Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7296 7297 [7298] 7299 7300 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471882 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109455 on: September 20, 2016, 04:46:35 am »

In spite of Steam's greed and lack in some areas, they've historically been very concerned about doing things to make people believe their review system is legitimate. I doubt that company will ever do business with them again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109456 on: September 20, 2016, 04:48:20 am »

In spite of Steam's greed and lack in some areas, they've historically been very concerned about doing things to make people believe their review system is legitimate. I doubt that company will ever do business with them again.

You would think so but that company has many so many subsidiaries (sometimes outright pretending to be other companies... though possibly by accident) that it would be impossible for Steam to catch them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109457 on: September 20, 2016, 04:54:15 am »

What company is this, exactly? Are they big time?

Still, I'm not sure you can do that. I'm pretty certain being the subsidiary or shell of another company is one of those things you cannot lie about without giving your legal team a heart attack, even if you aren't upfront about it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109458 on: September 20, 2016, 04:56:17 am »

What company is this, exactly? Are they big time?

Still, I'm not sure you can do that. I'm pretty certain being the subsidiary or shell of another company is one of those things you cannot lie about without giving your legal team a heart attack, even if you aren't upfront about it.

Digital Homicide.

As for "cannot lie about" that is only if they are caught.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109459 on: September 20, 2016, 04:58:55 am »

Perhaps an article of some sort will help?

EDIT: I took a look at the games DH is selling. They all look awful, some aren't even games, most are the same exact game with slightly different graphics, and they all look awful.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:03:06 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109460 on: September 20, 2016, 05:05:27 am »

Basically this thing is a threat either for attention, to harass people, or to get money out of them.

"I am going to sue you unless you pay me money"
"Well 100 bucks is worth far more then going to court for even a second or for you to post my identity online"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109461 on: September 20, 2016, 05:11:59 am »

Digital Homicide's temper tantrum has actually exploded hard enough to get on BBC News:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37407051

The dude's actions are completely nonsensical if very loud, he's chosen the shittiest hill to die on and by god he's letting the world know about it. Hopefully everyone, legal systems included, realize that this man is just a very noisy nothing and we can all agree to ignore him.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109462 on: September 20, 2016, 05:14:13 am »

This company is like the pinnacle of people posting a self-effacing article titled "We Filed a Lawsuit Against X. Here's why.".
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109463 on: September 20, 2016, 05:21:48 am »

Yes dang you Steam! How dare you not give developers the tools to police their own games!

Except... you know... the ability to ban people from your forums... and get reviews removed...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109464 on: September 20, 2016, 05:38:52 am »

In addition to ads before(and sometimes during) a video, Youtube now makes you do a survey sometimes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109465 on: September 20, 2016, 05:43:31 am »

In addition to ads before(and sometimes during) a video, Youtube now makes you do a survey sometimes.

It has done that for a LONG time...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #109466 on: September 20, 2016, 06:07:53 am »

Digital Homicide's temper tantrum has actually exploded hard enough to get on BBC News:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37407051

The dude's actions are completely nonsensical if very loud, he's chosen the shittiest hill to die on and by god he's letting the world know about it. Hopefully everyone, legal systems included, realize that this man is just a very noisy nothing and we can all agree to ignore him.
I actually followed Kotaku's link to the company response - turns out it's on the company's own site - and...

Wow, I actually made a better looking website in middle school IT. Not even hyperbole.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109467 on: September 20, 2016, 06:34:59 am »

Jimmy is at it again
What a top lad

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109468 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:27 am »

It occurred to me today, why do todays bedroom tier feminists worship Frida Kahlo?

She was like, the exact opposite of what a feminist would like to be, having depended on men during her whole life and had as much autonomy as a well trained lapdog. Sure, she had lots of extramarital affairs (including one with Leon Trostsky, which makes me very glad nobody tried to film it, because goddamn, that sounds worse than the human centipede), but on direct permission of Rivera, who actualy chose her partners. She had this very odd sadomasochist open relationship thing going on with Rivera, and she was always the submissive one :U

Which to me doesnt seem like the most feminist thing ever? :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109469 on: September 20, 2016, 07:51:29 am »

Well Feminist =/= strong and independent.

As well any feminist who would decry "submissiveness" as a negative quality would immediately get on my "List of people who don't know what they are talking about" list... In fact erase feminist and make that anyone... It is just this stupid cookie cutter stuff.

As for why they would like this person... Without knowing the person... It could be something they did, say, some imagined idea of what they are like... or maybe they are a victim who pulled themselves together (or didn't... some people just like tragic figures). Or it could be undue importance shoved onto them.

I dunno... I guess I should do some research and find out.
Pages: 1 ... 7296 7297 [7298] 7299 7300 ... 11037