Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7233 7234 [7235] 7236 7237 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454658 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108510 on: August 28, 2016, 07:56:19 am »

Sometimes when Yoink says something I think I said it.

I believe my mourning period may be coming to an end for the same reasons all mourning periods do: convenience.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108511 on: August 28, 2016, 08:32:01 am »

Hey, I'm sure a few ended because whoever was being mourned turned out to not have passed. Someone or another has to have dug their way out a time or two.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108512 on: August 28, 2016, 08:42:55 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108513 on: August 28, 2016, 08:57:01 am »

I normally leave for work at 9:30 AM on the weekends to get there at 10:00, I got out of the shower at 9:44 and made it to work on time.  I bicycle to work.  I don't know how I got here that fast without breaking a sweat when I am normally drowning in body fluids if I try to sprint.
Nom nom nom

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108514 on: August 28, 2016, 09:00:01 am »

Crazy time-warp shit seems to happen when you're late for a responsibility. I actually woke up late for an exam in college once, and I swear I made a four minute mile sprinting all the way across campus.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108515 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:49 am »

I really need to sleep.

This should help. Or not.
Mmm, I needed this last week XD

Crazy time-warp shit seems to happen when you're late for a responsibility. I actually woke up late for an exam in college once, and I swear I made a four minute mile sprinting all the way across campus.
I'm addicted to this rush.  Makes me late to a lot of things >.>

Hey, I'm sure a few ended because whoever was being mourned turned out to not have passed. Someone or another has to have dug their way out a time or two.
I'm not in mourning, I'm attending a wake!  There's still hope!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108516 on: August 28, 2016, 09:18:57 am »

Late for the animal rights dudes.

They don't really have anyone to be upset with but themselves. If the company announced last year they were moving the dolphins, they've had all that time to organize a protest and actually influence the decision, rather than throw a hissy fit during the move.

I am of the opinion that animals probably shouldn't be in captivity without some mitigating factor (raised in captivity, chronic injury that that means they're at a severe disadvantage in the wild etc.) but damn, animal rights dudes, way to act like you should be informed of every little thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108517 on: August 28, 2016, 09:23:41 am »

Hum, not sure how much I want to get into it but also consider that in the near future animals in captivity may become the last of their species. I agree that a lot of captivity conditions are bad, but I don't think the solution should necessarily be 'release all the animals' as opposed to 'improve their living conditions/breeding programs/larger areas for them that are monitored.'
Nom nom nom

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108518 on: August 28, 2016, 10:01:11 am »

Without touching the ethics of containing animals, I don't know if I understand the problem.  The park isn't doing anything wrong by moving the dolphins, right?  The protesters wouldn't be protesting the move, they'd be protesting dolphin/animal containment in general?

So they want to protest during the move because it'd be more effective than protesting on any other day?  I *think* that's what I'm hearing...  I don't think it's the park's responsibility to open the move up to harassment like that.  It's probably better for the animals if the move goes smoothly, really.  Even from the perspective that the dolphins shouldn't be contained in the first place.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108519 on: August 28, 2016, 10:23:53 am »

After what happened with Orange Wizard and bigoted remarks, someone proceeds to make a joke about cats and traditional Chinese meals.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108520 on: August 28, 2016, 11:00:38 am »

Orange Wizard was banned for making comments about lynch mobs and worse. I made a joke about something that actually happens in Chinese cuisine. Pretty sure there's a difference there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108521 on: August 28, 2016, 11:02:10 am »

shrug
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108522 on: August 28, 2016, 01:30:44 pm »

The day casual racism is no longer tolerated here, well it just won't be Australia.
I mean B12
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108523 on: August 28, 2016, 01:50:12 pm »

pretty sure lynch mobs actually happened too.

for the record, id try cat and dog.

...  and maybe long pork.  idk
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108524 on: August 28, 2016, 01:57:00 pm »

I'd try meat as a whole if I wasn't painfully allergic to something in it.  Heck I can barely stomach seafood without painful as heck stomach cramps. 
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 7233 7234 [7235] 7236 7237 ... 11040