Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7166 7167 [7168] 7169 7170 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475984 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107505 on: August 12, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »

That pun was so bad it gave me cancer.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107506 on: August 12, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »

Looks like Eric is going to encyst that we stop.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107507 on: August 12, 2016, 01:30:16 pm »

I think we can go on for at least tumor.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107508 on: August 12, 2016, 02:20:13 pm »

May you all catch crabs and ignite.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107509 on: August 12, 2016, 02:21:27 pm »

It is nearly 90 degrees F in the room I am in right now.

It is 74 degrees F outside.

Fuck.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107510 on: August 12, 2016, 02:29:09 pm »

your pc producing that much heat, combined with no ventilation?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107511 on: August 12, 2016, 02:30:47 pm »

Pretty sure it's just a hellmouth. Maybe a geothermal vent or somethin'.

Might want to get that looked at. I hear the rates on exorcists aren't too bad this season.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107512 on: August 12, 2016, 02:35:59 pm »

Don't know if the PC is producing that much heat (there's 2 fans, I think, blowing air out) but there is minimal ventilation in this room. I have a desk fan and the window open, to little avail.

Then there's me moving about the room, that's probably getting a lot of heat kicking about.

I could move the computer out of the room, but then I have to worry about the cats. They aren't allowed in this room (various things that might do unpleasant things to them that they will invariably try to eat) and there's cat hair all over the computer case anyway.

Pretty sure it's just a hellmouth. Maybe a geothermal vent or somethin'.

Might want to get that looked at. I hear the rates on exorcists aren't too bad this season.

I'll look into it :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107513 on: August 12, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »

open up your computer and give it a good old compressed air-canister spray clean, for the dust that's accumulated. It helps with the PC's temp.

Then I'd say just turn on any vents, or maybe you know, by a little relatively cheap standing fan and kind of help that circulate the air around your room?

Hope that helps

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107514 on: August 12, 2016, 02:45:29 pm »

It's not a great big deal, it's just a wtf that the room I'm in is so much warmer than outside during the hottest period of the day :)) cheers for the advice anyhow.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107515 on: August 12, 2016, 02:48:50 pm »

I have a good friend, who is very intelligent, but sometimes doesn't catch on to the larger issues. Ivory tower syndrome, we'll call it.

They're talking about well off parents having difficulty showing their kids financial literacy. Sending them to financial planners.... How it's difficult to teach budgeting, writing a check, what debt means.

I grew up with nothing. There was often not enough food. I paid an incredible price I'd rather not contemplate for doing the right thing recently. All that I was or will be, was made by me, and I have the debt to prove it.

For some reason, this friend did not comprehend the inherent awkwardness of discussing the "issues" of people with too much money and not enough brains to teach their children about debt (or even how to write a check) with someone like me....

Even being in a position where you could afford the luxury of not having to worry yourself & your children children about money seems like an extravagance to me and these individuals are complaining about it?

I can not comprehend a (rich) parent not being able to explain to their child how to write a check and balance a checkbook. I'm sorry, but this is simply too foreign to me. Cannot compute; would be kinder to the parent not to compute.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107516 on: August 12, 2016, 03:25:06 pm »

A somewhat enviable problem :-\

---

Thought process as of two minutes ago: Hey, my foot's starting to look a bit better, bleeding's stopped, the scraped off bit looks like it's healing, just hurts a lil' still. Probably bruised. Let's see! *goes into other room with better lighting looks at foot* *more of the top of the foot is bruise yellow than not* Well... shit.
Ask not!
Ask!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107517 on: August 12, 2016, 03:47:36 pm »

What happened?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107518 on: August 12, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »

Fell a few days ago trying to stand up. Tore up some skin and apparently bruised the zog out of foot, but other than that wasn't too bad, now that the cause has been addressed.
Ask not!
Ask!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #107519 on: August 12, 2016, 03:59:48 pm »

... I kinda question how bad that fall must of been to mess up your foot that bad. I've taken less damage falling off of a roof.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 7166 7167 [7168] 7169 7170 ... 11037