Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7153 7154 [7155] 7156 7157 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478088 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107310 on: August 06, 2016, 10:43:18 am »

Damn, that tech priest guy at 0:39 sounds badass.
Techmarine. Best of both worlds.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107311 on: August 06, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »

I also enjoyed Avitus' betrayal.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107312 on: August 06, 2016, 12:12:32 pm »

Avitus and Tarkus had really good ones, in different ways.  So many ways to be corrupted.
Thaddeus's was better than I expected, though.  I expected rage like Avitus, but actually no...  It was more like Tarkus, and tied into the end of the original DoW2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCdXPR_s2s

The road to hell...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107313 on: August 06, 2016, 04:12:35 pm »

Had a major sale today, 50% off everything. Never done that one before at this store as far as I know.

I arrived at 7:30, I have to be there at 8, and we don't open until 9. There was already people standing outside trying to get in to shop.

That asshole I've been trying to get fired comes in during lunch(which was later than usual due to ordered pizza), clocks in, then goes to sit down and eat pizza rather than going to his job(which was different then normal, hence a later time coming in). Not only was he eating our pizza on the clock, he took the cheese and toppings off of a slice and left the stripped slice in the box. That's... that's one of the greatest pizza sins there are.

Nearly had the place burn down by the end of the day, when one of the operations crew came in on her lunch, put something in the microwave, and then the plate caught fire. If I hadn't volunteered to be cleaning the break room, and happened to be cleaning the microwave ovens at that very moment, that fire would have gone unnoticed until it was too late. I took the burnt plate, paper but with some kind of shiny material on the top side, wrote a warning not to put foil plates in the microwave, and posted it near the ovens.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107314 on: August 06, 2016, 04:23:48 pm »

Hey, a study found that older workers are more adaptable to new tech than millenials are:
https://it.slashdot.org/story/16/08/06/162250/older-workers-are-better-at-adapting-to-new-technology-study-finds

I guess having gone through multiple generations of tech is worth something after all.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107315 on: August 06, 2016, 05:02:15 pm »

*BEEP BEEP*

Who is this?

"Hello, I call from the department of -redacted-. I have this  test results for this patient.."

But I never treated that person...

"Oh, that's right, but maybe you can aid me with the case? See the results are unusual, and maybe you could provide insight"

Ok... wait a second, this can't be right. This patient died -redacted- months ago

"Nevermind, check the file anyway to find out what was the problem"

...and was nearly a hundred years old ..

"Well, yes, but it doesn't matter right? I mean, you sometimes provide treatment elderly people right?"

Well, yes... to living ones, that is...

"Oh well nevermind, I'm sending you the report anyway OK?"

...ok...

Mind you, this is a highly redacted version. The actual conversation took nearly an hour. It was pretty surreal.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107316 on: August 06, 2016, 05:02:41 pm »

Avitus and Tarkus had really good ones, in different ways.  So many ways to be corrupted.
Thaddeus's was better than I expected, though.  I expected rage like Avitus, but actually no...  It was more like Tarkus, and tied into the end of the original DoW2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCdXPR_s2s

The road to hell...
I like Jonah's better, mostly because it's not "I am evil now!" and instead "was possessed all along".

Of course, there's always the super-spoilery 100% purity traitor. He would be the most awesome if he wasn't also brutally hard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107317 on: August 06, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »

Sitting here doing my thing at a public building, and every few minutes one of the tiny birds outside flies up out of the bushes and slams head-first into the window beside me. This hasn't happened on previous visits.

They must have cleaned the windows.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107318 on: August 06, 2016, 05:06:42 pm »

Sitting here doing my thing at a public building, and every few minutes one of the tiny birds outside flies up out of the bushes and slams head-first into the window beside me. This hasn't happened on previous visits.

They must have cleaned the windows.
Open the window?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107319 on: August 06, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »

As amusing as that would be, watching the employees attempt to catch small birds in a room that's almost two stories tall in itself, I am not capable of opening the window without shattering it to pieces. It doesn't open, and it looks expensive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107320 on: August 06, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »

Hey, a study found that older workers are more adaptable to new tech than millenials are:
https://it.slashdot.org/story/16/08/06/162250/older-workers-are-better-at-adapting-to-new-technology-study-finds

I guess having gone through multiple generations of tech is worth something after all.

Specifically, the claim is that they tend to have much less trouble putting up with older, clunkier hardware and software at work (primarily because they're much less likely to have top-of-the-line gadgets at home to compare to daily), but are also quite eager to get rid of the clunkyness when new tech becomes available.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107321 on: August 06, 2016, 09:18:58 pm »

My wrist suddenly, out of nowhere, started hurting much more than normal. So much so that I have to wear my splint and probably couldn't play any games that require a lot of mouse movement. It isn't usually this bad at all.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107322 on: August 06, 2016, 09:25:26 pm »

My avatar's not working D:

According to the placeholder, you need to login to the site that it's linked from.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107323 on: August 06, 2016, 09:30:39 pm »

My avatar's not working D:

Have you considered using Imgur or a webhosting site to host it instead? X10hosting and InfinityFree are pretty good for little, no questions asked projects.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107324 on: August 06, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »

My wrist suddenly, out of nowhere, started hurting much more than normal. So much so that I have to wear my splint and probably couldn't play any games that require a lot of mouse movement. It isn't usually this bad at all.
Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 7153 7154 [7155] 7156 7157 ... 11037