Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7195 7196 [7197] 7198 7199 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466715 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107940 on: August 17, 2016, 06:11:41 pm »

From what I've heard of Akura's coworkers, that might be more dangerous than the expressway. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107941 on: August 17, 2016, 07:15:40 pm »

Talking with a friend about the Shin Megami Tensei monsters and applying evolution to them.    We started talking about Medusa and would would make it a more effective predator.

Long story short I'm probably too lazy to actually do it, but I am now considering making a Medusa in Dwarf fortress that petrifies people, not with her eyes, but with her breasts.  Heck it might even be possible to make it more effective against humanoid creatures attracted to females.

What is wrong with my mind.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107942 on: August 17, 2016, 07:48:25 pm »

... and in response to that, I went and checked out what appears to be the latest SMT medusa artwork.

I... I think that's the first time I've ever seen a punk medusa. Who even makes spiked/studded black leather that fits the bottom half of a giant snake? Is she just a hobbyist leatherworker or does the demon community in SMT land have, like. A clothing industry for this stuff? Is there somewhere in that world with racks upon racks of snake-fitted clothing hanging up in some store? Do they do it standard commercial wise and just have different sizes sitting around in a store, or is everything made to order? How does that even work with normal serpent eating habits, anyway? Is that leather actually really stretchy or somethin'? Bloody fantasy clothing mechanics, how do you work!?

Can you vanquish the medusa and then wear her clothing as a hat? That looks like it would make an amazing floppy hat, providing you could deal with the spiky bits.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107943 on: August 17, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »

I may be forced to quit my job in the next couple of days because my stepdad bungled the insurance on all the family vehicles. His claim is that the insurance company just up and decided to cancel his policy without telling him and he only learned about it when his sister happened to look it up, but I don't buy it. Either he forgot to pay the bill, or just didn't with total disregard to consequences. Now he's refusing to allow my mother to drive any of the vehicles, though he is graciously going to give my mother a ride to work on his motorcycle, but that leaves me unable to get to work.

Is losing the job worth the hassle of being around home all the time?

Keep the job, look for a new one closer to home.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107944 on: August 17, 2016, 07:56:43 pm »

I may be forced to quit my job in the next couple of days because my stepdad bungled the insurance on all the family vehicles. His claim is that the insurance company just up and decided to cancel his policy without telling him and he only learned about it when his sister happened to look it up, but I don't buy it. Either he forgot to pay the bill, or just didn't with total disregard to consequences. Now he's refusing to allow my mother to drive any of the vehicles, though he is graciously going to give my mother a ride to work on his motorcycle, but that leaves me unable to get to work.

Is losing the job worth the hassle of being around home all the time?

Keep the job, look for a new one closer to home.
And, I think many people have stated multiple times: find somewhere else to live away from this madness.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107945 on: August 17, 2016, 08:46:28 pm »

i just realized that frumple's avatar is a shadowed face peering over a ledge instead of a silouette of a monster on a victorian london rooftop
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107946 on: August 17, 2016, 08:48:19 pm »

Wow. I've spent my whole life seeing it as a monster silouette... Now that you point it out, it seems unmistakable.

I think. I think I need a moment here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107947 on: August 17, 2016, 08:53:26 pm »

From what I've heard of Akura's coworkers, that might be more dangerous than the expressway. :-\

...Wrong job? Not all my coworkers are that bad.

That said, one of the managers did offer to pick me up, but she didn't say anything about getting home.

And, I think many people have stated multiple times: find somewhere else to live away from this madness.

I'm looking, but ffs there's nowhere within my range of affordability.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107948 on: August 17, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »

roommates make everything more affordable.

and interesting
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107949 on: August 17, 2016, 08:56:35 pm »

and interesting

While I would point to Yoink in this instance as an example of "better the devil you know" re: housemates, I'm not sure things could get worse for Akura in that respect.

pisskop speaks truth.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107950 on: August 17, 2016, 11:06:48 pm »

and interesting

While I would point to Yoink in this instance as an example of "better the devil you know" re: housemates, I'm not sure things could get worse for Akura in that respect.

pisskop speaks truth.

Forgive me for not knowing the answer to this question, but is there any reason why your mom hasn't left him yet? From the way you describe him, he seems to be nothing but a parasite that makes everyone miserable. During my teen years, my parents finally divorced and things got drastically better. Sure, I did feel sorry for my dad, but pity is not enough of a reason to let him ruin your lives.

EDIT: I realize that I'm being harsh right now (using parasite for example), but as someone who's had to deal with an abusive deadbeat father, your family situation strikes a chord.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:30:53 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #107951 on: August 18, 2016, 01:52:56 am »

i just realized that frumple's avatar is a shadowed face peering over a ledge instead of a silouette of a monster on a victorian london rooftop
I thought it was the silhouette of the face of a monster peering over the ledge of a shadowed victorian london rooftop.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107952 on: August 18, 2016, 02:03:29 am »

I used to listen to "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor to get pumped for tests, exercise, or anything vaguely difficult. The lyrics are about some guy being really great and creative and working hard all the time, and I always assumed that you were meant to insert yourself into the song so it's like they're singing about you being awesome.

Then I looked it up on Genius Lyrics. No, it's literally Mike Shinoda (the lead guy) talking about himself and how awesome and talented and creative he is. On an album that nobody remembers, from a group nobody remembers or cares about except this one song.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #107953 on: August 18, 2016, 02:20:09 am »

My read is that it's actually the entire group singing about themselves, verse by verse.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107954 on: August 18, 2016, 04:34:35 am »

and interesting

pisskop speaks truth.

Forgive me for not knowing the answer to this question, but is there any reason why your mom hasn't left him yet? From the way you describe him, he seems to be nothing but a parasite that makes everyone miserable. During my teen years, my parents finally divorced and things got drastically better. Sure, I did feel sorry for my dad, but pity is not enough of a reason to let him ruin your lives.

EDIT: I realize that I'm being harsh right now (using parasite for example), but as someone who's had to deal with an abusive deadbeat father, your family situation strikes a chord.

She can't do anything without him saying "Jump" first.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7195 7196 [7197] 7198 7199 ... 11037