Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7397 7398 [7399] 7400 7401 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494586 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110970 on: October 14, 2016, 10:47:23 am »

it is impossible to find a

like google isn't any help, it doesn't seem to get what i'm looking for.
Why not have it commissioned?
by who? V:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110971 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:51 am »

By the local robot dick dildosmith, of course.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110972 on: October 14, 2016, 11:23:44 am »

Could always build it yourself, too. They do accept custom jobs for stuff like that, though. If you can't find something online (and a quick check says you probably can), it's likely a local shop of appropriate nature would have someone they can get you in contact with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110973 on: October 14, 2016, 01:33:36 pm »

http://www.gq.com/story/inside-federal-bureau-of-way-too-many-guns 

I did not expect, that gun lobby can be so stronk.  ???
that's ridiculous. F the NRA.
Welcome the USA, where old people block SocSec reform until the system collapses, foreign states buy politicians, and commercialized murder has a stronger political voice than the people killed by it.

If you ever wonder why politicians don't seek reform in this industry or that, the answer probably lies in their list of top contributors.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110974 on: October 14, 2016, 01:37:36 pm »

piss is considering trying to get laid again.

took a 5year break, darn near.  i dont miss it mentally, and in fact the whole processes is a lot of work for minimal payof, but im still a male after all.  ive been seeing a coworker with teasing hips and too much attitude.  which is just my speed.  or was.

:|

halp, if i try that means trying to be normal and even networkinf again
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110975 on: October 14, 2016, 01:53:52 pm »

Slightly late response, but:
May be it is selflearning -snip-?
That would be an actually legitimately difficult problem, because 1) it first needs to be able to do, well, things, which rapidly increases the engineering costs, and 2) in order to learn to be "better", it needs to have some feedback on what is "better" and what is "worse", which would mean that you have to also equip it with a variety of sensors or connect it to an already pre-existing sensor network, and then somehow convert that raw sensor data into a single "goodness" number, which is a really difficult problem that would require a specialized knowledge engineer with good grasp on the subject to spend quite some time configuring the learning process.

One can appreciate the difficulty of all those things by noticing that humans, with their highly versatile and mobile bodies, high-powered mental processor and a good insider grasp on the problem of distinguishing between "positive" and "negative" feedbacks, can still occasionally fail to perform acceptably.
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110976 on: October 14, 2016, 02:31:58 pm »

I guess you could approximate "better" by direct user feedback after the experience. Design a form which needs to be filled out each time user has a session, use the form responses (probably on an integer scale) as features. It would work like ass, given that we have a whole bunch of response variables, but we might design a set of feedback questions for each response variable, and leg it from there.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110977 on: October 14, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »

I guess you could approximate "better" by direct user feedback after the experience. Design a form which needs to be filled out each time user has a session, use the form responses (probably on an integer scale) as features. It would work like ass, given that we have a whole bunch of response variables, but we might design a set of feedback questions for each response variable, and leg it from there.
Hence the "specialized knowledge engineer with subject knowledge" part. It's actually pretty difficult to do this right, since with learning machines, "bigger" (in a sense of adding more response variables) is not necessarily better, culling the irrelevant stuff often vastly improves the learner's performance, since it stops mistaking accidental statistical flukes for real dependencies.
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110978 on: October 14, 2016, 03:45:17 pm »

Today I learned of the Mandela effect.
What the fuck.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:48:03 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #110979 on: October 14, 2016, 03:47:47 pm »

Today I learned of Mandela effect.
What the fuck.

stay woke

berenstein bears = stein = jews

the NWO is real

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110980 on: October 14, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »

HOUSESTEIN, WE'VE HAD A PROBLEM.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110981 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:28 pm »

Hence the "specialized knowledge engineer with subject knowledge" part. It's actually pretty difficult to do this right, since with learning machines, "bigger" (in a sense of adding more response variables) is not necessarily better, culling the irrelevant stuff often vastly improves the learner's performance, since it stops mistaking accidental statistical flukes for real dependencies.

I've thought about this and I guess I haven't expressed myself correctly in the first place. Our response variable is "user enjoyment", whether given directly, inferred using some kind of biometric sensor, or calculated from a weighted questionnaire - and our features are things like "length", "thickness", "vibration intensity", "bump arrangement" (probably actually a bunch of binary features of the form "bump_at_(x,y)=(0,1)", or onehot-encoded preset arrangements) and so on. We are building the shiny, hi-tech shapeshifting robot dick of the future, after all.
And with this approach, we can't really reduce the feature vector too much since then it wouldn't be the shiny and high-tech, right? If we're only modifying, say, intensity of vibration, then we're useless because the user could have gotten the same result by just turning a dial until comfortable, right?

Sorry if the previous post was a little all over the place, I had a bit of a brain fart there.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110982 on: October 14, 2016, 03:58:22 pm »

I'm sorry, I just can't not meta-WTF over the fact that this discussion is even occurring.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110983 on: October 14, 2016, 04:02:16 pm »

I'm sorry, I just can't not meta-WTF over the fact that this discussion is even occurring.
Hey, I can stop if this is too lewd. I tried to be as detached and technical as possible, but, well.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110984 on: October 14, 2016, 04:03:10 pm »

No, no, it's just, I cannot believe my eyes
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7397 7398 [7399] 7400 7401 ... 11037