Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7386 7387 [7388] 7389 7390 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442656 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110805 on: October 11, 2016, 04:00:38 am »

I always forget that they made Might and Magic real time after V. Then again, I've spent the last year trying to maintain enthusiasm to finish I, so maybe that isn't so odd.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110807 on: October 11, 2016, 04:30:59 am »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spacebeagles/butt-sniffin-pugs
I read it and I was instantly hooked, and then...

"Projected Relase 2018"

Why....? WHY? WHHHYYYYYYYY?!

I need pugs now!
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110808 on: October 11, 2016, 04:50:59 am »

I find myself in a weird spot

Currently the Supergirl show is written almost exactly the way they would write Superman, right down to using several of his villains and even genderswapped versions of his characters.

I'd complain but currently we aren't getting any Superman... Or at least right now we are getting dark and gritty Jesus Horseman of the Apoc Superman.

So I'll take what I can get.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110809 on: October 11, 2016, 05:32:54 am »

So I just did something dumb.
I was half listening to something playing on my computer, having a bit of a think about the future, running on the spot, enjoying how slippery my socks are. Closed my eyes to focus on what I was thinking of.
Next thing I know I just walked headfirst into a concrete wall.
I think I'm going to have a bruise. But honestly that was so stupid that I deserve it. 

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110810 on: October 11, 2016, 06:16:42 am »

Game wise, might consider one of the newer ones? Or age of wonders or somethin'. Something from the disciples series, mebbe. Always had a fit trying to play homm3, m'self -- almost every aspect of the design felt oddly unpleasant and simultaneously enticing. Really wanted to play it and enjoy it, and there was a lot about it that was attractive, but it just never quite clicked.

Ultimately was only ever to really get sunk in when I was cheating pretty gratuitously, heh. Rumbled through most of the campaigns doing that but could barely manage to get through one or two stages without it. Not even because of difficulty or anything, was just the design kinda' grinding away at me, for reasons I can't quite recall.
I never tried any of the disciples games so I have no idea what those are like. Though I didn't really have the sort of issues you mentioned with HoMM3, if anything and I had to try and put it into words I guess... I'd say it always felt like I should be doing more on a given turn? It just felt like the individual options turn to turn were very limited and it kept making me feel like I was missing something. Maybe I was? If I wasn't then I guess that was it.
If you haven't played HoMM 3 before, then there's indeed a very high chance that you've missed the main time-wasting gameplay mechanic. Namely, chaining - you can form a chain of heroes and, through clever positioning and strategic rapid exchange of troops between them, radically multiply your exploration and breakthrough speed.

It was so prominent that it was explicitly removed in HoMM 4 as being counter-intuitive and unrealistic, and re-added in the following games because nostalgia, I guess.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110811 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:51 am »

Disciples always felt to me like a more western ogre battle that lets you actualy control what your units do in battle. Good games overall, but the lack of feeling of progresson killed it for me. I mean, I get it, I can't take the team of cheesed leveled up creatures I put together in the last mission, but c'mom, I can't even take a single one of them? At all? Even age of wonders allowed me to pay to take some experienced high level units and heroes to new missions with me, and HoMM let me take my leveled heroes through campaign missions (IIRC).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:14:50 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110812 on: October 11, 2016, 08:47:52 am »

In other news, the creepy clown epidemic is starting to go international. The end is nigh. *squeak*
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110813 on: October 11, 2016, 08:50:36 am »

In other news, the creepy clown epidemic is starting to go international. The end is nigh. *squeak*
"The penalty for possessing an article of disguise is up to two years' imprisonment" What.

I mean, even knowing that maximums really don't have that much to do with anything, that that is even a crime is kinda weird. :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110814 on: October 11, 2016, 08:51:49 am »

Great, here's some people I can actualy punch on the street and then claim self defence :v

Cometh, clownies.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #110815 on: October 11, 2016, 09:06:17 am »

Great, here's some people I can actualy punch on the street and then claim self defence :v

Cometh, clownies.

clown assaults on the rise could your circus be next

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110816 on: October 11, 2016, 09:22:37 am »

"The penalty for possessing an article of disguise is up to two years' imprisonment" What.

I mean, even knowing that maximums really don't have that much to do with anything, that that is even a crime is kinda weird. :v

No freedom is too great to give up to put an end to the Honkening.
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110817 on: October 11, 2016, 09:33:36 am »

At bus station, talking to probably homeless man because I'm waiting for the bus.
Had one of the best conversations about postmodernism that I've ever had.

If I see that hobo again, I'm going to have a lot of prying questions.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #110818 on: October 11, 2016, 11:19:34 am »

At bus station, talking to probably homeless man because I'm waiting for the bus.
Had one of the best conversations about postmodernism that I've ever had.

If I see that hobo again, I'm going to have a lot of prying questions.
I'm not even surprised.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110819 on: October 11, 2016, 12:14:01 pm »

wat

Ah yes, the ARGUEBARGLE side of the youtube is still going hard.
Pages: 1 ... 7386 7387 [7388] 7389 7390 ... 11040