Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7390 7391 [7392] 7393 7394 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449682 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110865 on: October 11, 2016, 08:43:01 pm »

I draw things with pencils. Usually they are funny, but sometimes there are trees and things.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110866 on: October 11, 2016, 08:55:45 pm »

Displaying a random piece of anything and saying "There, solve it" is not interesting and, in my opinion, not art. I just turned a mug on my desk upside-down and called it "The Death of Diana Ross". Figure that one out.
The upside down mug is the perversion of order. Though Diana Ross still lives, the inverted mug invokes her death through the clear connection to the minor arcana of cups. Imagine existence beneath the mug: closed off, sweltering, dark, and confusing. The very vision of death, but not just death of the body, the tortuous life-in-death of the Ancient Mariner. This is the fundamental experience of Ross, who attained fame yet still was discriminated against for her skin color and wished dead by many, utterly unable to avoid the living death of a reality mired in racism.

The body lives on, but the spirit is caught, ground by the careless systems of our civilization in pain and death. Horrifying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #110867 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »

Gex wasn't the pinnacle, he was the cusp. Were you witness to gex's cusping?
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110868 on: October 11, 2016, 11:03:45 pm »

I certainly probably wasn't.
I recall vaguely at a friend's house maybe with some wierd zombies you could only kill by finding and stomping their heads.
Was that Gex?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110869 on: October 11, 2016, 11:23:31 pm »

Well, if it had a lizard that was better dressed than you and had several magnitudes more play, it was probably gex. Otherwise, not gex.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #110870 on: October 11, 2016, 11:28:13 pm »

4 are terrible
fite me

Well okay, it is rather terrible to play, but it's actually different and is full of interesting ideas. All HoMM after it were just trying to emulate 3 without really changing anything fundamental :-\
The ideas were nice, I guess, I just didn't like the faction units all that much. Same problem with 7. I don't want to jump on the Ubisoft Hate train or anything, but... NWC was doing a pretty good job :P

I never played the campaigns, or the original Might & Magic series, so I'm probably stupid to judge, but I do think there's a lot of potential in the game that they aren't achieving by remaking 3, and doing a terrible job of it. Also, I don't get why they keep making less factions. That's my primary problem with 7.  And 6.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:03:33 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110871 on: October 12, 2016, 02:02:19 am »

Displaying a random piece of anything and saying "There, solve it" is not interesting and, in my opinion, not art. I just turned a mug on my desk upside-down and called it "The Death of Diana Ross". Figure that one out.
The upside down mug is the perversion of order. Though Diana Ross still lives, the inverted mug invokes her death through the clear connection to the minor arcana of cups. Imagine existence beneath the mug: closed off, sweltering, dark, and confusing. The very vision of death, but not just death of the body, the tortuous life-in-death of the Ancient Mariner. This is the fundamental experience of Ross, who attained fame yet still was discriminated against for her skin color and wished dead by many, utterly unable to avoid the living death of a reality mired in racism.

The body lives on, but the spirit is caught, ground by the careless systems of our civilization in pain and death. Horrifying.

Truly, the art is in the interpretation, and not the object.
Love, scriver~

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #110872 on: October 12, 2016, 02:38:43 am »

^ this comment.
Art is simple to explain.
Its imagination expressed through any medium.
What other people think of art doesnt matter to the art itself.
"Any artist that trys to get viewers to find a meaning in shit art are deluded themselves"
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110873 on: October 12, 2016, 03:01:11 am »

3D0 was doing a pretty good job :P
A pretty common mistake here: 3D0 was just a publisher from M&M 6 and on. A very bad publisher, who bankrupted due to being financially bad, and constantly pushed their developers to make new games as fast as possible. New World Computing (or NWC) and Jon Van Caneghhem as its leader is who you should be praising. Sadly, when 3D0 bankrupted, they took NWC with them, which is why we currently have Ubisoft holding the franchise.

Also, I don't get why they keep making less factions. That's my primary problem with 7.  And 6.
Because 1) they're lazy as fck, 2) modern 3D models are usually outsourced nowadays and are thus under strict accounting, and 3) it makes for really easy DLCs that everyone will buy regardless.
._.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110874 on: October 12, 2016, 03:05:42 am »

3D0 was doing a pretty good job :P
A pretty common mistake here: 3D0 was just a publisher from M&M 6 and on. A very bad publisher, who bankrupted due to being financially bad, and constantly pushed their developers to make new games as fast as possible. New World Computing (or NWC) and Jon Van Caneghhem as its leader is who you should be praising. Sadly, when 3D0 bankrupted, they took NWC with them, which is why we currently have Ubisoft holding the franchise.
Ah. Corrected.
Also, I don't get why they keep making less factions. That's my primary problem with 7.  And 6.
Because 1) they're lazy as fck, 2) modern 3D models are usually outsourced nowadays and are thus under strict accounting, and 3) it makes for really easy DLCs that everyone will buy regardless.
1) ugh dammit game devs 2) dammit other things 3)fuuuck

Y'know, I've been thinking of making a game similar to HoMM, but focusing more on the exploration element, and playing as a travelling nomad, where you don't have a castle, and the game is spent travelling from place to place.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110875 on: October 12, 2016, 03:16:20 am »

Y'know, I've been thinking of making a game similar to HoMM, but focusing more on the exploration element, and playing as a travelling nomad, where you don't have a castle, and the game is spent travelling from place to place.
I've actually seen a couple of maps that worked sorta like that, RPG style.

In other news, I've tried to superimpose/fuse my other-gendered mental image over my physical self, and as a result I'm feeling pretty weird. Now I'm trying to find a way to turn it back off. Currently failing to do that! Fuuuuck.
._.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110876 on: October 12, 2016, 03:27:02 am »

I've actually seen a couple of maps that worked sorta like that, RPG style.

In other news, I've tried to superimpose/fuse my other-gendered mental image over my physical self, and as a result I'm feeling pretty weird. Now I'm trying to find a way to turn it back off. Currently failing to do that! Fuuuuck.
Oh, neat. Yeah, the idea would be that you got units largely from camps, and you could level them up a la Disciples (except the units would be in groups, you'd just level them up in groups), and maybe survival? Probs not though. And then you just had to navigate to a certain point before

Obviously the only solution here is to permanently become the other gender through force of sheer will :P
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110877 on: October 12, 2016, 04:43:05 am »

The search engine has it in for me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110878 on: October 12, 2016, 05:47:05 am »

Oh, neat. Yeah, the idea would be that you got units largely from camps, and you could level them up a la Disciples (except the units would be in groups, you'd just level them up in groups), and maybe survival? Probs not though. And then you just had to navigate to a certain point before
Interestingly enough, WoG 3.58 has units that level up in groups. Sadly you don't really get to choose how they level up, but it's certainly a thing that I've saw being a thing.
Obviously the only solution here is to permanently become the other gender through force of sheer will :P
Nah, I've already got this. Waited until my "force of sheer will" ability went off the cooldown, and fixed that weird feeling. Now I'm back to barely feeling anything at all! How joyful... wait, not "joyful". What's the opposite of that?
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110879 on: October 12, 2016, 06:32:36 am »

Damn I look sexy in these boots.
The rest of me actually looks okay for a change, too. WTF. Maybe I'm hallucinating.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7390 7391 [7392] 7393 7394 ... 11040