Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7172 7173 [7174] 7175 7176 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14477978 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107595 on: August 13, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »

I turned 30 this year. I definitely shouldn't be growing anymore.
You're secretly 18, and the first 12 years of your life were a fabricated cover story implanted into your memories.
It's the only logical explanation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107596 on: August 13, 2016, 11:55:29 pm »

I'm getting WTF's from the biology faculty at my uni. They seem to be trying all sorts of weird new education methods, but are sticking no single one in particular. It's frustrating that lecture prep one week can be 20 minutes, and then the next week 4+ hours.  :-\

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107597 on: August 13, 2016, 11:56:34 pm »

@Gunner-Chan:Could be posture, in which case, yay!  Standing up straight is good for you!

I cannot hypothesize as to alternate causes, not being a medical professional.  Or even a well-informed amateur.

Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder how tall I'll end up being, because I'm already 6'4" and don't seem to be stopping in the immediate future.

I was going to WTF at something.

Then I forgot what I was coming here to WTF about, which made me WTF.

You're getting old.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:00:40 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107598 on: August 14, 2016, 12:01:50 am »

Saw one of the most hilariously/horrifyingly blatant displays of drunk driving last night.
Where? A drive-through bottleshop. And they bought more booze. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107599 on: August 14, 2016, 12:04:12 am »

Saw one of the most hilariously/horrifyingly blatant displays of drunk driving last night.
Get the plates, call them in.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107600 on: August 14, 2016, 01:33:18 am »

Get the plates, call them in.  :v
I don't think Yoink has a time machine.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107601 on: August 14, 2016, 03:14:16 am »

I have no idea how anyone defends Riot Games ever.

In that link, Tryndamere is confronted by criticism and immediately tries to doxx Icefrog while talking about Pendragon's integrity. That's completely inexcusable.

EDIT: since photoshop is possible

and also... "falsehoods"? that he took down the biggest dota forum and said "fuck you too" when called on not posting the archives for years after they were promised? Things that are easily googled?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:24:05 am by Putnam »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107602 on: August 14, 2016, 04:31:10 am »

I googled "Icefrog" and the third link contains this rumoured (and apparently false) name. Numerous other results also make reference to this. That's not really doxing IMO, it just seems like trivially available (mis?)information on the internet.

I don't know enough about DOTA/LoL to really say anything more about anything else.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107603 on: August 14, 2016, 04:35:42 am »

Icefrog's made a point of being anonymous (in fact, it's one of his most well-known features; "elusive" and similar are the most common adjectives applied to him), so using his real name (or what Tryndamere believes to be his real name, at least) casually like that is... I can't really use any word other than doxxing, it's trying to reveal personal information about someone who doesn't want such information revealed, there's no other word for that.

Especially since, given that, people are far more likely to recognize Icefrog by simply "Icefrog". There is no non-nasty reason to use a real name in a situation like that.

The mods of the subreddit kept that comment up for 18 hours despite having banned Richard Lewis for doing almost the exact same thing a couple years beforehand.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:47:59 am by Putnam »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107604 on: August 14, 2016, 04:52:54 am »

Icefrog's made a point of being anonymous, so using his real name (or what Tryndamere believes to be his real name, at least) casually like that is... I can't really use any word other than doxxing

Shitty? Asshole? If the guy doesn't want to be identified, than it's not the right thing to do. But still, I don't see how simply stating such trivially available and public information is doxing, but (for example) linking to it isn't.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107605 on: August 14, 2016, 04:55:36 am »

Because he's the CEO of Riot Games, two of his employees and fellow co-founders have had personal interactions with Icefrug and thus he has enough clout to turn what everyone knows as a "mostly unsubstantiated rumor" into "basically fact"?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107606 on: August 14, 2016, 04:58:19 am »

Because he's the CEO of Riot Games, two of his employees and fellow co-founders have had personal interactions with Icefrug and thus he has enough clout to turn what everyone knows as a "mostly unsubstantiated rumor" into "basically fact"?

Hmm, fair enough I suppose.

You eat your own head

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107607 on: August 14, 2016, 07:29:49 am »

A CEO with...attitude issues. ._.
That's my relevant thing to the thread. >_<

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107608 on: August 14, 2016, 07:56:11 am »

Riot Games is fueled by rage and manchildren with egos the size of VY Canis Majoris.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107609 on: August 14, 2016, 08:02:26 am »

Most AoS knockoffs seem to be, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.