Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7152 7153 [7154] 7155 7156 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478210 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107295 on: August 05, 2016, 10:58:59 pm »

No, I mean specifically the word "realistic".

And no I don't like gore.  Someone just tell me.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #107296 on: August 05, 2016, 11:00:16 pm »

Well, it's not realistic whatsoever, in that it's EVERYWHERE

Also what's more scarring-for-life is the rape! Everything rapes everything in that manga!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107297 on: August 05, 2016, 11:02:33 pm »

I was making a reference.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107298 on: August 05, 2016, 11:23:49 pm »

Speaking of rape, my WTF was finding out about the "family tree" in the universe of the School Days games.

Tomaru Sawagoe ... dude impregnated 6 generations of women starting with his own half-sister. I'm guessing he only stopped because his great-great-great granddaughter had a son rather than a daughter with him. People are wondering if he's immortal since he doesn't seem to age. Him being everyone's dad is probably a running gag. Worst Dad in any game/manga/anime series ever.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:27:29 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107299 on: August 05, 2016, 11:30:53 pm »

Speaking of rape, my WTF was finding out about the "family tree" in the universe of the School Days games.

Tomaru Sawagoe ... dude impregnated 6 generations of women starting with his own half-sister. I'm guessing he only stopped because his great-great-great granddaughter had a son rather than a daughter with him. People are wondering if he's immortal since he doesn't seem to age. Him being everyone's dad is probably a running gag. Worst Dad in any game/manga/anime series ever.

In real life when that happens it is because people confused the son for the father (because sons are sometimes named after their father)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107300 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:23 pm »

Shinji's dad.

As for Berserk. It's a fairly gory, metal as fuck, and fairly tragic manga series that's been going on for the past eternity. It's also fantastic.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107301 on: August 05, 2016, 11:54:29 pm »

Shinji's dad.

As for Berserk. It's a fairly gory, metal as fuck, and fairly tragic manga series that's been going on for the past eternity. It's also fantastic.

Just... stay away from water :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107302 on: August 06, 2016, 12:29:37 am »

"well, that was fast"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107303 on: August 06, 2016, 12:45:47 am »

Pack it up, we're done here (somewhat nsfw Guardian article)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107304 on: August 06, 2016, 12:55:04 am »

PFT! "Escape the White Heterosexual gaze" :P

Damn Straight White people. Bane on all society! With a gaze that turns people into stone.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107305 on: August 06, 2016, 01:20:49 am »

straight white people keyed my car and threw eggs at me
Black lives matter.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107306 on: August 06, 2016, 05:14:38 am »

>summer
>sauna
>sitting naked on the pier

These people are obviously Finns.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107307 on: August 06, 2016, 05:30:38 am »

You missed

>beating eachother with branches
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107308 on: August 06, 2016, 07:50:29 am »

I'd been reading recently, and I came across the word 'quixotic'. It wasn't my first time coming across this word, I know what it means, but it's one of those exotic words that is rarely used in writing, and never used in day-to-day speech, so just guess how it's pronounced. That is, I presume its phonetic, exactly as it was spelt: Kwix-otic.

But then I remembered the definition: 'Overly idealistic to the point of impracticality' and it struck me, that that resembles the story of Don Quixote, here pronounced: Key-ho-tay; thus giving the root of the word in his name, and what I now believe is the correct pronunciation: Key-ho-tic!

"Yeah I'm a smart guy" I think to myself as I doublecheck my hypothesis against the Merriam Webster online dictionary's word pronouncer... And DAMNIT it is pronounced phonetically as Kwix-otic... Screw you Merriam, let me have this. I'll never find a real life situation to ever use the word in an actual conversation without forcing it a little, but I want to have a cool word with a cool story behind it giving it a cool pronunciation, not a boring normal word. I'm just quixotic like that!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107309 on: August 06, 2016, 08:22:25 am »

Six day first week of class, done o_o And I'm tired like a floppy fishie. :(
But several humorous and nice things happened today!
In a conversation with my dad and mom while he was driving us home during this rainy evening, he thought his phone fell off onto the car floor and stopped on the side of the road while I looked for it since I was at the backseat. After five or so minutes of missing anything phone-like, I decided to call him (since wow I just thought of it now xP). It was in his pocket all along (but he thought it fell out because of something). We had a good laugh and a ton of humor into aging and all.

Next up, I see one of our own Bay12'ers in a highly rated youtube comment while wondering which endings and other branching lines occur in the games I play (on my older brothers' shared steam ._.). You go, MetalSlimeHunt. That was a beautiful explanation of one of my favorite DoWII characters.
Pages: 1 ... 7152 7153 [7154] 7155 7156 ... 11037