Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7329 7330 [7331] 7332 7333 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485186 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109950 on: September 28, 2016, 03:56:39 pm »

Butlerfield 1.

I want to play a game where a whole load of old butlers go to war against one another
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109951 on: September 28, 2016, 04:03:23 pm »

I see that Kot forgot we don't use certain terms...
I am so confused.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109952 on: September 28, 2016, 04:03:59 pm »

Butlerfield 1.

I want to play a game where a whole load of old butlers go to war against one another

-"You! You savages!! That is a decanter for port! Where were you raised?!"
-"This is a Bourgogne decanter, and you can plainly see it from how the stopper has been cut! Call yourself a butler, you second rate batman? You wouldn't recognise a dessert fork if you sat on it!"
-"Oh, that is it! You have insulted my honour and I demand satisfaction! En garde!"
-"Tell those revolting parvenus you work for that their burgers will be late, poltroon!"

*Clashing umbrellas*

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109953 on: September 28, 2016, 04:20:07 pm »

K E K
E X E
K E K
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109954 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:59 pm »

I am so confused.
I literally had no idea what happened and why and if I didin't bother to check all my recent post I wouldn't even remember I slipped up a tiny bit. Eh, I get it that for some reason it seems to be Toady's trigger word or something, but semantic drift is a thing. I mean, if not for it, we would never have any second thoughts about the phrase "Deutschland is happy and gay".

Also, I recall that people used it from time to time before because that's what just happens and I jokingly refused to do so because I claimed that it's verboten, but holy shit it actually is. Either someone is following me and reporting my every questionable word or Toady is just sitting here and waiting for me to make another mistake.

Like shit, if at least I actually wanted to insult someone, it would be meaningful, this way it feels like getting punished for basically no reason. Oh well.
K K K
K K K
K K K
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #109955 on: September 28, 2016, 04:31:18 pm »

I was yawning and stretching in my car but stopped when I looked at my rear-view mirror when I saw this freaky looking hand about to grab me. Of course it was my own hand LOL.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109956 on: September 28, 2016, 04:32:22 pm »

Is it a word to do with black people?

Because I've used it before with impunity. In my opinion it can only help desensitise people if the word is used more often in non-racist contexts, which it often is.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109957 on: September 28, 2016, 04:35:11 pm »

It was a word to do with cheap poor and new guys going around on foot while I crush them with my cavalry charges.

:V
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109958 on: September 28, 2016, 04:36:25 pm »

Ehhhhhm is it something a Roman senator would call the roiling masses?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109959 on: September 28, 2016, 04:38:48 pm »

It was a term used often for gay folks, in a derogatory sense, with the word 'poor' in front of it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109960 on: September 28, 2016, 04:40:09 pm »

"often"
I have basically never seen it used to actually mean that someone is gay. Like seriously. :V

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109961 on: September 28, 2016, 04:42:47 pm »

Actually, it is the shortened form of the term often used against gay people.

4chan popularized-and at this point, for most of its members erased any meaning it had-the term alongside any number of descriptions for it. As I still find it fairly vulgar and honestly a little too offensive because blah de blah soft hearted ninny bluuhhh, I'll not use it here. Examples, however, replacing said word with 'friend':

Drawfriend.
Writefriend.
Spritefriend.
Etc.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109962 on: September 28, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »

"often"
I have basically never seen it used to actually mean that someone is gay. Like seriously. :V

'cause it's not an otherwise oft used derogatory term for gay folks. Oner the guidelines is not to use bigoted language, min.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109963 on: September 28, 2016, 04:43:55 pm »

For some reason, every few weeks, every single coworker seems to forget how to do their job. They're screwing up even basic stuff, stuff that the have been repeatedly told how to do. Even the managers are screwing up hard. Apparently, I keep missing out on the store-wide employee paint-huffing party.

And what's worse, I seem to be the one fixing most of the mess that results. It's really starting to piss me off, since this isn't the first time I feel like I've had to deal with this crap.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109964 on: September 28, 2016, 04:48:34 pm »

If I am on the same page, it is also a term for cigarettes, at least in British-English. I used it while offering a cigarette to a man I didn't quite know, who I believe was American, and rather misunderstood. He was quite upset, until he saw what I meant.

It's a funny word, and I'm probably better off for avoiding it. Plus, I prefer the '-friend' terms.
Pages: 1 ... 7329 7330 [7331] 7332 7333 ... 11037