Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7265 7266 [7267] 7268 7269 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474578 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108990 on: September 07, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »

Tried to load up Cossacks: European Wars: Back to War due to a previously posted meme that made me want to play it again, but it has some compatibility issues with Windows 7(that only get worse the higher the version you go).

And Cossacks 3 launches in nearly another 2 weeks. :'(
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108991 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »

Air CHina is facing heavy criticism in the UK for being racist.

This is their travel advice for London:
"London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistani, and / or black people. We advise tourists not to go out alone at night, and females always to be accompanied by another person when travelling."
Maybe the BLM London movement should go protest on a runway in China. I'm sure British Airways will be happy to offer them a free charter flight there.

Earlier this year, in may, China also faced heavy criticism for this washing powder commercial:
https://youtu.be/Few8kJ0zfnY

EDIT: am I a terrible person because that commercial made me laugh nearly as hard as it made me cringe?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:59:35 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108992 on: September 07, 2016, 08:04:12 pm »

The Chinese did nothing wrong

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108993 on: September 07, 2016, 08:06:28 pm »

"London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistani, and / or black people

Given Brexit... I'd just about give the same advice... Not because a Indian will attack you... but an anti-foreigner will.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108994 on: September 07, 2016, 08:09:50 pm »

I love Asian racism. I'm sure on some purely intellectual level they understand that it's offensive, but they don't have it ingrained in them on the gut level, so they wind up doing offensive stuff by accident over and over, it's so innocent, in a way.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108995 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:35 pm »

Given Brexit... I'd just about give the same advice... Not because a Indian will attack you... but an anti-foreigner will.
Tfw every time I go to harrow tens of thousands of Indian men shout UKIP LAW FOR UK and throw lemons at me until I break down and cry. Don't go to London, it is a desolate hellhole of ANTI-FOREIGNERS who want pure Indian London forever

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108996 on: September 07, 2016, 08:12:20 pm »

Not...really? There's nothing accidental about it, it's very explicit. Some of the Chinese reactions I've seen to black people rival the most cross-burning meth-addicted Mississippi backwoods towns.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108997 on: September 07, 2016, 08:14:40 pm »

Not...really? There's nothing accidental about it, it's very explicit. Some of the Chinese reactions I've seen to black people rival the most cross-burning meth-addicted Mississippi backwoods towns.

I know. I just wanted to fit in how much of a pit of misery Brexit dug up that could have justified such remarks...

If... you know... it wasn't because China is racist... and kind of insane...

BUT of course to quote another thread: China is the most diverse and culturally sensitive culture ever! I mean they have Tibetans and we all know China treats Tibet with the upmost love and care...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108998 on: September 07, 2016, 08:16:16 pm »

This is why I hate being post-jumped, everybody thinks I'm talking to them. Damn you, quote system.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108999 on: September 07, 2016, 08:17:08 pm »

For every official state visit China makes to the Netherlands (or any country for that matter), they make sure to agree first that the host country will not mention Tibet, or they cancel their visit. It's very .. sensitive, still.

Chinese state visits are about the only time that our government censors protestors. Last time the CHinese were here, there were pro-Tibetian protestors near the embassy. The police built opaque walls around them, so that the Chinese delegation would not see them.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:18:51 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #109000 on: September 07, 2016, 08:18:01 pm »

but they don't have it ingrained in them on the gut level

If someone can say this, they don't really know much about history for the whole damn region. There's a lot of ingrained racism there too.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109001 on: September 07, 2016, 08:18:29 pm »

I know. I just wanted to fit in how much of a pit of misery Brexit dug up that could have justified such remarks...
Pit of misery dug up by Brexit? Hahaha how do you justify this insanity

If... you know... it wasn't because China is racist... and kind of insane...
Now you're slinging mud at Chinese too m8, them's disappearing words

BUT of course to quote another thread: China is the most diverse and culturally sensitive culture ever! I mean they have Tibetans and we all know China treats Tibet with the upmost love and care...
All organs treated exceptionally well fam

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109002 on: September 07, 2016, 08:20:24 pm »

You know, it just clicked for me but the policy of organ harvesting in the PRC suddenly looks like a terrible idea even from a pragmatic standard. You're taking them from people with a greater likelihood of drug abuse and disease.

I wonder how well that's checked for...
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109003 on: September 07, 2016, 08:22:06 pm »

"doctor, this donor liver is .. exceptionally big.."
"Oh that just means it's extra good! Go ahead and put it in"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109004 on: September 07, 2016, 08:24:25 pm »

You know, it just clicked for me but the policy of organ harvesting in the PRC suddenly looks like a terrible idea even from a pragmatic standard. You're taking them from people with a greater likelihood of drug abuse and disease.

I wonder how well that's checked for...
Heh. I just finished World War Z the other day and this struck a chord.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7265 7266 [7267] 7268 7269 ... 11037