Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7268 7269 [7270] 7271 7272 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476843 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109035 on: September 08, 2016, 10:44:31 am »

Even better example: syrup water vs. pure syrup, or juice vs. juice concentrate. I guess something like zest vs. eating a lemon peel as well.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109036 on: September 08, 2016, 10:49:40 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109037 on: September 08, 2016, 10:52:31 am »

Maybe I'm being obtuse here but what's the big deal with /datum and why is it amazing that someone just simply assigned it as their client's parent?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109038 on: September 08, 2016, 11:00:49 am »

Lemons are actually alright. I couldn't eat a lot of them, but the aftertaste is pleasant if you can survive the initial sourness.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109039 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:08 am »

One lemon is my limit. I once ate one like an orange, and by the end it was getting unpleasant.

And the after taste is the best bit
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109040 on: September 08, 2016, 11:07:58 am »

Maybe I'm being obtuse here but what's the big deal with /datum and why is it amazing that someone just simply assigned it as their client's parent?
datum is the supertype for literally everything in byond

except clients

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109041 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:40 pm »

Today I learned it takes about three and a half hours of near constant whistling before my throat starts to (mildly, but still) cramp.

I don't think I was fully cognizant those things could cramp.

But now I know, and my throat muscles feel a bit sore.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109042 on: September 08, 2016, 12:54:21 pm »

Frumple confirmed for creepy street whistler.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109043 on: September 08, 2016, 12:59:38 pm »

If I had been whistling on florida streets for three and a half hours, I wouldn't have a cramped throat, my corpse would be in the morgue.

Driving a fair bit today, was all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109044 on: September 08, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »

F.lux helps a lot with the reading, heh. Or an equivalent if you've got a tablet... I've actually been doing most of my reading these days on kindle (browser or otherwise net obtained, of course, cause I ain't payin' for books when I've several lifetimes and growing worth of stuff that's free). Decent contrast on the text also helps rather substantially (darkling's a decent example, save the actual typing box). The generally default black on white is complete and utter shit for prolonged reading, tbh.

Though a lot of things try to fix it by just inverting... it's better (significantly so), but ideally there's basically no white on your screen, and few bright colors in general. You want contrast, but not glare. I like a light-ish grey on a dark background myself. Usually something like a dark blue rather than a straight black. Much easier to read, heh.
Eh, I use f.lux. My issues aren't with any of that, really, although I don't think using a computer screen right before bed will ever be good for me. It's also the distractions, and something I can't really put my finger on. I really like reading paper books, web pages just don't do it for me.

Have you tried an ereader?  Not a tablet, but an ereader with an eInk screen that is only built for reading.  It's very much like reading on paper for me.  I download ebooks and fanfiction into Calibre then export it to my ereader, and it's very nice to have my library in my pocket.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109045 on: September 08, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »

Show I was watching didn't seem to know that Child Labor isn't illegal in the United States and Canada...

It is regulated.

Kind of a big difference.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109046 on: September 08, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »

No, its much more effective to use bogeymen than be realistic.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

saigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109047 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »

But once you reach Legendary Fighter and Weapon user, bogeymen stop being a threat, but real things like freezing rivers and crossbows are still deadly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109048 on: September 08, 2016, 07:29:06 pm »

And children, it turns out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109049 on: September 08, 2016, 08:27:19 pm »

But once you reach Legendary Fighter and Weapon user, bogeymen stop being a threat, but real things like freezing rivers and crossbows are still deadly.

No, do you know what's funny? I had to remove ki blasts from the DBZ mod because, like crossbows, they are equally deadly to everyone, regardless of attributes or skill level. I have units that can, by their own strength, punch someone flying 30 meters away that get sucker-shot from behind in the head and die immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 7268 7269 [7270] 7271 7272 ... 11037