Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7207 7208 [7209] 7210 7211 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460588 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108120 on: August 22, 2016, 11:57:31 am »

I'm eating a bag of Tikka Masala-flavored potato chips. It tastes like extremely flavorful chicken-flavored instant ramen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #108121 on: August 22, 2016, 12:24:27 pm »

Hey there. And btw you can make perfectly good instant noodles by just breaking up the block then pouring boiling water from the kettle over it, and leaving it to sit. Then either eat that, or stir-fry it with veggies etc. Way easier and tastier than boiling the crap out of the noodles in a pot.

I disagree with the 'tastier' bit, but it's certainly less tedious.
thincake

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108122 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:44 pm »

Well this is the most exciting gossip I've had in ages.
Did he deserve it? How did she win? Who called the cops?
-snip-
... Yes.
But my opinion is different. If I had, say, cheated on my beloved, and in return they scratched up my face and hit me, I'd see it as part of the learning process, as well as part of the reconciliation process.
I'd say violence has no reason to exist in a world where everyone acts rationally and with compassion, but this isn't yet that world, and sometimes physical reprisal is the only way for everyone to win.

I am absolutely not willing to turn this into a debate about DV, however, because in my mind this isn't DV. It seems that this is the first instance, and the first fight, the police were called and she was removed immediately afterwards, plus it seems as though they were fighting over something specific, albeit 2 hours after giving Yoink a beer and trying to foist their opinions on him.
So it's a definition debate to begin with, and nobody wins those.

But at the end of the day goss is goss, yo. Gets shit off Yoink's chest and validates my sadistic curiosity- no downside, right?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:02:07 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108123 on: August 22, 2016, 12:53:13 pm »

I'm not sure tearing someone's ear off is going to teach him anything other than that partner is a mad bastard.

I don't particularly think that a violent response is also going to help any reconciliation process.l, at least re: the example you used.

All relationships are based on trust; if one partner can't trust the other to remain faithful (if it's expected) while the other can't do anything wrong without the potential for violent reprisals, then neither person is capable of being in a stable, nurturing relationship with the other person.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108124 on: August 22, 2016, 01:03:59 pm »

And how does one truly begin to understand introspectively that they're incapable of a stable, nurturing relationship?
Aftermath is how.

Edit: cos I wanna avoid leapfrog posting here. It's 5am so I should definitely sleep which will make me unavailable to defend my... unconventional... beliefs. But I will say that I don't condone violence in order to oppress, but I do condone using it to discipline, and the line between those two concepts is indistinct and prone being misinterpreted due to our inherent flaws.
So I generally make these 'laws of violence' only in regard to myself. If I find that I have wronged someone enough that their emotional state is unbalanced, and I believe that physical retribution will either a. satisfy a sense of honour or b. calm them down in order to facilitate discussion, then I, allegorically speaking, 'turn the other cheek'.
I'd like to think this goes in the other direction, but mostly it seems limited to me punching people in the arm when they make bad puns. Because then honour IS satisfied.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:14:49 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108125 on: August 22, 2016, 01:07:18 pm »

If I had, say, cheated on my beloved, and in return they scratched up my face and hit me, I'd see it as part of the learning process, as well as part of the reconciliation process.
In all honesty I can't understand this logic.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108126 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11:43 pm »

And how does one truly begin to understand introspectively that they're incapable of a stable, nurturing relationship?
Aftermath is how.

The most obvious answer is not necessarily the only answer.

You bring up introspection; is it not possible for either party to consider the relationship for a moment and realize that it's unfulfilling for both parties, and share that revelation with the other?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108127 on: August 22, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »

If I had, say, cheated on my beloved, and in return they scratched up my face and hit me, I'd see it as part of the learning process, as well as part of the reconciliation process.
In all honesty I can't understand this logic.

To be perfectly honest, infidelity is seen as a pretty awful thing to do by some people. Depending on your take of Christianity, cheating is grounds for divorce(and possibly damnation) while the Old Testament requires putting the cheater to death. For the most part, humans are a monogamous species preferring mated pairs for life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108128 on: August 22, 2016, 02:41:52 pm »

And like all monogamous species, we love to cheat. :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108129 on: August 22, 2016, 03:12:44 pm »

* Cinder glances at signature and whistles.

Get good, scrubs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #108130 on: August 22, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »

i'm pretty good thank you
thincake

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108131 on: August 22, 2016, 04:49:48 pm »

Doh! Nuts! Bad harvests thanks to el Niño, combined with higher demand through increasing popularity in China have made peanut prices rise by 30% this year.
Peanutbutter addicts should not be too worried yet though. The major brands have long term supply contracts with fixed prices for peanuts. Smaller brands might see a price increase though.

But damn, a 30% price increase, that's not peanuts.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:51:19 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108132 on: August 22, 2016, 04:51:21 pm »

Doh! Nuts! Bad harvests combined with higher demand through increasing popularity in China have made peanut prices rise by 30% this year.
Peanutbutter addicts should not be too worried yet though. The major brands have long term supply contracts with fixed prices for peanuts. Smaller brands might see a price increase though.

Yeah Peanutbutter has become increasingly popular in Asia.

Wasn't too long ago that you had to go to specialty shops to get any... but now you can find them in convenience stores... Well in Taiwan anyhow.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108133 on: August 22, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »

Doh! Nuts! Bad harvests thanks to el Niño, combined with higher demand through increasing popularity in China have made peanut prices rise by 30% this year.

I will set your kitchen on fire for this pun.
Black lives matter.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7207 7208 [7209] 7210 7211 ... 11040