Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 [7188] 7189 7190 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467834 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107805 on: August 15, 2016, 09:48:49 pm »

...I really was terrible back then.
You're still the only person whose previous name I don't know.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107806 on: August 15, 2016, 09:52:48 pm »

I probably deserved one at some point as well. I still can't believe how much of a dick I used to be, reading my old posts :I Other than that, one of my threads got Toad-locked once, but that was more because I just let it be when it was really a topic that needed moderation, rather than because of my own involvement. (I still think that was the most civil of the gendersex threads to date :v) Several of my posts have been deleted, but I think that most or all of those were because of the fallout from Toad bombs. I try not to get into arguments too much these days.

Looking at the mod-log, this seems to be a pretty bad year for bans. Twelve bans a little over halfway through the year, whereas the previous record winner (in recent memory) had 12 throughout the latter half. I guess it might just come with the heightened political sensibilities of a U.S. election year. Any of you old-timers remember what it was like back in '12?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107807 on: August 15, 2016, 09:53:20 pm »

On topic: Tack's new avatar really confused me for a second.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107808 on: August 15, 2016, 10:00:50 pm »

@Tawa: To be fair, at least half of those were from one of the two politics threads, and this year is rather hostile. I don't remember the politics threads from back in 2012, but the political atmosphere was practically Zen compared to now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:16:32 pm by smjjames »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #107809 on: August 15, 2016, 10:14:40 pm »

Never gotten warned. But one time Toady pmmed me to let me know that the insult I had reported someone for had actually just been a Princess Bride reference.
It's FEF, not FEOF

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107810 on: August 15, 2016, 10:16:03 pm »

???
I think you're replying to tawa, silly :p

Whoops, fixed.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107811 on: August 15, 2016, 10:57:46 pm »

Never gotten warned. But one time Toady pmmed me to let me know that the insult I had reported someone for had actually just been a Princess Bride reference.
If you don't mind me asking, what insult was it?
@Tawa: To be fair, at least half of those were from one of the two politics threads, and this year is rather hostile. I don't remember the politics threads from back in 2012, but the political atmosphere was practically Zen compared to now.
Hm. Then again... nah, I'm not going to drag politics into this, but I suppose I can see why 2012 was calmer.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107812 on: August 15, 2016, 11:04:01 pm »

Milwaukee.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107813 on: August 15, 2016, 11:09:13 pm »

I have never gotten warnings, I think. But I once had a thread I made nuked, and I think I only managed to avoid a ban because I apologized right before it was deleted. That... Actually change my life pretty significantly, as in I realized that maybe hating everything and everyone around me and glorifying myself might not be the best MO.
People change, that's the awesome thing. You're making yourself awesome because at times, even our first actions are somethings we didn't know much about until we got more experience. :P

She's awesomeperson. :P
But yeah, I know her name, but I forgot what number was at the end so I can't tell you exactly what it was.

We've got rain and wow class o-o I am grateful for classes in college but AURGGGHHH.
At least all my clothes are clean. Wet and clean. Lacking mud, of the most part. Let me add water to that! :'(

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107814 on: August 15, 2016, 11:27:19 pm »

Lacking mud, of the most part. Let me add water to that! :'(
The bright side is that water is clean and your clothes just got washed for free. Stuff em into a dryer and be done with it!

Also, yeah, I don't think anyone is proud of themselves at there worst. I'd definitely beat some sense into past me...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107815 on: August 15, 2016, 11:34:44 pm »

R... rain water often isn't actually very clean. Like, at all. Varies by region, but areas that have bad air quality or are nearish areas that do can have rain that's borderline deadly, particularly if ingested. Clothes usually need a wash after storm soaking. Clean they probably aren't.

... do often feel pretty nice, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107816 on: August 15, 2016, 11:39:17 pm »

R... rain water often isn't actually very clean. Like, at all. Varies by region, but areas that have bad air quality or are nearish areas that do can have rain that's borderline deadly, particularly if ingested. Clothes usually need a wash after storm soaking. Clean they probably aren't.

... do often feel pretty nice, though.
Well, that depends on your standards. Though I suppose it's also based on modern pollution rates.

Romans found it better than lead-water tho :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107817 on: August 15, 2016, 11:41:48 pm »

Got any strange electromagnetic fields in your area? Power lines, RADAR dishes, college electronics labs, E war training areas?

Orange Wizard was banned.... Are all bans permanent?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107818 on: August 15, 2016, 11:43:42 pm »

I got interested in overwatch.   The big thing that pushed me over the edge on getting it?   Jim Sterling's negative reviews and entries on it.

He was going on about how the microtransactions are structured and the Olympics exclusive loot boxes suck and all that.  Stuff I agreed with him on.   And then I bought the game.  I was thoroughly on the fence before his show about it and then I found myself buying it right after.

It did inspire me to look up skins for characters in the game, apparently the only things worth getting out of lootboxes, and saw that with a few distinctly 'meh' exceptions they all pretty much suck.  So I guess Jim's negative press on the game inspired me to see that the lootboxes don't have anything interesting in them in the first place, converting them from a negative into a neutral point?  That hardly seems like something you'd expect so sell yer game.

(I ended up getting 2 out of 3 of those meh skins from boxes shortly after starting playing anyway. B.va and Thunderbird Pharah)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:45:50 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107819 on: August 16, 2016, 12:02:26 am »

Got any strange electromagnetic fields in your area? Power lines, RADAR dishes, college electronics labs, E war training areas?

Orange Wizard was banned.... Are all bans permanent?
Yes, that is what all bans are here. What other sites would call temp-bans are "mutes" on Bay12. The other distinguishing feature between bans and mutes is that muted members can still access the forum and read threads, whereas (based on what GreatWyrmGold said through a borrowed account after his banning) banned members aren't allowed to access the forum in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 [7188] 7189 7190 ... 11037