12 pm by Neonivek »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111550 on: October 23, 2016, 03:57:26 pm »

To this day I wonder, does product placement really get you that much money, to the point you can make transformers movies and adam sandler shit over and over and get away with it? That whole "mall cop" series of shitty movies is entirely dedicated to product placement.

I'm pretty sure I'd much rather spend that money on online social media ads (and reach way more people) than get my brand associated with adam sandler.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:01:39 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111551 on: October 23, 2016, 04:00:56 pm »

To this day I wonder, does product placement really get you that much money, to the point you can make transformers movies and adam sandler shit over and over and get away with it? That whole "mall cop" series of shitty movies is entirely dedicated to product placement.

I'm pretty sure I'd much rather spend that money on online ads than get my brand associated with adam sandler.

Well... ET increased the sale of Reeces Pieces by 60%

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111552 on: October 23, 2016, 04:03:35 pm »

that was et, this is mall cop

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111553 on: October 23, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »

People went to see Mall Cop. There's a Mall Cop 2...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111554 on: October 23, 2016, 04:08:11 pm »

You'd be surprised

Just look at how anything pushed through Hollywood can become socially acceptable

MMmmmm gotta get that child smoking yeeaaaahhhh
Pages: 1 ... 7435 7436 [7437] 7438 7439 ... 11037