Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7236 7237 [7238] 7239 7240 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456323 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108555 on: August 28, 2016, 11:40:08 pm »

Nothing, if you're into saints, it's just an unfortunate choice for a US state...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #108556 on: August 28, 2016, 11:42:31 pm »

I am surprised that after the Civil war they didn't try to force all the southern states to change their flags :P

Ok I shouldn't actually bring up this here...
Abe had a democratic VP; back then, democrats were the party of southern racism.  So naturally, when Abe was assassinated his replacement derailed pretty much everything Abe's administration had planned for the post-war reconstruction.  The original plans were harsher on the former confederates and more protective towards former slaves.

Maybe there's some alternate universe out there where the southern states were forced to change their flags... as far as alt history goes its pretty plausible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108557 on: August 28, 2016, 11:43:21 pm »

Don't forget Hawaii's flag, which literally ate the UK flag.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108558 on: August 29, 2016, 12:42:36 am »

I am surprised that after the Civil war they didn't try to force all the southern states to change their flags :P

Ok I shouldn't actually bring up this here...
Abe had a democratic VP; back then, democrats were the party of southern racism.  So naturally, when Abe was assassinated his replacement derailed pretty much everything Abe's administration had planned for the post-war reconstruction.  The original plans were harsher on the former confederates and more protective towards former slaves.

Maybe there's some alternate universe out there where the southern states were forced to change their flags... as far as alt history goes its pretty plausible.
If I remember right, they may very well have tried, and succeeded in a very few cases.

Also as far as I remember, the harsher wing of Republicans going full-bore "FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" on the southerners after winning, wanting to punish them, and then petering out after just long enough to really rile up hatreds plenty fierce (Democratic president during this does not help, I'll bet, mind) and then just sorta leaving and deciding it's up to them to do whatever they want is what really fucked everything over.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108559 on: August 29, 2016, 03:51:23 am »

I understand I FINALLY understand the Dark Souls game!

In it you become a hallow or unkindled and even though you are "effectively" immortal in the games they always hint that at one point you will reach your final death and become basically a mindless creature.

Yet it was always vague as to when that would happen (It never happens in the game. It is just implied that you do not have infinite lives)

But I realize... You lose when you stop playing!

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #108560 on: August 29, 2016, 04:25:33 am »

If it took you three and a half games to figure that out I suggest you don't go quitting your day job to be an amateur detective anytime soon.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108561 on: August 29, 2016, 05:37:15 am »

If it took you three and a half games to figure that out I suggest you don't go quitting your day job to be an amateur detective anytime soon.

Stopping playing being equivalent to hollowing out completely isn't a particularly obvious link, nor necessarily even an existent one.

One of my sunday-school kids and her brother have been... rescued? Confiscated? by welfare. I knew their parents had alcohol problems, but I did not expect that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108562 on: August 29, 2016, 06:14:36 am »

I had no idea BoJack horseman was actually based off a real show. Huh.
Still need to try watching that again... wasn't in the right frame of mind the one time I started watching it in the past.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108563 on: August 29, 2016, 07:10:09 am »

Interesting story!  I hope you share a link maybe?
Knew I forgot something.

First Suspicious Blog Post (topic was "Case Studies")

Second Suspicious Blog Post (topic was "Pierre Menard, Author of Don Quixote" and "Funes, the Memorious")

Well all the posters on the first one link to other similar blogs. My bet is that it was a college psych class where they were all required to do blogs, and were also required to comment on each other's blogs. But of course they had to cite research to add to the topic rather than just saying "cool blog yay" or arguing with other posters. The class exercise is to write a blog that contains academic citations, then other class members engage with your blog and add their own material, which also has academic citations.

If you click through the posters on the first blog, you can see the same thing, with the original blogger doing similar responses to their blogs. I'm guessing similar for the second one, too. This is all written for their college professor's benefit, which is why all these people dropped their blogs after that year. Doing blogs is basically College Student 101 these days. At my college you just say "doing blogs" when they ask you what you're up to, and they all get it, and go "I feel your pain" no matter what course they are in.

EDIT: And they are probably specified a word count, too, which is why all the comments are similar length. Let me check that. Taking literally ALL the text of the first blog (heading and all), the word count is 500 words exactly. Basically this person padded the blog until they had that exact amount. So it's written to spec for a class assignment minimum. The comments where they back-and-forth are all around a 200 word minimum. There was one person who wrote a short comment, but his blog doesn't have any of the back-and-forth stuff from the others. So that fairly nails it. They were given an assignment to write a 500 word blog, then they have to comment on a minimum number of each others blogs for 200 words.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:28:56 am by Reelya »

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108564 on: August 29, 2016, 07:49:18 am »

Ah, cool. So not a product of robots then. Thanks, Reelya. I feel their pain too (though we never had mandatory blogs in college, only required posts on private discussion forums).

EDIT: Come to think of it, mandatory blogs do seem to serve a fairly valuable purpose, since the insights by these students are now distributed through Google search results. Other people could theoretically learn from these students' research.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:52:25 am by Skynet »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108565 on: August 29, 2016, 08:36:01 am »

Some of the posts are also copy-and-pasted from other pages on the internet (so lazy college students, I suppose).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108566 on: August 29, 2016, 10:53:37 am »

College students doing assignments are pretty close to robots anyway.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108567 on: August 29, 2016, 01:37:48 pm »

I think I saw what might have been an H-game while browsing the Nintendo eShop. Not that Conception II one(which isn't an H-game?), it looked like a strip blackjack/visual novel thing. Didn't buy it, the 3DS has to be held sideways apparently... and I'm not sure I had enough in my Nintendo wallet. Got Zombie Panic in Wonderland since I had just enough for that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108568 on: August 29, 2016, 01:38:16 pm »

I had a course at university where I had to keep a blog and maintain a social media presence. I hated that part of the course so much. I never liked twitter, tumblr or other similar sites but there I was posting on them all the time.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108569 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:34 pm »

I think I saw what might have been an H-game while browsing the Nintendo eShop. Not that Conception II one(which isn't an H-game?), it looked like a strip blackjack/visual novel thing. Didn't buy it, the 3DS has to be held sideways apparently... and I'm not sure I had enough in my Nintendo wallet. Got Zombie Panic in Wonderland since I had just enough for that.
Probably hard to use the 3DS with just one hand, anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7236 7237 [7238] 7239 7240 ... 11040