Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7196 7197 [7198] 7199 7200 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465618 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107955 on: August 18, 2016, 05:45:39 am »

Spoiler: What I ordered. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: What I got. (click to show/hide)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107956 on: August 18, 2016, 05:47:31 am »

Today I heard people talking on the radio for like an hour about Zika and why it's so fucking dangerous and that everyone is endangered, there were interviews and warnings and shit...
But... it's just Zika, there's no real reason for scare...
AND I LIVE IN FUCKING POLAND I MEAN HOW YOU CAN EVEN GET ZIKA HERE IT'S FUCKING EUROPE MOSQUITOES HERE ARE NOT CAPABLE OF SPREADING IT AND SOON THERE WILL BE WINTER SO ALL THE MOSQUITOES WILL DIE ANYWAY AND JUST... WHY!?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107957 on: August 18, 2016, 06:27:44 am »

Wait, I thought you lived in New Zeal-- AW MOTHERFUCKER NOT AGAIN
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107958 on: August 18, 2016, 06:30:28 am »

JUST... WHY!?
Because entertainment news. Also the birth defect thing is really flamboyant even if the disease itself is probably less deadly than your average cold.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107959 on: August 18, 2016, 06:39:57 am »

But there were two cases of Zika ever in Poland and that was because those people returned from South America and the diease didin't spread any further at all. It's just not a thing here, and what really baffled me was when the interviewers were talking with doctors and they basically went "WILL IT BE THE END OF WORLD" and they said "No" but they asked again "BUT WILL IT REALLY BE THE END OF WORLD" and they said "No" and then they asked "BUT WILL IT REALLY BE THE END OF WORLD FOR SURE" and they answered "ffs no" and then they went "ZIKA IS END OF WORLD CONFIRMED" while the sciencists went "but that's not what I said at all".
I mean, fuck, getting scared of it in America or Africa or something I can understand, but it won't happen here, unless we get Zika zombies soon.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107960 on: August 18, 2016, 06:40:43 am »

Do you guys know what Brazilians smoke?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107961 on: August 18, 2016, 06:46:18 am »

While I would point to Yoink in this instance as an example of "better the devil you know" re: housemates...
Hahaha, on that note I'm beginning to suspect my new housemates might be tweekers. <.<; 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107962 on: August 18, 2016, 07:19:43 am »

i just realized that frumple's avatar is a shadowed face peering over a ledge instead of a silouette of a monster on a victorian london rooftop
I thought it was the silhouette of the face of a monster peering over the ledge of a shadowed victorian london rooftop.
... it's not either of those, but somewhat related to both. One day someone will identify where it's from, but this wasn't that time.
Ask not!
Ask!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107963 on: August 18, 2016, 07:32:33 am »

I always thought its a creepy character perving over one of those japanese thermal bath things who's trying to peek on the girls on the other side :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107964 on: August 18, 2016, 07:34:23 am »

Was there a rectangular barcode sticker with a number starting with "PQ" on it?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107965 on: August 18, 2016, 07:45:56 am »

Nope.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107966 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:33 am »

Yeah, I try every year or two just to see if one of them's got good enough to figure out its source. Haven't had any luck, yet~

And nah TA, no baths involved.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107967 on: August 18, 2016, 09:10:08 am »

Nope.
To explain the question:
The sticker I described was how the shithole of a company I used to work for kept track of inventory before selling globally to or through a small variety of online retailers. To make themselves look better to investors, and also to reduce the number of "parasites" that were employed, they switched to an automated system that works via reverse image search. Believe it or not, your post was a textbook example of the sort of false identifications the system is extremely prone to, which is why I asked.

Do be sure to complain to the retailer you purchased it through. If you ordered the book online, there's still a solid chance that it was routed through them at some point (they're supposed to remove those stickers, but when you eliminate every possible employee and treat the ones you absolutely need like shit things like that get overlooked), and every time they get a "wrong book" complaint it brings their utter destruction one tiny step closer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107968 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:23 am »

Gotta wonder how many shitposts will be made in OW's avatar and name.
OW lives in death!
Or at least his shadow/puckering, wrinkly.... splinter/whatnot does
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:14:43 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107969 on: August 18, 2016, 09:17:14 am »

Nope.
To explain the question:
The sticker I described was how the shithole of a company I used to work for kept track of inventory before selling globally to or through a small variety of online retailers. To make themselves look better to investors, and also to reduce the number of "parasites" that were employed, they switched to an automated system that works via reverse image search. Believe it or not, your post was a textbook example of the sort of false identifications the system is extremely prone to, which is why I asked.

Do be sure to complain to the retailer you purchased it through. If you ordered the book online, there's still a solid chance that it was routed through them at some point (they're supposed to remove those stickers, but when you eliminate every possible employee and treat the ones you absolutely need like shit things like that get overlooked), and every time they get a "wrong book" complaint it brings their utter destruction one tiny step closer.
It was through Amazon, but sold and shipped by somebody else. There's a system in place for returning defective or just plain wrong shipments, so I'm doing that tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 7196 7197 [7198] 7199 7200 ... 11037