Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7415 7416 [7417] 7418 7419 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488778 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111240 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:30 am »

I am feeling disillusioned about the franchise.
I CANNOT HEAR YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! EVERYTHING IS CLEARLY BETTER WITH WINGED HUSSARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Tiruin, go to sleep and dream of Winged Hussars. It will help.

Winged hussar therapy.
- read about winged hussars
- dream about winged hussars
- watch some movie about winged hussars
- group roleplaying as winged hussars

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111241 on: October 18, 2016, 09:23:18 am »

I am feeling disillusioned about the franchise.
I CANNOT HEAR YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! EVERYTHING IS CLEARLY BETTER WITH WINGED HUSSARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Tiruin, go to sleep and dream of Winged Hussars. It will help.

Winged hussar therapy.
- read about winged hussars
- dream about winged hussars
- watch some movie about winged hussars
- group roleplaying as winged hussars

Instructions unclear.
Dreamt of winged hares.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111242 on: October 18, 2016, 09:26:48 am »

Hacka på!!
You're so... Deluged. Gib back what u stole! >:U
And they got Gustavus Adolphus wrong.
Curious. Why? I mean, they got basically everyone wrong, but...

I also bet that the situation depicted in the video is from the Time of Troubles. Back when we conquered Moscow and ruled fucking Russia. Yeah. Those were great times.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111243 on: October 18, 2016, 09:49:00 am »

Hacka på!!
You're so... Deluged. Gib back what u stole! >:U

Never! That trophy collection is all that's left. If it's any consolation, most of it is Russian.

Look at it like this, though. The Commonwealth reallly got their own back when Charles XII (that Pfalzian washout even a Bernadotte would've done better) gambled half of the kingdom away on an ill-advised game of Whack-a-Pole. King August basically kited him to death.

I also bet that the situation depicted in the video is from the Time of Troubles. Back when we conquered Moscow and ruled fucking Russia. Yeah. Those were great times.

I bet that particular episode ain't in the Kreml-approved litterature.  :P Seriously, wings work. Wings to Win, folks!

I think they mixed him up with Erik XIV (1533-1577), who had that reddish, forked beard the Civ V imposter is sporting. Gustav was blonde and had a different beard. He was also pretty fat. It's just... Odd, which is a shame, because the rest of that leader screen is pretty neat.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111244 on: October 18, 2016, 11:00:01 am »

I bet that particular episode ain't in the Kreml-approved litterature.  :P Seriously, wings work.
Fun fact, the Polish translation of "Time of Troubles" is more akin to "GREAT SORROW" than "Time of Troubles". The Russian version seems to be somewhere in between, though, but still...

I think they mixed him up with Erik XIV (1533-1577), who had that reddish, forked beard the Civ V imposter is sporting. Gustav was blonde and had a different beard. He was also pretty fat. It's just... Odd, which is a shame, because the rest of that leader screen is pretty neat.
Yeah, and he has an painting of Maria Theresa despite being (theoretically) like what, 200 years before? He was pretty great dude though, and, if I remember right, got killed by a Polish soldier. That feel when the greatest person your country has ever had is shot by some random dude because he was too dumb to wear armour, eh? :p
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111245 on: October 18, 2016, 11:39:37 am »

I bet that particular episode ain't in the Kreml-approved litterature.  :P Seriously, wings work.
Fun fact, the Polish translation of "Time of Troubles" is more akin to "GREAT SORROW" than "Time of Troubles". The Russian version seems to be somewhere in between, though, but still...

Heh, the name I learned was Den Stora Oredan, which basically means "The Great Disorder" but translates more directly to the "Great Untidiness".  :P

Yeah, and he has an painting of Maria Theresa despite being (theoretically) like what, 200 years before? He was pretty great dude though, and, if I remember right, got killed by a Polish soldier. That feel when the greatest person your country has ever had is shot by some random dude because he was too dumb to wear armour, eh? :p

Eh, that brave little Pole earned that kill, fair and square (and I also imagine ol' Gustav was too fat to armour up properly, even if he hadn't thought that anything more than a cuirass was for sissies). Plus, pitched battle, on horseback, on a foggy battleground. That'd be how he'd want to die. Wouldn't terribly mind that, myself, if I had to choose.
I think the reason I get grumbly about that Civ V imposter is because I'm a bit of a GARS fanboy, comes with the territory. Dude was pretty great, that's for sure.

Miles better than Charles, at least. Shot by one of his own officers for being real bad at the whole king business. The Norwegians has been killstealing that headshot ever since, but it seems a lot more likely that it was an internal affair.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111246 on: October 18, 2016, 11:52:50 am »

I bet that particular episode ain't in the Kreml-approved litterature.  :P Seriously, wings work. Wings to Win, folks!

It's all over it, actually. A slightly polished (ahaha i'm on a fuckin roll today) version, but nevertheless.

You know, as I was walking home today, and I heard a slapping sound like a gentle pattering of rain, mixed with what sounded like the sobbing of that wind that wanders ever mendicant, never finding respite or shelter. And so I was in a gloomy mood, until I realized suddenly that the sound was, in fact, the entire population of Poland having a cryfap over golden ages long gone, as has been customary in that nation for the last several centuries.

'Ah!' - I said to myself, 'It must be eight o'clock! For it is at that time that the Poles gather in their town squares and village centers, and pleasure themselves furiously to the image of hussars with wings as tall as the soldier pines near Pskov, until their emotions overwhelm them and the gutters flow with their bitter tears, and a great wailing and gnashing of teeth resounds through the neighbouring lands.'

And so my gloom was dispersed, as I realized that I was, in fact, slightly late, and so I hurried home with great haste.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111247 on: October 18, 2016, 12:09:42 pm »

It's all over it, actually. A slightly polished (ahaha i'm on a fuckin roll today) version, but nevertheless.

You know, as I was walking home today, and I heard a slapping sound like a gentle pattering of rain, mixed with what sounded like the sobbing of that wind that wanders ever mendicant, never finding respite or shelter. And so I was in a gloomy mood, until I realized suddenly that the sound was, in fact, the entire population of Poland having a cryfap over golden ages long gone, as has been customary in that nation for the last several centuries.

'Ah!' - I said to myself, 'It must be eight o'clock! For it is at that time that the Poles gather in their town squares and village centers, and pleasure themselves furiously to the image of hussars with wings as tall as the soldier pines near Pskov, until their emotions overwhelm them and the gutters flow with their bitter tears, and a great wailing and gnashing of teeth resounds through the neighbouring lands.'

And so my gloom was dispersed, as I realized that I was, in fact, slightly late, and so I hurried home with great haste.

So that's what that sound is! You can hear it faintly, when the wind is right. Sure beats the distant churning sound of one million Stockholmers sipping latte at once.

Truth be told, I know bugger-all about Kreml-approved litterate, besides my prejudices. In my mind, I see a big, illustrated page with a double-headed eagle descending from the heavens with vodka in its talons for the people, gathering in marvel and astonishment beneath it. That's what I'd go for. My history chronicles would be the best ever.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111248 on: October 18, 2016, 12:23:05 pm »

Miles better than Charles, at least. Shot by one of his own officers for being real bad at the whole king business. The Norwegians has been killstealing that headshot ever since, but it seems a lot more likely that it was an internal affair.
Meh. Poland was much worse when it came to internal affairs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111249 on: October 18, 2016, 12:39:15 pm »

So that's what that sound is! You can hear it faintly, when the wind is right. Sure beats the distant churning sound of one million Stockholmers sipping latte at once.

Truth be told, I know bugger-all about Kreml-approved litterate, besides my prejudices. In my mind, I see a big, illustrated page with a double-headed eagle descending from the heavens with vodka in its talons for the people, gathering in marvel and astonishment beneath it. That's what I'd go for. My history chronicles would be the best ever.
Well, I mean, you're not that far from the truth, really.The eagle is also supposed to be holding a nuke in its right beak and some sort of bizarro lovechild of the bible and the Communist Manifesto in its left, but other than that, you're about right.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111250 on: October 18, 2016, 01:41:16 pm »

Go out to bring some groceries in. There's some cat from one of the neighbors lounging on our front porch. Get groceries, go back inside.

Come back out a few minutes later for more groceries, and the cat is still on the porch and has somehow caught a mouse within that timeframe. Only a few minutes had passed. Impressive.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111251 on: October 18, 2016, 02:19:12 pm »

The Honkening has landed in Finland.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111252 on: October 18, 2016, 04:01:09 pm »

The good thing with an elector monarchy is that it's at least possible to replace awful monarchs. Although that hinges on everyone being in agreement, which must have been a rare sight.

Well, I mean, you're not that far from the truth, really.The eagle is also supposed to be holding a nuke in its right beak and some sort of bizarro lovechild of the bible and the Communist Manifesto in its left, but other than that, you're about right.

I imagine the Bibilofesto screaming and begging for death, all the time. Maybe they've got one of those, in a little cage they cover with a sheat to shut it up.

The Honkening has landed in Finland.

It was inevitable.

Don't worry. There's already anti-clown patrols in Sweden, they'll likely form up right quick now that the clowning around has spread to Finland, too. A few would-be Joker's gotten their stupid red noses pounded in already, and I doubt the Finnish clown-patrols will be far behind.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111253 on: October 18, 2016, 04:05:59 pm »

Nothing on tv, just had bbc on in the background, overhear ST:TNG starting up, catch La Forge saying something.

Geordi: [something something] -291 Celsius

Goddammit LeVar.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111254 on: October 18, 2016, 04:14:39 pm »

The good thing with an elector monarchy is that it's at least possible to replace awful monarchs. Although that hinges on everyone being in agreement, which must have been a rare sight.

dae remember the good old days when you could overthrow dynastic rulers in the name of god and state

no wrestling with the namby-pamby bureaucracy, all you needed was a big stick to take down the establishment ( and maybe those royal concubines too nomesayin  ;) ;) )

and we were better for it
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:16:34 pm by Calidovi »

Pages: 1 ... 7415 7416 [7417] 7418 7419 ... 11037