Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7312 7313 [7314] 7315 7316 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478493 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109695 on: September 24, 2016, 10:33:39 am »

Re: simpler times: People want to return to their childhood.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109696 on: September 24, 2016, 11:13:00 am »

And in the last few moments of its life, the lizard was taught a lesson most futile and empty: Don't loiter where cats do. Shame it didn't get a chance to learn the lesson, being eaten and all.

It might actually have got away if there had been only one cat. Unfortunately for it, I used plural in the above for a reason.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #109697 on: September 24, 2016, 10:54:20 pm »

And in the last few moments of its life, the lizard was taught a lesson most futile and empty: Don't loiter where cats do. Shame it didn't get a chance to learn the lesson, being eaten and all.

It might actually have got away if there had been only one cat. Unfortunately for it, I used plural in the above for a reason.

Cats eat lizards?

I always thought they preferred birds and rodents.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109698 on: September 24, 2016, 10:59:25 pm »

Cats eat or kill pretty much anything that bleeds/is smaller than them, if they feel like it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109699 on: September 24, 2016, 11:00:32 pm »

Cats always ate the skinks (tiny lizards with detachable tales, like salamanders) at my first home and my uh... my home in Raleigh.
Would that technically be fourth or fifth, I wonder?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109700 on: September 24, 2016, 11:10:01 pm »

Cats eat or kill pretty much anything that bleeds/is smaller than them, if they feel like it.
Eeeyup. Porch cats are pretty fond of moths, too. All sorts of insects, really. Anything that gets close enough to catch. If it moves and it's bigger than your average housefly but smaller than your average housecat, it better pray it's moving faster than the cats will, if it gets anywhere near the highest cat-accessible surface and one of the cats notice it. Or tastes really really bad, I guess, and the cat in question has tried to eat one before.

Mind you, that might not keep it alive, but it does make the thing less likely to be eaten.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109701 on: September 24, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »

Well to hell with moths, though!  And undomesticated mice, and small rats.
But I wish they wouldn't go after the small lizards and... uh...
dangit I can't remember the specific name.  Cute gerbil-like rodents living in the Raleigh sewers.

Not the rabbits - the rabbits were always fast enough to GTFO.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109702 on: September 24, 2016, 11:24:24 pm »

My mom seems to think she sees UFOs a lot. It's just a pair of helicopters.

Planes and Helicopters don't flash, or have lights.
Apparently it couldn't be a helicopter. They can't hover.
It's too low. Flying things can't fly low.

One weird shape for a UFO. Shaped a lot like a goddamn helicopter. Last I checked, low-flying UFOs aren't coloured black and white with 'POLICE' painted on their fucking sides.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109703 on: September 24, 2016, 11:25:49 pm »

Its a police ufo.

really, the perfect disguise for both conspiracy theorists and the police aliens.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109704 on: September 24, 2016, 11:36:59 pm »

Not the rabbits - the rabbits were always fast enough to GTFO.
Not always, though, heh. Said porch has been graced fairly voluminously by rabbit parts a time or three over the last few years. You never quite realize how much is packed into mammals until something goes through the trouble of spreading it over a number of square foot of concrete.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:45:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109705 on: September 24, 2016, 11:39:57 pm »

Why can't i talk about elder scrolls without suddenly getting all poetic and incomprehensible and shit?

Is it because "poetic and incomprehensible and shit" is the nature of the setting?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109706 on: September 24, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »

Yes
@Frumple
On the other hand, and I think I've shared this before...
My gma's place was infested with mice (and cockroaches).  And my brave, wonderful cat Luki (after Loki but female (yes I get the irony)) brought me a dead mouse once.  I pet and thanked her profusely for defending the house, as she had done for every house we'd been in.
damn, I miss her.

Anyway I looked away for a moment, responding to a Steam message.  Then heard a crunching sound, and didn't look.  Ugh, a mess I would need to clean...

There was no mess.
There was literally nothing left, except a satisfied cat working her jaw and licking her chops.
Luki, best cat o7
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109707 on: September 24, 2016, 11:52:27 pm »

I was serious, actually.  Elder scrolls lore is wonderfully poetic and incomprehensible.  The weird CHIM stuff barely effects the games, but it's there in the background.  A lot of things are there in the background, subtly influencing the lore we read in later games.

If I had to protest, I would be disappointed that the CHIM-level fluff doesn't have much noticeable effect on Oblivion and Skyrim.  At least not in a way that would PROMPT player to seek out the underlying explanations.
She/they

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109708 on: September 24, 2016, 11:54:23 pm »

Heh, I've had similar stuff happen. Was one point a straight up rat got into the house. Cat at the time charged in from another room, sideswiped the thing, and then grabbed it in her jaws and we never quite figured out where it went after, at the time. Damn thing was near the size of the cat herself, too.

But yeah, then there's the times they're either playing or trying to teach kittens. Those times can get messy. The mess does usually get got rid of within a day or two if just kinda' nudged out of the way, but, well. Florida weather. Often you don't get a day or two before something needs to be done and leaving it up to nature is no longer much of an option.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109709 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:32 am »

We fortunately didn't have to deal with rats.  Surprised we didn't, in Raleigh, guess the tyrannid-esque mass of roaches (as in, I often woke up with them on my skin.  On the second floor) ate their intended meals.  Mice got by just fine, though.

In case I haven't told the story yet...
My brave Luki woke us up one night, gma and me.  Yowling like a bobcat possessed.  Such a growl...  I went downstairs, met gma, and we found Luki staring down this plush, white, extra-long-haired, pitiful housecat.
Luki was growling as a cat does: *eerily* still, mouth open, a low yowwwwwwwwl steadily filling the entire house.  The poor target looked at us beseechingly.  Whatever they was doing prior to our arrival, they threw themself on our mercy immediately.  I think I saw a change as they noticed me.

I picked that poor fluffy cat up and set them outside, and it was purring as I did.  But not as much as Luki purred as I went back to her.  Hehe, needy little bitch... damn I miss her.

I remember when my brother and I briefly adopted a stray cat at our 4th home.  She didn't attack him, but she made her opinion clear.
Basically, as a stray, she hated other cats more than any other animal.  She was a bit insecure, our Luki, though she shouldn't have been.

...I took her to die, to end her pain, and she did so in my arms...
She lived a long life, and for most of it I was with her.  Loving her.  I'm most sorry for that bit around the middle, where I had to leave until I took her back.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:14:22 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 7312 7313 [7314] 7315 7316 ... 11037