Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7309 7310 [7311] 7312 7313 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14477086 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109650 on: September 23, 2016, 01:14:56 pm »

The past is a terrible place.  I'd have pretty much zero chance of becoming immortal there.
Who would want to be immortal anyway? You'd see your family die, your friends leave, your projects failing.

Pffffffft. Just kidding. Immortality would be great.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109651 on: September 23, 2016, 01:20:22 pm »

youd get over all that.  honestly, what an emo concept, that your family, your so, your job, your palty 20 years of work amounting to nothing.

as if we dont move from one pet to another, from one lover to another.  blase stoicism seems more likely than soulrending agony
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109652 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:36 pm »

The past is a terrible place.  I'd have pretty much zero chance of becoming immortal there.

I mean, that's pretty much the case in our own time period as well, so I wouldn't say you're missing much. You probably have better chances at abstract immortality in an unlikely time travel scenario if you've absorbed enough knowledge to actually invent something before it's supposed to exist.

You're forgetting a little thing called The Great Depression happening there too. And of course, that's assuming your presence does not derail history.

Well, that's the 30s, isn't it? You can save up supplies through the whole 1920s for that!

Really, I'd be more worried about tuberculosis. Shit was nasty back then.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:23:16 pm by Harry Baldman »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109653 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:50 pm »

What if someone told Hitler that everyone was about to attack Omaha Beach? What if someone protected Lenin by killing Stalin? What if someone shot that bomber out of the skies over Hiroshima? I'd rather not have time travel, unless it just transported them to an alternate universe.

Though, if it were me, I'd just go back to last month with all of the winning numbers.

I'd definitely love immortality, though. Just to have a chance to see what the future holds in regards to science, and to be able to contribute to those sciences myself would be amazing.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109654 on: September 23, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

I mean, that's pretty much the case in our own time period as well, so I wouldn't say you're missing much. You probably have better chance at abstract immortality if you've absorbed enough knowledge to actually invent something before it's supposed to exist.

You're forgetting a little thing called The Great Depression happening there too. And of course, that's assuming your presence does not derail history.

Well, that's the 30s, isn't it? You can save up supplies through the whole 1920s for that!

Really, I'd be more worried about tuberculosis. Shit was nasty back then.
Let's not forget polio. Smallpox as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109655 on: September 23, 2016, 01:27:03 pm »

Hey, you weren't around for smallpox, you don't know what it's like. Maybe smallpox gave people superpowers and inner enlightenment so THE MAN had to develop a vaccine to KILL our POTENTIAL. Then they wrote up some lies afterwards and the whole world sucked it up and thought smallpox was a horrible disease.

MAN.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109656 on: September 23, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »

Damn them.

I want me some smallpox, and I want it now!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109657 on: September 23, 2016, 01:29:34 pm »

Sadly, thanks to the antivaxxer movement I'm only mostly sure that you're joking.

If people can write books about how great the measles are then nothing is safe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109658 on: September 23, 2016, 01:30:17 pm »

Don't worry too much about immortality. You've already got your immortal soul, unless you have done something very silly indeed with it. It's not quite the same thing as eternal life in a magic computer, but it's something. You'll be around to see it, for good and ill, but in a round-about way, I wager.

But in reguard of re-locating to a different historical era, the baby boomer experience would be a decent bet, wouldn't it? On the whole, they got the future on a silver platter. With a pinch of luck, that could go pretty well indeed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109659 on: September 23, 2016, 01:34:53 pm »

What if someone told Hitler that everyone was about to attack Omaha Beach?
Nazis actually had some knowledge of the Overlord in advance, they just didin't belive it, since invasion in Calais seemed much more proable.
What if someone protected Lenin by killing Stalin?
Then you'd have Leo Trotsky invading Europe with shitty Sovietpoor tanks and glorious Poland defending the civilized world from barbarian hordes. As usual.
What if someone shot that bomber out of the skies over Hiroshima?
Nagasaki.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #109660 on: September 23, 2016, 01:37:23 pm »

Last night I had a dream about someone pissing me off super bad for reason that I do not remember, and woke up right as I was about to punch them in the face so immediately sat up and slammed my fist into the corner of my nightstand before I was lucid. And only just found the bruise and broken skin on my knuckle from that. Was extra WTF because it took me like 5 minutes of thinking before I remembered what I had done.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109661 on: September 23, 2016, 01:39:34 pm »

I once had the reverse of that. I punched the cinderblock wall next to my dorm bed and injured my hand, then went back to sleep. When I woke up there was no wound, so I guess it was a dream? Felt a lot of feedback compared to normal dream punching...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109662 on: September 23, 2016, 01:42:37 pm »

Don't worry too much about immortality. You've already got your immortal soul, unless you have done something very silly indeed with it. It's not quite the same thing as eternal life in a magic computer, but it's something. You'll be around to see it, for good and ill, but in a round-about way, I wager.

But in reguard of re-locating to a different historical era, the baby boomer experience would be a decent bet, wouldn't it? On the whole, they got the future on a silver platter. With a pinch of luck, that could go pretty well indeed.

Mate, my eternal soul is the ghost within the machine.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109663 on: September 23, 2016, 01:52:55 pm »

Mate, my eternal soul is the ghost within the machine.

Well, true. What is a man but a miserable little pile etc very complicated little machine in a big, complicated universe machine, after all? Now this all 'ere is right an' proper proc-gen, guv.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109664 on: September 23, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »

Nah I sold that a while back
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7309 7310 [7311] 7312 7313 ... 11037