Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7272 7273 [7274] 7275 7276 ... 10992

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13506747 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109095 on: September 10, 2016, 01:57:34 am »

I didn't say doxing can't be life ruining. I said MOBA politics are petty, that stating someone's name won't ruin someone's life, and that someone shouting "triggered" on the internet won't do that either.

Nobodies life is getting ruined over this event.

I suppose we can wait and see what happens to Icefrog regardless.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:00:30 am by alexandertnt »
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109096 on: September 10, 2016, 02:02:50 am »

If Meph1 and I were feuding over something or another, and he posted publicly to his fandom that he has integrity and in the process called me "Putnam (realname)", you wouldn't say that's an attempt to cause problems?

Also, that's... pretty damn consequentialist.

EDIT: Not to mention that Richard Lewis is publically known as an asshole (and was banned from /r/leagueoflegends) for doing exactly that.

1The only person here who both has, like, any fandom (i.e. people who sing praises at all) to speak of and knows my real name, so the only good example I have
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:09:55 am by Putnam »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109097 on: September 10, 2016, 02:11:06 am »

If Meph (the only person here who knows my real name AFAIK) and I were feuding over something or another, and he posted publicly to his fandom that he has integrity and in the process called me "Putnam (realname)", you wouldn't say that's an attempt to cause problems?

Also, that's... pretty damn consequentialist.

Not really, I never said that other person wasn't trying to cause problems. A petty and ineffectual attempt at causing someone problems isn't really going to interest a whole lot of people. That's probably why some people "give you shit" (if you can call it that), because they don't see it the same way you do.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109098 on: September 10, 2016, 02:21:43 am »

Them being in a position of authority to possibly millions of teenagers doesn't matter? Leafy's ruined people with his petty bullshit, and its ineffectuality is practically a tautology (if it weren't ineffectual, it'd probably have been bigger anyway).

EDIT: actually i would whine about leafy more if that weren't also petty, that due near single-handedly makes my youtube comments even more of a shitshow than you'd expect merely by existing

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109099 on: September 10, 2016, 02:37:16 am »

Authority to confirm someone's name?

You eat your own head

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109100 on: September 10, 2016, 02:51:43 am »

While simultaneously calling him a liar? Context??​??

Did you ever actually look at the post I linked, or are you basing it all off of what I said? Because it's important context that I've repeatedly said has been blatantly ignored and, wow wow wee wow, continues to be.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:56:17 am by Putnam »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109101 on: September 10, 2016, 03:01:52 am »

Did you ever actually look at the post I linked, or are you basing it all off of what I said?

The Reddit link you posted ages ago?

You eat your own head

saigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109102 on: September 10, 2016, 03:11:36 am »

Maybe this isn't worth arguing about.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109103 on: September 10, 2016, 03:17:28 am »

Did you ever actually look at the post I linked, or are you basing it all off of what I said?

The Reddit link you posted ages ago?

Yes, this, where Tryndamere says he'll "post the reality" of it, that the Pendragon hate is based on "falsehoods", that he's tried not to "throw others under the bus" (which he then proceeds to do), then continues to imply that Icefrog is a liar and charlatan for the rest of the post while using his real name, that one, which is the context I'm referring to.

Maybe this isn't worth arguing about.

Maybe if peoples' only argument wasn't "why do you even care" I wouldn't be so mad?? Especially since my reasoning becomes clear upon taking even a modicum of actual effort into arguing instead of trying to go "you're freaking out over nothing and the things you care about are meaningless"??

Read that link. Actually read it. It's pretty clear he's trying to use his personal army to throw IF under the bus. They're not biting, so it's ineffectual, but that doesn't make it not completely horrible.

And stop trying to deescalate with stuff like that, it's the reason I am not happy right now, because when you say it's "not worth arguing about" or similar you're essentially saying it's not worth talking about, when I pretty fucking clearly don't think so. It just adds something else to argue against.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:23:59 am by Putnam »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109104 on: September 10, 2016, 03:30:21 am »

Riot Games is like Africa. I'm not really in the power to massacre their entire management team, so I don't really have anything else to say.

Like, I don't really see what else we can discuss more than "fuck him"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:32:30 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #109105 on: September 10, 2016, 03:49:20 am »

The problem is everyone knows riot games management is shit at best, staffed with completely awful people at worst. Beating the dead horse doesn't amount to much.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109106 on: September 10, 2016, 03:51:13 am »

I guess it's novel to see somebody getting genuinely angry over something bad which most people tend to take for granted these days.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109107 on: September 10, 2016, 04:30:05 am »

apparently "it's not that bad quit whining"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109108 on: September 10, 2016, 04:55:46 am »

I guess it's novel to see somebody getting genuinely angry over something bad which most people tend to take for granted these days.

apparently "it's not that bad quit whining"

The primary issue seems to be that Putnam wants this issue to be treated in a serious manner and/or for their opinions on Riot Asshole's (can't bother to remember how to type it) doxxing of IceFrog to be treated seriously, which is reasonable. People aren't caring about said issue for reasons of that I don't know but are likely along the lines of either over exposure to shittiness causing apathy, lack of empathy for the related parties, lack of emotional energy to care, not thinking that the actions occurred are reaction worthy, something else, or a combination of the previous, which is also reasonable.

Basically Putnam said "Look at this shittiness and how shitty this person is!" and received a response of "And??"

Gunner-chan and Cheeetar said what I said but shorter. If there are actions that you can recommend that people do in response to this Putnam, you'd likely get a different response. If you did suggest things to do, then I can't really suggest anything else.

My WTF is that instead of sleeping, I rewrote this three times.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109109 on: September 10, 2016, 05:01:04 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7272 7273 [7274] 7275 7276 ... 10992