Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7413 7414 [7415] 7416 7417 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489523 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111210 on: October 17, 2016, 11:13:10 pm »

Good design and use of language (not just English and Japanese you dweeb) makes a pretty memorable name that should roll of the tongue fairly easily. The name Calidovi is one of the few things I'm actually proud of in life, as it flows off the tongue. If anyone says otherwise I'm leaving the forums and never coming back.

I would have kept Laptisen if it didn't remind me of trying to be cool on the internet at age 11.
I have no idea how Calidovi is pronounced, but in my chainsaw accent it's still rather nice.
Not sure why you got rid of Laptisen. It's not like everyone here hasn't at some point tried to be cool on the internet at 11.
Except I think I joined at 13-14, so, huge difference.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111211 on: October 18, 2016, 12:25:07 am »

Add me to the group thinking itisnotlogical is more memorable. Every time I read it I imagine a tiny professor shouting it at the top of his lungs in exasperation.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111212 on: October 18, 2016, 12:42:22 am »

Eh.
I made my original nickname, KotMroku1 when I was like, 6. The 1 at the end wasn't even required. The name itself means Cat of Darkness, I guess. Now I use either Cyrylic (I get harrased by Russians all the time though. You would be suprised how much they don't enjoy Poles using Cyrylic, especially if you consider that it was like their main wet dream for past 400 years or so) version of it, regular Kot (so... Cat), BattulBruvaCat  or rarely Anotherdwarf. When I want to be sneaky i use notyou, but don't tell anyone.

So, yeah, if someone here ever thought that your nickname is shit, I am here to prove you wrong.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111213 on: October 18, 2016, 12:49:06 am »

My original username is....this...one...

The real secret is that I don't even like Dragon Quest/Warrior all that much. In fact, I've only played DQ VII, and I didn't finish it (for a good reason, I got scammed out of about seven hours of progress and it killed me).

Though I don't even really see it anymore, MetalSlimeHunt is just like a sound to me now, the component words are lost to my mind. This is compounded by everybody shortening to MSH, which comes across in my mind as "Mish".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111214 on: October 18, 2016, 12:52:55 am »

I've been fortunate enough to never really need anything but this username. I enjoy not needing numbers added onto my name.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #111215 on: October 18, 2016, 01:03:18 am »

Turns out there is a local man around my age with the same name and some similar features who is well hated. A colleague saw my name somewhere and, mistaking me for him, concluded that he had a new job at our store. Apparently they told another colleague that they knew about his despicable past. Hopefully I get no bad reputation by proxy.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111216 on: October 18, 2016, 01:08:22 am »

where ADD is probably the most likely, but given that i still have periods of fairly intense focus,
I have ADHD, and... uh... Dude, that's actually a symptom, if I'm understanding you correctly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #111217 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:54 am »

No one has my username, anywhere.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111218 on: October 18, 2016, 01:21:19 am »

No one has my username, anywhere.
I have the opposite of that! Who are these random people and why do they have my nickname? I specifically tried to base it upon the most obscure book I knew when I designed it, I don't believe that so many people actually read "City and the Wind"...
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111219 on: October 18, 2016, 01:22:58 am »

I mean, if it got published...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111220 on: October 18, 2016, 01:37:05 am »

where ADD is probably the most likely, but given that i still have periods of fairly intense focus,
I have ADHD, and... uh... Dude, that's actually a symptom, if I'm understanding you correctly.
ooo diagnostic clues!

I've met a dude with ADHD though, and while i know there are different types of it, i can confirm that i'm not THAT easily distracted. :v
Still, it remains a thing i haven't ruled out completely, although honestly i'm not really suffering. It would explain a few things, for sure, but my inattentiveness (ADHD or not) is not nearly as problematic as my bowels or anxiety. Might be worth examining anyways, i s'pose.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111221 on: October 18, 2016, 02:11:45 am »

I've got ADD.

Didn't get diagnosed at first because I was doing well(ish) in school, which is usually one of the signs that a kid does not have ADD/ADHD. But what was actually going on is I find it interesting so I could focus on it and get through it pretty quick and pick up the stuff.

On the other hand, I spent 8 hours one day designing a weapon classification system non-stop, didn't eat or anything, on an iPad.

Hyperfocus is a symptom, but don't diagnose via internet. Just go to actual docs.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111222 on: October 18, 2016, 03:06:31 am »

I have ADHD, never did well in school at all, dropped out of college completely a couple weeks ago because I can't handle it.

I can get focused enough to make stupid crap like Fortbent, so yeah, that's a symptom.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111223 on: October 18, 2016, 03:14:44 am »

Hyperfocus is a symptom, but don't diagnose via internet. Just go to actual docs.
Yep, please do this dudes. :P Discussion is OK, but leaving the discussion without furthering knowledge may not really be OK at all.
Do note that while the diagnosis seems to be general, there are many specifics and classifications within such in an accommodating way, because people are unique and different, and the context is very important too. Wherein context means 'life experiences' and 'how do you think' and 'many other things not said in this post'. :P
Y'all could ask the doctors too any and ALL questions related to that.

Day 5
Minimal sleep. Approx 3 hours per day.
5th day since blargh'ing on working on the thesis.
Midterm exams start tomorrow--Wednesday until Saturday.
I feel strangely calm today despite weathering hunger, and the beginnings of another typhoon that will hit our area more directly than the last one.
But I am unsure how tiredness feels other than my limbs feeling heavy. o_O
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:16:16 am by Tiruin »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111224 on: October 18, 2016, 03:18:19 am »

Tiru, you should probably consider getting some more sleep. Writing exams sleep deprived is pretty bad, and getting more sleep than that will help you focus and work.

You probably already know that, but nonetheless.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7413 7414 [7415] 7416 7417 ... 11037