Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7260 7261 [7262] 7263 7264 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471977 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108915 on: September 06, 2016, 08:33:59 am »

Brasilian Olympic rider Alvaro de Miranda came home to his residence in Belgium from the Rio olympics to find that his horse, which got him 9th individual place and 5th national team's place in Rio, was guarded by a security agent, and he and his daughter are not allowed to go near it.

Apparently his wife, Athina Onassis, granddaughter of the famous Greek shipwright millionaire, decided to divorce him, and has claimed the horse as her property.

A Belgian divorce court judge will rule about the division of property of the couple's company AD horses, and will determine if the rider is allowed to see his horse again.

It is very unsure if he will be able to ride his horse at the FEI nations cup in Barcelona.

Apparently some ex-spouses fight over the children, while others fight over the horse.
Don't ride me or my horse ever again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108916 on: September 06, 2016, 09:12:06 am »

Sound like she just wants to screw with his career out of sheer pettiness. Well, assuming that a rider and a horse need a long time working together to perform at top level.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108917 on: September 06, 2016, 10:25:22 am »

It makes sense on a purely economic outlook. A world class horse that participated in an olympic game is sure to be worth lots of monies.
Its pretty terrible on an emotional level though, I mean, that is one shitty person :U
Better than one parent trying to get full possesion of the kids (without a good excuse, obviously.)
One wheel short of a wagon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108918 on: September 06, 2016, 12:54:47 pm »

Sound like she just wants to screw with his career out of sheer pettiness. Well, assuming that a rider and a horse need a long time working together to perform at top level.

I'm reasonably sure that some of the equestrian competitions (dressage) require the rider to ride a horse provided by the competition.

But I don't rightly know, since horse-riding is cruel, and it's a stupid "sport" open only to folk with too much money, so there's that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108919 on: September 06, 2016, 02:33:34 pm »

But I don't rightly know, since horse-riding is cruel, and it's a stupid "sport" open only to folk with too much money, so there's that.
Excuse me?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108920 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »

My housemates made me go WTF today. And yesterday.
Also, I somehow got drunk off a few lousy beers. What the hell? :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108921 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »

POE'S LAW, POE'S LAW, POE'S LAW.

It's not even open only to folk with too much money, I mean, right, keeping a horse does cost money, but I know people who earn jackshit and still have them. Sure, you aren't getting to top with horse that has not been bred for performance and without training since childhood, but what's the difference between that and the rest of Olympics?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108922 on: September 06, 2016, 03:12:50 pm »

It's pretty easy for farmers who have a spare field. I mean, anyone who owns a field in ENgland/US is rich compared to an African peasant, but...

Dunno about cruelty. Horses don't mind particularly, though showjumping kinda is, racing too.
One wheel short of a wagon

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108923 on: September 06, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »

Owning a horse is cheap where I live, not too long ago it was actually really hard to sell one, as nobody wanted them so you could get them for free if you could feed them. Feeding does cost something, but it is not a problem for a farmer, and not a big deal if you don't live in town.

Most horses don't mind being ridden, and some seem to enjoy it. Weird, but that's how it is.

I prefer cats :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108924 on: September 06, 2016, 04:37:48 pm »

My aunt is fairly poor all things considered and she has a half dozen horses that she rescues and then sends out to families who want to adopt them...  so yeah, WTF thread made me WTF again today.
Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108925 on: September 06, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »

Yeah. Horses aren't as storied as dogs are as far as evolution shaped by mutualism goes, but they're pretty up there in the hierarchy of creatures which mesh with people.

That's not to say that there aren't cruel aspects of the racing industry *cough*JAPAN*cough*, but the physical act of riding isn't harmful or even annoying as long as the rider is competent. And if they aren't, horses tend to be pretty effective at making their displeasure known. Same goes with on-foot harassing. It's not too hard to get broken bones, bitten-off fingers, or dead if you piss off a horse when you're near it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108926 on: September 06, 2016, 04:43:24 pm »

Most horses don't mind being ridden, and some seem to enjoy it. Weird, but that's how it is.

Horses are extremely docile when trained... So much so that people noticed that you can fall asleep on a horse and it will still be traveling when you wake up.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108927 on: September 06, 2016, 04:46:00 pm »

Horses are extremely docile when trained... So much so that people noticed that you can fall asleep on a horse and it will still be traveling when you wake up.
I'm reminded of the XKCD strip about how horses are better than cars. If you're drunk at the wheel of a car, you're likely to hit something important. If you're drunk at the reins of a horse, the horse won't walk into a tree or another horse while it hauls your drunk ass home.

Thus, if we ever get self-driving cars, the intelligence of said cars must be measured in horses.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108928 on: September 06, 2016, 04:47:34 pm »

Today's WTF.  I have the no killcams mod for Skyrim, today, whilst fighting a dragon, it executed a killbite.  This is impossible with no killcams installed.  I checked, and lo and behold, somehow Steam had uninstalled no killcams while I wasn't looking.  Problem is now resolved, but why the fuck is Steam able to uninstall workshop content that hasn't been removed from said workshop?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108929 on: September 06, 2016, 04:48:06 pm »

All day, people have been ramming things into my back. Either they're assholes doing it intentionally, or morons who need to learn to watch where they're going. All of it combined with the usual stupid bullshit(which was extra-amplified today) almost made me walk out and not look back.

I'm reminded of the XKCD strip about how horses are better than cars. If you're drunk at the wheel of a car, you're likely to hit something important. If you're drunk at the reins of a horse, the horse won't walk into a tree or another horse while it hauls your drunk ass home.

Thus, if we ever get self-driving cars, the intelligence of said cars must be measured in horses.

Why not? We already measure engine power in horses.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7260 7261 [7262] 7263 7264 ... 11037