Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7138 7139 [7140] 7141 7142 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14484039 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107085 on: August 04, 2016, 01:17:59 am »

It also might be not bad, I used to do that from time to time
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107086 on: August 04, 2016, 01:27:47 am »

Better safe than sorry.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107087 on: August 04, 2016, 01:28:44 am »

Says you
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107088 on: August 04, 2016, 01:29:21 am »

Indeed, says me.  So?  Advice is advice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107089 on: August 04, 2016, 01:40:17 am »

I'm gonna bring it up with my doc, but I know, more or less, the cause. Blood pressure adjustment lag when changing to a standing position. Only difference this time was how much it affected me. Passing out randomly is an issue; this seems more like a signal than anything else, and not too urgent of one.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107090 on: August 04, 2016, 02:15:16 am »

Do you tend to be sedentary? I had a similar issue when I was spending a lot of time potatoing in one spot. I still have it sometimes, but less so. Getting more exercise helps quite a bit. I don't actually black out very often any more.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107091 on: August 04, 2016, 02:28:07 am »

I passed out a few times when I was in my sedentary vegetarian semi-anorexic stage of college.  I remember one time I found myself on the floor, hearing my dad panicking over me, then gradually realized that I'd stood up too quickly to greet him.  I guess I'm lucky I never seriously hurt anything on the way down, just got some bruises.

Turned out I had low blood pressure.  Potassium salt basically cleared it up.  Eventually I started eating a more balanced diet (still mostly vegetarian, but with more fish and eggs.  And salt.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107092 on: August 04, 2016, 02:28:25 am »

Do you tend to be sedentary? I had a similar issue when I was spending a lot of time potatoing in one spot. I still have it sometimes, but less so. Getting more exercise helps quite a bit. I don't actually black out very often any more.

Can confirm.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107093 on: August 04, 2016, 02:33:14 am »

I passed out a few times when I was in my sedentary vegetarian semi-anorexic stage of college.  I remember one time I found myself on the floor, hearing my dad panicking over me, then gradually realized that I'd stood up too quickly to greet him.  I guess I'm lucky I never seriously hurt anything on the way down, just got some bruises.

Turned out I had low blood pressure.  Potassium salt basically cleared it up.  Eventually I started eating a more balanced diet (still mostly vegetarian, but with more fish and eggs.  And salt.)

As somebody vegetarian from birth, this mystifies me.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107094 on: August 04, 2016, 03:13:53 am »

There was a cop car slowly driving through my apartment area. Made me a bit nervous, really, as I do look rather suspicious, but he seemed uninterested in me. He'd just stop at every sort of 4-way turn in the parking lot and wait there for a minute before continuing on to the next, slowly. Don't know why he was here.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107095 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:50 am »

I'd guess you're a bit better at it than he was.
One wheel short of a wagon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107096 on: August 04, 2016, 03:44:31 am »

Basically, you need a variety of nutrients, and it's hard to get all of them from plants. Stuff like vitamin B12 is produced exclusively by animals.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107097 on: August 04, 2016, 03:47:57 am »

And if you're a student who cooks for themselves and turned vegetarian recently... well, all the recent student vegetarians I know get stomach problems.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107098 on: August 04, 2016, 04:02:39 am »

Basically, you need a variety of nutrients, and it's hard to get all of them from plants. Stuff like vitamin B12 is produced exclusively by animals.
Yeah, but... I've never had issues? Like ever?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107099 on: August 04, 2016, 04:03:28 am »

According to wikipedia, there's an 80% chance that you do
Pages: 1 ... 7138 7139 [7140] 7141 7142 ... 11037