Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7409 7410 [7411] 7412 7413 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491071 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111150 on: October 17, 2016, 11:46:59 am »

I'm not sure that having a gender identity is a mental disorder.[...]
It is not a mental disorder to have a gender identity. :P
That wording makes it silly.
It was intended that way, if that matters.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111151 on: October 17, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »

Somehow, my keyboard started typing only in Cyrillic characters until I uninstalled the Russian keyboard from the language menu. I don't speak Russian, and I have no idea how the keyboard got installed in the first place.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111152 on: October 17, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »

Well sorry I mentioned anything. I'm fine.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111153 on: October 17, 2016, 12:01:27 pm »

Somehow, my keyboard started typing only in Cyrillic characters until I uninstalled the Russian keyboard from the language menu. I don't speak Russian, and I have no idea how the keyboard got installed in the first place.
КЁК
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111154 on: October 17, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »

Oh goodness what is with the depersonalization being thrown around like its a mild thing :I
No, it isn't, @Sergarr.
Oh thank god. You're a life-saver. I guess it's just a minor deviation, then! Good to know.

I've seen similar things, when my keyboard started typing in "aeiou"-like letters with dots all over the place instead of Russian. Though that was actually caused by some encoding issues.
._.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111155 on: October 17, 2016, 12:05:16 pm »

Well sorry I mentioned anything. I'm fine.
I'm not saying anything against you or what you said. :I It's more me being ":I" at the idea being used mildly or casually when there are better and more appropriate terms, because those terms back there may give you the wrong impression of yourself that way.
I feel passive-aggressive'd at. >_<

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #111156 on: October 17, 2016, 12:08:15 pm »

Soooo depersonalisation is classified as a disorder. I did genuinely think it was one of those weird sensations people get sometimes but do not ever bring up.

Great, now I'm obese and not right in the temples...
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111157 on: October 17, 2016, 12:09:46 pm »

Soooo depersonalisation is classified as a disorder.

Great, now I'm obese and not right in the temples...
It is, but it's also a term.
Do not use it lightly. :I (or if you feel like using it, don't use it like a label)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111158 on: October 17, 2016, 12:11:17 pm »

Is because your keyboard is Russia clay now

Welcome new comrade
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111159 on: October 17, 2016, 12:14:07 pm »

Ukrainians don't speak Russian either.
Russia doesn't give a shit.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111160 on: October 17, 2016, 12:14:26 pm »

Tiruin, you cannot seriously hope to control the terminology people use and the circumstances under which they do so. That's "doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results." Which is also called insanity. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111161 on: October 17, 2016, 12:18:22 pm »

that doesnt mean you cant ask people to be careful what words they use :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111162 on: October 17, 2016, 12:18:38 pm »

Tiruin, you cannot seriously hope to control the terminology people use and the circumstances under which they do so. That's "doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results." Which is also called insanity. :P
Oh you. I will just be all :I now in good humor. :P
And yes, while I can't do that, I'm just really concerned if they do so (but that leaves the responsibility on them fully, but still :< ).

Edit: Miauw :D

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111163 on: October 17, 2016, 12:22:23 pm »

Windows 10 has this button in the taskbar that switches between keyboard layouts. Clicking it when it's wrong remedies the problem, uninstalling the layouts you don't use fixes it, as you did.

Soooo depersonalisation is classified as a disorder. I did genuinely think it was one of those weird sensations people get sometimes but do not ever bring up.
Technically, it's a symptom of a disorder, not one in its own right. Since mental disorders are diagnosed based on the number of symptoms, one isolated feeling of depersonalization isn't dissociative identity disorder, just like a short bout of sadness isn't depression.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111164 on: October 17, 2016, 12:27:13 pm »

So. The 5th of November is the Day of Clowns in the Swedish city of Nyköping, when lots of clowns gather in a clown parade and celebration of a famous, passed away clown. Due to the recent Honkening events (yes, they've spread to Sweden too), they decided that inviting to a "clown parade" would be in bad taste this year and thus to change the name from Clown Day to The Great Children's Party.

Because that is not at all even more troubling.
What happened here ._.?

Assholes dressing up as clowns and threatening/scaring people is currently trending.

Or, depending on how you see it, the last battle for middle earth has begun, and Sauron is really into clown fashion.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7409 7410 [7411] 7412 7413 ... 11037