Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7414 7415 [7416] 7417 7418 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489718 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111225 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:10 am »

Tiru, you should probably consider getting some more sleep. Writing exams sleep deprived is pretty bad, and getting more sleep than that will help you focus and work.

You probably already know that, but nonetheless.
I am deeply grateful for the responses being supportive despite me knowing all that :P Yes.
* Tiruin is extremely grateful! ;~;

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111226 on: October 18, 2016, 03:59:42 am »

Hyperfocus is a symptom, but don't diagnose via internet. Just go to actual docs.
Oh absolutely, the only thing i'd call myself without a professional diagnosis is a hypochondriac (and hey, i can go to the doctor for free, so why not?). I decided to give the Wikipedia page on ADHD-PI another read though, and while i know that Wikipedia shouldn't be taken at face value on its own, it strikes me that i can relate to a LOT of the symptoms. Not all, but enough that it might be worth chatting with a doctor about. I am currently pretty far away from my doctor though, and it's not something acutely problematic, so i'll probably hold that thought until i get home for real.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111227 on: October 18, 2016, 05:38:01 am »

Today I was given 2 hours to bake some bread from some 'flour'. It turned out to be a just-add-water mix. Surprise surprise, I had the bread done in time.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111228 on: October 18, 2016, 05:42:59 am »

Today I was given 2 hours to bake some bread from some 'flour'. It turned out to be a just-add-water mix. Surprise surprise, I had the bread done in time.

I know a few recipes for bread from scratch and it doesn't take two hours, even if you include the actual mixing of ingredients.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111229 on: October 18, 2016, 06:11:50 am »

Indeed. Why I was given so much time is a mystery.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111230 on: October 18, 2016, 06:42:40 am »

My original username is....this...one...

The real secret is that I don't even like Dragon Quest/Warrior all that much. In fact, I've only played DQ VII, and I didn't finish it (for a good reason, I got scammed out of about seven hours of progress and it killed me).

Though I don't even really see it anymore, MetalSlimeHunt is just like a sound to me now, the component words are lost to my mind. This is compounded by everybody shortening to MSH, which comes across in my mind as "Mish".

DQ IV was the staple one for me.  Notable for me was its definitive jrpg feel, it was the game where I realized respawning  was dumb mechanic, where the concept of grinding hadnt yet entered my brain as viable
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:44:43 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111231 on: October 18, 2016, 06:50:02 am »

A random image redirect on the Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111232 on: October 18, 2016, 08:24:27 am »

I know a few recipes for bread from scratch and it doesn't take two hours, even if you include the actual mixing of ingredients.
Flatbread, sure. Bread with yeast needs to stand for an hour or two at least to let the yeast do it's job before putting it in the oven. So 2h is on the low end for baking bread. But yeah, just-add-water mix is a completely different story ofcourse.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111233 on: October 18, 2016, 09:06:58 am »

I was gonna say, that sounds like me, heh. I can get extremely awkward in social settings. Just the other day, I didn't buy chinese food because the people at the till looked at me when I started walking towards them :P
Whoa, that's relatable. I used to do stuff like that all the time.
Fortunately I've gotten a lot better at forcing myself to power through such awkward situations-- although that's often simply because I remind myself of how much more awkward it would be if I bailed on what I was doing halfway through. Ordering from restaurants is a good example: sure, it's terrifying when all the staff start watching you as you enter and getting ready to serve you, but how much more of a creep would you look like if you just turned tail and ran out the door?

That works for me, anyway. Although I'm pretty sure I've just pretended to be scrutinising their menu before nodding vaguely and turning to leave on at least one occasion. >.>    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111234 on: October 18, 2016, 09:08:41 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAaAAAAAaAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111235 on: October 18, 2016, 09:10:14 am »

I am feeling disillusioned about the franchise.

Since V.  Exactly.  since they took the criticism that they used cartoon avatars and took it to 11.  since they took out mechanics that made it fun for me (stacks) and left us with other things.

V was an improvement in several ways, but either Im too old now or too jaded to get into apple farming dirty peasants who cant be instarazed in a turn.

And also look at alpha cenuri remake.

You can keep your scarchers, Im going back to my modded cIV, if at all.  to the days when serfdom was ass.  to the days when catapults not being able to capture cities was an outrage.  To awkward and janky medieval conflicts.  to the days of mass war sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUg3vJewyP0
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:16:58 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111236 on: October 18, 2016, 09:12:03 am »

WINGS on the HUSSAR, though!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111237 on: October 18, 2016, 09:15:15 am »

Tiru, you should probably consider getting some more sleep. Writing exams sleep deprived is pretty bad, and getting more sleep than that will help you focus and work.

You probably already know that, but nonetheless.
I am deeply grateful for the responses being supportive despite me knowing all that :P Yes.
* Tiruin is extremely grateful! ;~;
Tiruin, sleep, Armokdammit.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111238 on: October 18, 2016, 09:16:15 am »

I am feeling disillusioned about the franchise.
I CANNOT HEAR YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! EVERYTHING IS CLEARLY BETTER WITH WINGED HUSSARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Tiruin, go to sleep and dream of Winged Hussars. It will help.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111239 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:09 am »

Finally... A worthy adversary. Hacka på!!

That said, I can't say I regret my purchase of Civ V, but I'm not very interested in second helpings. It just felt so... Baby's First 4X. "It's Streamlined! It's Simple! It's FUN!" It's just not stimulating for me. It's one of those games where you need real life friends playing it to get the most out of it, I think.

And they got Gustavus Adolphus wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 7414 7415 [7416] 7417 7418 ... 11037