Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7369 7370 [7371] 7372 7373 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438575 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110550 on: October 06, 2016, 02:58:06 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_combatant

B. The following shall likewise be treated as prisoners of war under the present Convention:

1. Persons belonging, or having belonged, to the armed forces of the occupied country...

Does this mean that I, formerly of the Oosnavi, qualifies to be a POW if as a civilian I am taken in by the 'Belligerents' of whoever claims this ashheap of a country?

This sounds like its granting this invading force the right to round up former soldiers for security purposes...
I don't think so. I think it means that if you join a partisan unit and are captured, you have the rights of a regular POW, instead of an unlawful combatant.

Your link states as much.

That being said, if you get invaded dont get surprised if your invader pulls sheanigans.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110551 on: October 06, 2016, 02:58:35 pm »

It also implies pretty heavily that I would be doing myself and my country a disservice by not taking up arms in the service or a militia.

Or at least thats what I get from reading a wiki page.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110552 on: October 06, 2016, 03:43:40 pm »

The Cubs might win the World Series this year. Most years, I'd say "nah, they'll find some way to lose".

But this is 2016, The Destroyear of Worlds.
On the final inning a home run will be struck, opening the gravitational rift that will consume the universe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110553 on: October 06, 2016, 04:01:41 pm »

It also implies pretty heavily that I would be doing myself and my country a disservice by not taking up arms in the service or a militia.

Or at least thats what I get from reading a wiki page.
I don't think so. The Geneva Conventions are supposed to set a common basis for humanitarian treatment of POWs and the civilian population. The underlying principle is to prevent abuses rather than encourage them.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110554 on: October 06, 2016, 04:20:37 pm »

The Cubs might win the World Series this year. Most years, I'd say "nah, they'll find some way to lose".

On the final inning a home run will be struck, opening the gravitational rift that will consume the universe.
It will be awful.

I've already had one rival team of my team end a ridiculously long streak of abject failure this year, I'd quite like to avoid seeing it happen again, man...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110555 on: October 06, 2016, 05:13:24 pm »

Extremely pissed off at work. Someone bought 3 boxes of donuts for the production crew, and they were brought in an hour before lunch. They closed the break room door to prevent people from grabbing them. At least two people did, and by the time lunch break was called, one box was in the trash, and there were no more left by the time I went for one. Worse, some asshole closed both remaining boxes to make it look like there were more left, taking such effort to do so that with have been a lot easier to just toss the boxes in the trash. I'm not even mad about not getting a donut, I'm mad that everyone has a complete disregard for not only their own jobs(they were sneaking into the break room when they were supposed to be working), but also other people. And of course, my reaction to all this almost got me fired, and my manager's attempt to talk me down from this was nothing but him rattling off how people go around stealing stuff all the time because he's a fucking idiot.

Also WTF-worthy: Chrome's spellcheck lists "donuts" as a correct word, but "donut" is not.

It will be awful.

I've already had one rival team of my team end a ridiculously long streak of abject failure this year, I'd quite like to avoid seeing it happen again, man...
Don't many apocalypse theories and satanic contracts work along a timeline involving "when the Cubs win the World Series"?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110556 on: October 06, 2016, 05:17:29 pm »

I imagine American ones do, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110557 on: October 06, 2016, 05:43:59 pm »

Forgot to mention something else that happened immediately after. The doors leading out of the production area onto the sales floor are partially obstructed. They're using a crate on the floor to hold some books or something for sale, and it's blocking that few inches of the door area. While it's entirely possible to go in and out, someone who is not immediately aware of the crate(like myself being extremely pissed off) is likely to be hit when the door hits the crate and comes swinging back towards their face. It almost hit me, and when I jumped back to avoid it, my pants leg got caught on something and ripped. Fortunately, it's a seam tear, easily fixable, but damned if I'm going to spend my evening trying to thread a needle for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110558 on: October 06, 2016, 05:52:13 pm »

There was an Ottoman Empire the last time the Cubs won the world series. There were still Habsburgs ruling Austria, the Model T hadn't yet started production, Ernest Shackleton was on his way to the South Pole, there were no radio broadcasters anywhere, and Panama was still a part of Colombia. Who knows what'll happen if they win it now.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110559 on: October 06, 2016, 05:53:56 pm »

Trump.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110560 on: October 06, 2016, 05:58:55 pm »

Trump is here.
Trump is love
Trump - is life

Did you thank Trump a fresh new day was here yet?
Have you accepted Trump into your life?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110561 on: October 06, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »

I just burped into my hand and now my hand smells like burp. >:(
So.. what does this.. burp of yours smell like?
It sure didn't smell like the food I ate most recently. Just an intense, generic, unpleasant burp-smell. Bleh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110562 on: October 06, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »

You need to eat more sugary foods.

whats alaways entertaining is when you burp the flavor of pizza you ate 4 days ago back into you mouth
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110563 on: October 06, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »

Supposed to be a debate in my Canada & the World politics class on whether or not Canada should abolish the Monarchy.

Some responses are barely answers, let alone proper sentences with spelling and grammar. Most are just "I agree". Literally pyramids like this:

Quote from: Another Person
Quote from: Other Person
Quote from: Person
thign,
i agree with person
agree with ohter Persn.

And one dumbass who wants the Monarchy abolished because the Queen appoints our Governor General, who apparently rules Canada with an iron fist and dictates our laws, so we need to rise up so that we can become a country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110564 on: October 06, 2016, 06:42:07 pm »

So the idea is to destroy one caste in order to usher in another?

Stick with the aristocracy and blend in the merit.  Classics never go wrong.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 7369 7370 [7371] 7372 7373 ... 11040