Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7199 7200 [7201] 7202 7203 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464341 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108000 on: August 19, 2016, 03:59:14 am »

TIL that some people use this image as a meme:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's from an old Finnish skit, 'Tonnin seteli'. The customer buys a small coffee and a waffle for 8 markkaa (currency), pays for them with a 1000 markkaa banknote and is given 2 markkaa as change. For the rest of the skit, the cashier stares at the customer with the above expression while the customer repeats how it was a 1000 markkaa banknote. There is some deep philosophy hidden in there somewhere...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108001 on: August 19, 2016, 04:30:22 am »

Parents apparently went out drinking last night, came home around midnight(waking me up) and kept loudly talking for over an hour. For some reason, this included sweeping the entire living room floor. When I woke up, the entire house smelled like ground beef(and there was a tiny uncooked piece left forgotten on the stove), and a bottle of olive oil that a week ago was 1/3 full was sitting empty on the counter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108002 on: August 19, 2016, 06:07:17 am »

Clearly a different kind of beef had been grinded there.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108003 on: August 19, 2016, 07:47:12 am »

Involving olive oil? Dayum.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108004 on: August 19, 2016, 09:41:38 am »

Jesus wept, ONE MONTH, ONE MONTH waiting for the results of a myelogram of a suspected post-CMT MDS, only to finally get told that the sample "is not valorable" (they say). Someone truly has adamantium balls
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #108005 on: August 19, 2016, 10:24:46 am »

Today I had to wake up at 05:45 just so I could schedule a time for next friday so I can pick up a document. The scheduling can only be done at 06:00 and for a few minutes after that. Oh, and the only way to know that is to call the place.

Yay bureaucracy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108006 on: August 19, 2016, 11:20:06 am »

Been playing dragon age inquisition, chatting to blackwall.
I feel like grey wardens seem a little too noblebright. They seem like witchers in every other respect except that witchers are still flawed humans.
No way would anyone have binding treaties allowing them to 'take whatever they want as they need it' and not abuse it.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108007 on: August 19, 2016, 11:21:16 am »

Muh fantasy race of mary sues.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108008 on: August 19, 2016, 11:27:12 am »

But they have abused it. Repeatedly. Hell, in DA Origins you can abuse it. Why do you think so many people distrust the Wardens?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #108009 on: August 19, 2016, 11:30:31 am »

Been playing dragon age inquisition, chatting to blackwall.
I feel like grey wardens seem a little too noblebright. They seem like witchers in every other respect except that witchers are still flawed humans.
No way would anyone have binding treaties allowing them to 'take whatever they want as they need it' and not abuse it.
I'd say stuff refuting it, but it's massive spoilers and you will eventually see it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108010 on: August 19, 2016, 11:47:15 am »

Thanks for not spoiling it.
But they have abused it. Repeatedly. Hell, in DA Origins you can abuse it. Why do you think so many people distrust the Wardens?
Honestly I played it so long ago I cannot even remember.
But it's good to know.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108011 on: August 19, 2016, 11:54:54 am »

Public misconduct of an indecent nature.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Meurlorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108012 on: August 19, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »

Been playing DF vanilla version, recently moved from adventure to fortress mode but with each successive play through I noticed that several items you can buy with points when you start up the game disappear while other times they're there, what I mean by this is not that they vanish after purchase but sometimes you cant even purchase them since they're not their!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108013 on: August 19, 2016, 07:39:02 pm »

Been playing DF vanilla version, recently moved from adventure to fortress mode but with each successive play through I noticed that several items you can buy with points when you start up the game disappear while other times they're there, what I mean by this is not that they vanish after purchase but sometimes you cant even purchase them since they're not their!
That's probably because your starting civ doesn't have access to them.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108014 on: August 19, 2016, 08:51:31 pm »

Stepdad nearly burnt the house down. He put a piece of chicken in the oven, then went to sleep. He had a timer on it(that was going off when me and my mother walked in the door), but it wasn't the timer that shuts off the oven.

Oh man I've done that twice in my life. Once when I was living with my parents and once when I was living on my own. When I was living on my own I didn't wake up at all and the fire just burnt itself out eventually, I was really lucky that it didn't catch anything in my kitchen on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 7199 7200 [7201] 7202 7203 ... 11040