Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7317 7318 [7319] 7320 7321 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481044 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109770 on: September 26, 2016, 03:26:18 pm »

Here

That reminds me, I saw a T-shirt the other day with a picture of an angry-looking Link with the caption "Call me Zelda one more time". Clever.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109771 on: September 26, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »

I didn't even real8ze kek originated from WoW.

So yeah, we're probably stuck with it.
Personally, I'm all o_O at all of this. It's like, it seems to 'normalized' for a person--yet from an outsider's perspective, it's merely cultural (or at least language-cultural...my wording is messy :I). Language-cultural because of how many 'catchy' things seem so common in the primary language that it seems so pervasive. :P

It may stick here, but personally (because yaaaay bilingual :V), it's...humorous to see this happen, really.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109772 on: September 26, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »

:-\
Whelp now I know that gravity is just a superfluid gravy that vacuum cleans everything together at speeds of 200m/s.
Link?
Here's the real one, it's Retsupurae mocking a kickstarter about yeah... fluid gravity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjBXf2-hek
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109773 on: September 26, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »

Goddamn it, I've tried every fix I can find for getting Gothic 1 to work, and all I get is a black screen, along with an access violation error. Every discussion on Steam about this same problem is just responded to with links to other discussions which link to the fixes already tried, with little indication that any of those fixes actually worked.

Is this game even worth it? Or should I just refund it and play Gothic 2 and 3?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109774 on: September 26, 2016, 03:57:08 pm »

Here

That reminds me, I saw a T-shirt the other day with a picture of an angry-looking Link with the caption "Call me Zelda one more time". Clever.
I think that's designed by Scott Ramsoomair, AKA the VG Cats guy.

http://sharkrobot.com/products/call-me-zelda-one-more-time
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109775 on: September 26, 2016, 04:01:11 pm »

When I was a younger lad I subscribed to the whole, 'be an asshole through your shirt' fad, but I am back to not quite getting the appeal of wearing this generation's equivalent of the '86 motorhead tour teeshirt.

Or the '92 Bumkin' derby, with a quaint picture of a faedhorse throwing a rhinestone cowboy off it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109776 on: September 26, 2016, 04:16:50 pm »

Here

I think that's designed by Scott Ramsoomair, AKA the VG Cats guy.

http://sharkrobot.com/products/call-me-zelda-one-more-time

I can't remember if that was the exact shirt image. It was a shirt I saw at work, though, and if it hasn't been sold yet I'll probably see it tomorrow. There was a couple of similarly-themed shirts that were with it.

EDIT: Oh, I figured out what the hell went wrong trying to play Gothic. I forgot I had restarted my PC trying to get all those fixes installed, and forgot that I still have that problem where I have to re-install my graphics drivers every time I start my PC. Too bad the mods used disable the scaling of the videos.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:30:45 pm by Akura »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109777 on: September 26, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »

Had to draw a model in Traditional Arts today. I couldn't model. It must be nerve-wracking to be in a room full of people you don't know drawing you.

I was nervous just trying to draw her. It got worse when I accidentally locked eyes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109778 on: September 26, 2016, 04:43:35 pm »

Was this a nude model?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109779 on: September 26, 2016, 04:48:33 pm »

It was even if it wasn't, MSH. That's how these things work.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109780 on: September 26, 2016, 04:50:55 pm »

That's true. A good portion of art has just been a cult dedicated to being allowed to draw naked people under any possible justification for centuries now.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109781 on: September 26, 2016, 04:54:45 pm »

Was this a nude model?

The first ever model I ever had to draw, and it was a lewd.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109782 on: September 26, 2016, 04:59:53 pm »

Does it make you feel good, forcing failing students to publicly humiliate themselves in exchange for extra credit in the brutal world of art degrees?

jk she's probably a mild exhibitionist or something
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #109783 on: September 26, 2016, 05:01:00 pm »

I remember some art students talking me into being one actually. Though in the end no drawing got done.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109784 on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:20 pm »

So they convinced you to get naked in public and then didn't even draw pictures as you were told they would?
Did you call your attorney?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7317 7318 [7319] 7320 7321 ... 11037