Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7371 7372 [7373] 7374 7375 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436663 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110580 on: October 06, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »

And one dumbass who wants the Monarchy abolished because the Queen appoints our Governor General, who apparently rules Canada with an iron fist and dictates our laws, so we need to rise up so that we can become a country.

Another person posted an agreement reply saying that all other Commonwealth countries should be isolated, as the sooner other countries die the more powerful Canada becomes.

What kind of Highlander shit are these people on about?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110581 on: October 06, 2016, 09:34:18 pm »

... what even counts as the head in those cases? Head of state? Some number of miles from the northernmost region? Highest mountain? What do you have to cut off to quicken geography?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110582 on: October 06, 2016, 09:39:25 pm »

Indeed. This is what we call a "win/win", so long as you don't have to clean up the mess.

And you usually don't, even if they decide to play for a while.

I once found the bottom half of a mouse stuck to the kitchen windowsill by its guts, and various other body parts. I was also regularly woken up in the early hours of he morning by one cat playing with its captures :o

Most memorable other than that was a mouse's head in the middle of the living room carpet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110583 on: October 06, 2016, 09:43:50 pm »

Huh. Never really had that problem, myself. Might have come from generally taking in strays? Even the cats we did keep inside most/all of the time didn't tend to do that sort of stuff, or at least cleaned up after themselves.

Have had more of that from outside cats, actually. Bits of various animals decorate the porch to varying degrees from time to time, when it was quite rare for inside cats. Usually momma cats doing the teachy-thing but *shrugs*

E: Well, them and dogs in general. There was one point we ended up with a cat's litter spread across most of the living room floor. That dog was given away pretty quickly. Not its fault, really, but... yeah.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:46:15 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110584 on: October 06, 2016, 09:46:50 pm »

... what even counts as the head in those cases? Head of state? Some number of miles from the northernmost region? Highest mountain? What do you have to cut off to quicken geography?

We'd probably elect either the moose with the biggest antlers or the biggest, angriest goose.

Or just have the Prime Minister pull double-duty as Head of State, I dunno.

It's not like the Queen or her family has any real effect on us, except for annoying the abolitionists. Getting rid of the Monarchy would wreak Hell on us though. The Constitution would need to be rewritten at the minimum, and that's not something you can change easily. Plus I imagine the other Commonwealth countries wouldn't be happy with us, and I see no reason to completely cut ties with allied countries.

And we don't have the power to render a country isolated, let alone an entire commonwealth. I don't even know how to respond to these people.

Though I'm sure Abolition would make the Quebec independence movement ecstatic. Which is an additional reason to keep the Monarchy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:49:12 pm by BlackFlyme »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110585 on: October 06, 2016, 09:50:22 pm »

If all else fails, explode in a ball of fiery rage and rain down upon the landscape. Always a good last resort, especially if you get actual fire involved.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110586 on: October 06, 2016, 09:55:12 pm »

Huh. Never really had that problem, myself. Might have come from generally taking in strays? Even the cats we did keep inside most/all of the time didn't tend to do that sort of stuff, or at least cleaned up after themselves.

Have had more of that from outside cats, actually. Bits of various animals decorate the porch to varying degrees from time to time, when it was quite rare for inside cats. Usually momma cats doing the teachy-thing but *shrugs*

E: Well, them and dogs in general. There was one point we ended up with a cat's litter spread across most of the living room floor. That dog was given away pretty quickly. Not its fault, really, but... yeah.

That particular cat quite literally just decided it was living in our house now. Cool cat despite that, and the other nonsense.

Had another cat that brought in all manner of things, the highlights of which were a bunny and a frog. The nearest river was quite a distance away, at least for a cat that was a few months older than a kitten, so the frog was a massive surprise!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110587 on: October 06, 2016, 10:41:29 pm »

Is it plausible to have a lever action shotgun with like 16-20 rounds in the chamber.  and to use it relatively effectively, oc.

The only practical type of magazine for a lever action is the tubular sort you see on Winchesters and pump shotguns, because trying to put a magazine in the bottom of the weapon (as normal) would interfere with operating the action, while a high-capacity magazine for a shotgun would be too long to be practical if mounted in the side (would bang on everything) or top (would making it nearly impossible to aim (yes, shotguns need aiming - anyone who tells you otherwise is either a moron or a liar) the thing because it would block the sights). A tubular magazine of the length you'd need would make for a very long gun, so the only feasible way to do it would be to have multiple tubes (you could get an 8-round tube in a full-sized weapon, so two would get you to 16), but this is a rather bulky option and requires a fairly long barrel.

Pump action with a box mag would work if you want a manually actuated high-cap shotgun, and there are semi-automatic ones like the Saiga, but getting 20 rounds in one requires a drum magazine instead of a stick due to the sheer size of a shotgun shell - the 10-round version is bigger than a 30-round AK magazine.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #110588 on: October 06, 2016, 11:08:09 pm »

And one dumbass who wants the Monarchy abolished because the Queen appoints our Governor General, who apparently rules Canada with an iron fist and dictates our laws, so we need to rise up so that we can become a country.
Canada could do as Finland did in 1917 and wait for the parent country to have a revolution, then use the confusion to murder the governor general and nonchalantly ask the parent country's (new) leader to sign the declaration of independence. Somehow, that worked. Probably because the body count was already in the millions and the Emperor didn't want a war of independence on top of it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110589 on: October 06, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »

my first time with a shotgun at the range i kept aiming for the nipples but kept hitting the nads.  especially from the hip.  better now tho
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110590 on: October 06, 2016, 11:19:43 pm »

Canada could do as Finland did in 1917 and wait for the parent country to have a revolution, then use the confusion to murder the governor general and nonchalantly ask the parent country's (new) leader to sign the declaration of independence. Somehow, that worked. Probably because the body count was already in the millions and the Emperor didn't want a war of independence on top of it.

Given that the Queen's authority is non-existent, we don't really need to overthrow anything. All the Governor General does is represent the Queen, so they have even less power than she does.

It's all purely ceremonial, I'm just confused as to what weird alternate dimension these guys crawled out of.

Also, we got independence a long time ago. And unlike other countries, we got it just by asking.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110591 on: October 06, 2016, 11:37:33 pm »

I recall seeing a shotgun with what was essentially a revolver cylinder of four tube magazines. Wasn't lever-action, though. Ran out in the first, clicked it over to the second manually, continued firing, &c. Seemed to actually work smoothly for what looked and sounded like a really bad gimmick.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110592 on: October 07, 2016, 12:16:48 am »

Yeah, some old man was showing it on youtube. Definitely an interesting design.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110593 on: October 07, 2016, 12:21:37 am »

>Old man
You need more hickok45 in your life.
Or Ian, but he's not exactly old.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110594 on: October 07, 2016, 01:50:11 am »

Has anyone liked a media like say... Westerns...

But a single element that is horrible keeps popping up making you hate that one thing more and more over time until you can just go on and on and on about how much you don't like it to the point where you could fill an entire movie worth if dislike?
Pages: 1 ... 7371 7372 [7373] 7374 7375 ... 11040