Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7385 7386 [7387] 7388 7389 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439629 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110790 on: October 10, 2016, 10:39:05 pm »

No Caroline, you are the sudoku.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110791 on: October 10, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »

The other day, I actually felt nostalgic for a time when things were objectively shittier and less convenient than they are now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110792 on: October 10, 2016, 10:49:21 pm »

Why can't they just make it regular PG? I can't imagine emoji s being particularly offensive.
No, no, some are definitely PG-13+ territory. People have been making emoticon dicks for longer than the internet has had pictures.

In other wtf news, this post marks the point I teach this device's dictionary the word "dicks". Sooner or later this bloody thing will properly autocorrect vulgarity, but it's been a long and annoying process and it ain't there yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110793 on: October 10, 2016, 10:58:29 pm »

My autocorrect is a bastard, it refuses to actually add anything to the dictionary.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110794 on: October 10, 2016, 11:27:53 pm »

I just ignore it and do my own spellchecking.

@Caroline:Bad autocorrect.  :o
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110795 on: October 10, 2016, 11:32:31 pm »

Eh, I mostly do that on the main computer, but for all I'm slowly getting more used to this touchscreen keyboard thing, autocorrect still makes typing notably faster. Plus I haven't bothered to figure out how to turn it off, so it's either teach the thing or have to constantly be fighting with autocorrupt, instead of just occasionally.
Ask not!
Ask!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110796 on: October 10, 2016, 11:45:31 pm »

I use Swiftkey's autocorrect for words with apostrophes.  That's about it.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110797 on: October 11, 2016, 12:29:22 am »

So while deciding to pull myself off of wizardry 7 for a bit I thought I'd poke one of the heroes of might and magic games for a bit, so I played some of 3. And I can't get this weird little feeling that I'd LIKE to play something like it, but... Not quite exactly it at the moment. But I have no idea what it is that I'm feeling like... Other than that I think I'd like something maybe a bit like it...?

Also I'm feeling weirdly aware of myself right now and it's like I'm suddenly way too aware that I have one eye, or where my tongue is, or if I'm inhaling or exhaling, or when I accidentally bump into my own chest... Just... What?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110798 on: October 11, 2016, 12:38:59 am »

I got stuck at "accidentally bump into my own chest" and briefly wondered how the fuck it could be possible to collide with your own torso, but then realized you probably meant your breasts. So that was a good chuckle.

Don't worry, sometimes I can't get comfortable because no matter what I do my balls are getting pinched in an uncomfortable or even painful manner. Especially when sitting in class or in public, where it would be socially unacceptable to play with my junk.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110799 on: October 11, 2016, 12:42:10 am »

Game wise, might consider one of the newer ones? Or age of wonders or somethin'. Something from the disciples series, mebbe. Always had a fit trying to play homm3, m'self -- almost every aspect of the design felt oddly unpleasant and simultaneously enticing. Really wanted to play it and enjoy it, and there was a lot about it that was attractive, but it just never quite clicked.

Ultimately was only ever to really get sunk in when I was cheating pretty gratuitously, heh. Rumbled through most of the campaigns doing that but could barely manage to get through one or two stages without it. Not even because of difficulty or anything, was just the design kinda' grinding away at me, for reasons I can't quite recall.
Ask not!
Ask!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110800 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:42 am »

I got stuck at "accidentally bump into my own chest" and briefly wondered how the fuck it could be possible to collide with your own torso, but then realized you probably meant your breasts. So that was a good chuckle.

Yeah that's what I meant. For some reason getting comfortable right now feels very strange.

Game wise, might consider one of the newer ones? Or age of wonders or somethin'. Something from the disciples series, mebbe. Always had a fit trying to play homm3, m'self -- almost every aspect of the design felt oddly unpleasant and simultaneously enticing. Really wanted to play it and enjoy it, and there was a lot about it that was attractive, but it just never quite clicked.

Ultimately was only ever to really get sunk in when I was cheating pretty gratuitously, heh. Rumbled through most of the campaigns doing that but could barely manage to get through one or two stages without it. Not even because of difficulty or anything, was just the design kinda' grinding away at me, for reasons I can't quite recall.
I never tried any of the disciples games so I have no idea what those are like. Though I didn't really have the sort of issues you mentioned with HoMM3, if anything and I had to try and put it into words I guess... I'd say it always felt like I should be doing more on a given turn? It just felt like the individual options turn to turn were very limited and it kept making me feel like I was missing something. Maybe I was? If I wasn't then I guess that was it.

I do have some of the age of wonders games, I haven't gone back to try the first one in a while but I remember something bugging the hell out of me about Shadow magic. And well... 3 was weird because on one hand I'd enjoy it but on the other, the more I'd play it the more samey different setups felt and that really drained from things... So dunno about that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110801 on: October 11, 2016, 12:54:38 am »

At some point on my slide towards inevitable death, I appear to have begun to like children. Weird, man. Also apparently I'm good with kids? Weirder, man.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110802 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57:24 am »

Children always seem to like me, which is very weird being that I don't like them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110803 on: October 11, 2016, 01:29:41 am »

So while deciding to pull myself off of wizardry 7 for a bit I thought I'd poke one of the heroes of might and magic games for a bit, so I played some of 3. And I can't get this weird little feeling that I'd LIKE to play something like it, but... Not quite exactly it at the moment. But I have no idea what it is that I'm feeling like... Other than that I think I'd like something maybe a bit like it...?

Also I'm feeling weirdly aware of myself right now and it's like I'm suddenly way too aware that I have one eye, or where my tongue is, or if I'm inhaling or exhaling, or when I accidentally bump into my own chest... Just... What?
I grew up on Disciples 2 myself. D3 was a little... Wonky. I heard they made a better version though. At any rate, it's got that "like HoMM3 but not" thing going on, at least in my opinion.

edit: ah, already discussed. they're on steam tho! D2 is my favourite and my vote if you're gonna try one :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110804 on: October 11, 2016, 01:33:58 am »

I had Might and Magic 6 growing up, which is a lot closer to Wizardry than Heroes of Might and Magic is :P  Though I got them confused a lot, because the general enemy types and style were pretty similar.  S'just one is a TBS, the other's real-time-with-pausing party-based RPG.

I didn't play a lot of Disciples but it seemed heavily inspired by HoMM, but with that neat terrain-terraforming mechanic.  And various neat things about the combat.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7385 7386 [7387] 7388 7389 ... 11040