Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7256 7257 [7258] 7259 7260 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469272 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108855 on: September 04, 2016, 07:38:55 am »

A guy over here in the Netherlands tried to kill himself by driving his car into a gas station at high speed. The pump he crashed into burst into a fireball, the gas station store collapsed after burning out, and the station roof crushed two cars, but the guy was unharmed save for a few scratches on his elbow. No one else was injured.

Comitting suicide by car becomes harder and harder, with mandatory airbags and start-interruption software that detects unfastened seatbelts.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/man-die-op-tankstation-aan-a12-reed-wilde-zelfmoord-plegen~a4370235/

Once self-driving cars become a thing, it might actually become near impossible to commit suicide through cars. You probably woudn't even be able to throw yourself into traffic, if the prediction software of every car on the road can anticipate your crazy suicide attempt and stop in time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108856 on: September 04, 2016, 07:39:59 am »

Try a few sects around minor gods in one of those religions with huge pantheons. Fortuna, for example, had a nice cult, like most Greek gods. Hinduism seems a bit less useful on this matter, surprisingly, but you could try sniffing around the Aztecs, Egyptians, Norse mythology, and just using sects.

I really like Caerus myself. It's not always that you get personification gods with that much personality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108857 on: September 04, 2016, 07:41:43 am »

You probably woudn't even be able to throw yourself into traffic, if the prediction software of every car on the road can anticipate your crazy suicide attempt and stop in time

Given that even if you slam on the breaks you still have quite a bit of momentum left... Naw.

But killing yourself by throwing yourself into traffic is a very uncommon way to commit suicide... for multiple reasons... One being that it is partially homicidal.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108858 on: September 04, 2016, 07:48:54 am »

Game of War ads are so ubiquitous that they even show up in ads for ad services.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108859 on: September 04, 2016, 09:15:07 am »

IT'S A MEME NOW.

Imagine how much better everything would be if Winged Hussars just randomly arrived all the time.

Kinda makes me want to load up Cossacks: European Wars again. Winged Hussars are an available unit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108860 on: September 04, 2016, 09:20:32 am »

Honestly surprised nobody's done one for AoEII scout spam.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108861 on: September 04, 2016, 11:21:08 am »

Centering a religion around random chance kind of goes against that, except in the sense if you're trying to turn randomness into non-randomness. At which point you're just praying to a god, and the religion is just another deity.
So what Caroline is looking for is Atheism. :P

Mild WTF: I tried looking for one, but I was not able to find a religion centered around luck or chance.

I found a couple of joke prayers for the RNG, a couple of guilds, some gods of luck that were part of a larger pantheon.

But no actual organized religions centered around the worship of chance, fortune, RNG or similar. You know, it wouldn't really be that hard. I mean, most people already have little rituals around luck (blowing on dice and similar) and often plead to some higher force when they have to take a chance,  even if they don't believe in anything. I honestly thought there'd be at least one by now.

...On the plus side, I have an idea for what to do today~
Try a few sects around minor gods in one of those religions with huge pantheons. Fortuna, for example, had a nice cult, like most Greek gods. Hinduism seems a bit less useful on this matter, surprisingly, but you could try sniffing around the Aztecs, Egyptians, Norse mythology, and just using sects.
Why would an organized religion worship luck?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108862 on: September 04, 2016, 11:41:32 am »

Honestly surprised nobody's done one for AoEII scout spam.

I should do that. The question is which hussar (since Hidden Path went and added the Huszars...).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108863 on: September 04, 2016, 11:52:33 am »

Centering a religion around random chance kind of goes against that, except in the sense if you're trying to turn randomness into non-randomness. At which point you're just praying to a god, and the religion is just another deity.
So what Caroline is looking for is Atheism. :P

Mild WTF: I tried looking for one, but I was not able to find a religion centered around luck or chance.

I found a couple of joke prayers for the RNG, a couple of guilds, some gods of luck that were part of a larger pantheon.

But no actual organized religions centered around the worship of chance, fortune, RNG or similar. You know, it wouldn't really be that hard. I mean, most people already have little rituals around luck (blowing on dice and similar) and often plead to some higher force when they have to take a chance,  even if they don't believe in anything. I honestly thought there'd be at least one by now.

...On the plus side, I have an idea for what to do today~
Why would an organized religion worship luck?
Because if they got a following, that's proof.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108864 on: September 04, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

Regular Hussars are the ones with wings (which is pretty not-historical since only Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth used Winged Hussars), while Huszars are basically the ir ancestors (And were used by Polish as mercenaries, which is where they got the whole idea and after Stephen Báthory (Prince of Transylvania) reforms we got the Winged Hussars we all know and love), though they are the ones to carry lances. Sadly, there is no Polish faction in AoEII, there are only Slavs and, per usual, Slavs means Russians.
Fucking Russians stealing all the Slav glory.

Kinda makes me want to load up Cossacks: European Wars again. Winged Hussars are an available unit.
Glorious game. There is new one coming out (IN 16 DAYS!!!) and it's apparently Cossacks: European Wars all over again, in 3D and generally speaking better. Much bigger battles (BIGGER THAN IN EUROPEAN WARS, HOW?!)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108865 on: September 04, 2016, 12:34:46 pm »

Fucking Russians stealing all the Slav glory.

I cэn't hиar ю over зe sounд of how гlorious wи are.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108866 on: September 04, 2016, 12:39:15 pm »

I honestly don't get it, Russians are not even Slavs, they're dirty Mongoloid hordes, the kind the Glorious Winged Hussars of Poland defended Europe against.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108867 on: September 04, 2016, 02:39:38 pm »

Working in Space Engineers for a contest(it was extended by the way), part of the station I've designed is a Commodities Exchange. I pulled some numbers out of my ass for the prices of various goods(some of which are made up), then I started doing the prices for manufactured components. Starting with the arbitrary price of 51.03¤ per metric ton of iron ingots(1000kg, each unit in game is 1kg thankfully), I tried to come up with the price of a metric ton(aka "tonne") of steel plates, which is used to build most blocks in the game. Each plate takes 7 units(thus 7kg) of iron ingot, so I multiply 51.03 * 7. I add a 50% markup to that. Then I divide the result by the mass of a steel plate - 20kg despite only taking 7kg of input, therefore it takes only 350kg of input to make 1000kg(1 tonne) of steel plates. And that came out to 26.80¤ per tonne of plates.

I started with ass-pulling numbers, and math came out. That's my WTF.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108868 on: September 04, 2016, 02:49:19 pm »

I honestly don't get it, Russians are not even Slavs, they're dirty Mongoloid hordes, the kind the Glorious Winged Hussars of Poland defended Europe against.
дiд I stutter
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108869 on: September 04, 2016, 03:00:40 pm »

Spoiler: A NUUUUUUUUUUUU (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7256 7257 [7258] 7259 7260 ... 11037