Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7185 7186 [7187] 7188 7189 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467672 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107790 on: August 15, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »

Well, I missed something important, as usual. Last I saw of OW he was using incorrect statistical assumptions, and now he's gone. Let that be a warning to you all not to mess around with the dark and dangerous world of statistics.

Every time I see a ban I get a bit worried, because I know I've made stupid mistakes in the past. I'm just happy I haven't been warned in a long time. There was a period where I was getting warnings every so often and I was worried that I would soon find that I had run through my share of good will. Obviously, it helps that I've sort of dropped off my posting recently, but still. Especially given that I still frequent the politics threads, which are obviously vulnerable to that stuff. Still, if any of you are under the impression that Toady bans without warning, let me disabuse you of that notion. Toady has been just where I've seen him.

OT: My internet has acted weird for months, with intermittent failures. I used my above-average knowledge of networking to try and fix it, to no avail. Finally, I cave and buy a replacement wireless card. I installed it today... and while I'm not totally sure, I'm like 70% sure it didn't fix the problem, meaning I have absolutely no clue what could possibly be wrong now. Hardware? Software? Far as I know I stepped on a voodoo priest's foot on the sidewalk and this is their curse. It's prevented me from playing any multiplayer game for a month or two now.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107791 on: August 15, 2016, 08:33:29 pm »

Yeah, the PM warnings are nice. I believe I've only had one, and even though I felt what I said was totally justified (and I'm pretty sure the guy was trying to provoke me into saying something that would get me banned, in hindsight), it was still an eye-opener. I've shitposted and been a general jerk plenty for what, five and a half years, and I've only been warned once. You have to fuck up heavily and consistently to actually get muted or banned--at least, that's my impression.

At any rate a warning PM from Tarn had more of an attitude-adjusting effect than month-long bans 4noraisin from corrupt mods on other boards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107792 on: August 15, 2016, 08:37:07 pm »

Hay, my internet boyfriend got banned.
This is all kinds of shocking.

I am bad at expressing emotion but this may have caused some.
Although that could be because the biggest reason I took note of OW was because of his no-holds barred sense of humour. Which we all loved and gave kudos for.
It's like we trained him to be crass and then got him banned him for it.

The only PM warning I've ever received has been 'You're posting too much, shut up.' About Eight Years Ago.
And I am a Motherfucker.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107793 on: August 15, 2016, 08:38:09 pm »

Ive always made the assumption that its always how its said, not what.  Ive purposely delved into some touchy things over here before.

I take my more ...fiery crosses elsewhere.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107794 on: August 15, 2016, 08:41:32 pm »

If you're not actually spouting bigotry, the thing to avoid is personal attacks. For obvious reasons.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107795 on: August 15, 2016, 08:43:47 pm »

I got one for unnecessarily aggravating a situation, I deserved that one and I knew that it would be coming almost immediately after posting.

Tarn has boundaries, cross them and he lets you know.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107796 on: August 15, 2016, 08:46:29 pm »

I got warned just once, years ago. Thanks to that, I feel like I have a better idea of when to step back from a heating-up discussion. Let the other jerks get the warnings and mutes :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107797 on: August 15, 2016, 08:48:14 pm »

I have never received one, even though I probably should have a couple of times in the past.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #107798 on: August 15, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

I remember getting muted once because I accidentally linked to hentai.

A good reminder to myself that I'm not always in the best state of mind, and that I need to think out how aware and in control I am before I submit anything. Considering I'm genuinely not always in control of myself at any given moment.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107799 on: August 15, 2016, 09:09:12 pm »

I have never received one, even though I probably should have a couple of times in the past.

Aye, me too. I've had posts removed, but that was in the cleaning up of about 100 or so other posts about things we prob'ly shouldn't have been discussing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107800 on: August 15, 2016, 09:14:38 pm »

well, ow is in a better place now,i imagine.

probs at workschool, since its morning in zeeland
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107801 on: August 15, 2016, 09:17:37 pm »

He has a military camp to go to, which is my biggest worry for him since he did not seem particularly pleased about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107802 on: August 15, 2016, 09:38:53 pm »

This. Been a part of (more than) a few conversations that got deleted, but there doesn't seem to be any lingering knock-it-offs in th'inbox. Flak from some of those conversations probably count about as well as a direct PM, though. If I screw up at this point, I really don't have the excuse of not knowing better :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107803 on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:09 pm »

I think I've been warned once, shortly before GWG was banned, because I kept getting into the arguments with him and flooding threads. :/

That's it, though, I think.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107804 on: August 15, 2016, 09:47:11 pm »

Aye, me too. I've had posts removed, but that was in the cleaning up of about 100 or so other posts about things we prob'ly shouldn't have been discussing.

Same here, but all of those were just ones caught up in a sweep.
Pages: 1 ... 7185 7186 [7187] 7188 7189 ... 11037