Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7198 7199 [7200] 7201 7202 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464496 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107985 on: August 18, 2016, 03:25:52 pm »

Filthy secondaries casuals, eh?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107986 on: August 18, 2016, 03:37:47 pm »

Oh god, just realized: not due to the redistribution drama, though that's the crux, not that at all, it's entirely the support issues that I'm sympathizing with (though I agree with the complaints about redistribution, though they aren't happening in the DF community at all)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107987 on: August 18, 2016, 03:42:41 pm »

I've just been approved with twice the credit than I earn in a month. The lady at the bank said this is stuff that folks in their 40s with earnings in the triple digits gets approved for.

Older people with more experiences with this whole banks thing, is this good or bad?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107988 on: August 18, 2016, 03:47:19 pm »

Check the terms and conditions very carefully, consulting a lawyer if practicable. If there are no little time bombs hidden in the fine print, a solid credit line can be a very good thing if used carefully. Quite apart from ensuring that you will never be late on bills (use the credit to pay the bills, then pay off the credit as money is available during the month), the ease in making major purchases is a benefit that it is almost impossible to overestimate, as anyone who's ever had a dryer explode unexpectedly will attest to. Since credit is so very hard to build up, starting out with good credit to build on is invaluable.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107989 on: August 18, 2016, 03:49:58 pm »

Id not use it.

Or buy gum with it.  They like to encourage you to buy things but without self control its a pitfall when suddenly 25% interest rates.

pedit:   ^^^ that
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107990 on: August 18, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »

Oh god, just realized: not due to the redistribution drama, though that's the crux, not that at all, it's entirely the support issues that I'm sympathizing with (though I agree with the complaints about redistribution, though they aren't happening in the DF community at all)

Actually, now that I think of it, there was a bit of that, with a Masterwork github repo made by not-Meph that Meph really didn't do anything with IIRC, which is sort of similar, except that nothing actually happened out of it and there was no drama IIRC.

but I'm only reminded of that because the person who made that repo also is one of the CKAN devs and was mentioned in the thread.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107991 on: August 18, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »

Stepdad nearly burnt the house down. He put a piece of chicken in the oven, then went to sleep. He had a timer on it(that was going off when me and my mother walked in the door), but it wasn't the timer that shuts off the oven.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107992 on: August 18, 2016, 05:20:20 pm »

Check the terms and conditions very carefully, consulting a lawyer if practicable. If there are no little time bombs hidden in the fine print, a solid credit line can be a very good thing if used carefully. Quite apart from ensuring that you will never be late on bills (use the credit to pay the bills, then pay off the credit as money is available during the month), the ease in making major purchases is a benefit that it is almost impossible to overestimate, as anyone who's ever had a dryer explode unexpectedly will attest to. Since credit is so very hard to build up, starting out with good credit to build on is invaluable.
This, so much.

I got a shared card backed by my folks' and their great credit rating a while back, kept it paid off every month, and now I've got a credit card solely in my name with a $3k spending limit despite having no meaningful assets and working half-time at a low-paying job while also carrying student loan debt.

tl;dr start building a good paper trail early. Use the card even if you don't need to, then pay it off in full before the month is out, consistently and repeatedly. When you have a good excuse (like travel abroad) try to get your limit bumped out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #107993 on: August 18, 2016, 05:28:51 pm »

I went to get a burger at a place nearby, and I can't help but wonder... How many burgers do I actually eat in a year? It's gotta be a lot.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107994 on: August 18, 2016, 05:43:11 pm »

I went to get a burger at a place nearby, and I can't help but wonder... How many burgers do I actually eat in a year? It's gotta be a lot.
How many breads have you eaten in your life?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107995 on: August 18, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »

If you have to ask then obviously not enough.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107996 on: August 18, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »

So today i found out what it feels like to have a large house spider crawling on my hand. I am somewhat arachnophobic.

:I

Basically, i went and picked up a roll of toilet paper from the package on the floor, because the roll near the toilet was all used up. As i hold it, i feel something tickling on my hand, moving around. I quickly turn it around and SPIDER RIGHT THERE AUGH. I freaked out, accidentally dropping both the roll and the spider in the toilet, and thankfully, the spider was unable to get up from there. I'm like "want to flush spider, can't flush toilet paper roll, WAT DO", so i end up spiking the spider with the toilet brush. Poor thing suffered longer than it had to, but... I wasn't really in any position to do anything quicker or less deadly. Normally i don't mind spiders if they aren't too big (this one was too big) and they just keep to themselves in the corner, but stay the fuck off of my toilet paper. I will enforce natural selection on any unwanted critters that dare tread upon sacred ground.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107997 on: August 18, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

... house person. If you have a vehicle accident (trailer tire blowout, nothing major), maybe. Maybe you stop by the house or call or something when you get back in town, instead of going straight to eat and telling fucknobody you made it back alive. Letting folks know you're back and okay seems like a normal progression of thought.

But apparently not. Senility is a hell of a drug :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107998 on: August 18, 2016, 10:53:18 pm »

Are you the senile? Or is someone else?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107999 on: August 18, 2016, 11:08:12 pm »

Someone else. My mind may be going but it's not age that's doing it, quite yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7198 7199 [7200] 7201 7202 ... 11040