Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7131 7132 [7133] 7134 7135 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485460 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106980 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:42 am »

I mean, the main difference between Christianity and Islam is time. The former has had a few centuries longer baking under the heat and light of civilization and reasoned thought, so most of the really harmful parasites and toxins have been cooked away.

IOW contemporary radial Christianity is a meal that's been cooked long enough to only give you mild food poisoning and probably won't kill you, but contemporary radical Islam is still host to some nasty stuff that'll almost certainly kill you if it doesn't agree with your system.

Except for the radical Mormons, they're basically the Christian equivalent of the hardcore Sharia law fuckers. And just look at Scientology. That's a babby-new religion and they're absolutely fucknuts crazy. It was a joke, but maybe the degree of harm caused by a religion in a given era does have an inverse relationship with the duration of its existence.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106981 on: August 02, 2016, 01:14:26 am »

Haredi jews too...

Most "Christian" countries are very secular and state and religion are in most of them separated. The religion itself has developed over the centuries. Islam is younger yeah, but I believe there are fundamental differencies in the religion, in the countries it is in and how its organized that has prevented Islam from developing similarly to less radical direction. I thought Turkey lead the way for Islamic world but they've now changed course to the worse too.  :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106982 on: August 02, 2016, 01:38:51 am »

... maybe if you're just talking the U.S. or something, FD. Christian radical groups are still managing to keep about on par with Islamic ones go so far as depth of atrocity and whatnot goes, for all that they get basically sod all news coverage despite cheerfully raping and mass murdering and such. Can't recall how bad things are so far legal enshrinement, but there's certainly places in the world that boil down to "be christian or else," even if they don't announce it on the streets. Head south of the border, roam around africa a bit. Places still exist, and there's still a fairly notable amount. And conquest wise, well. How many of the more militarily aggressive countries over the last few decades/centuries have been operating under a christian majority, again? Not quite charitable enough to give Christian nations a by because of a veneer of secularism, personally. The leaders and polity supporting them still are what they are. Always seemed like you need pretty heavy blinders to comfortably say chistianity's been acting that much better in recent (single digit, decades, century or two, whatever) years, really... could definitely say its involvement is downplayed pretty heavily from a lot of angles, though.

Honestly, if there's any genuinely major difference between the actions of abrahamic religions, I'd probably blame most of it just on who's actually in power. The fed beast trends toward sessile, et al. Organizations in control for a long time often get kinda' lackadaisical, and Christianity has been top dog for quite a while indeed...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106983 on: August 02, 2016, 01:43:43 am »

I thought Turkey lead the way for Islamic world but they've now changed course to the worse too.  :-\
Honestly when your role model is Ataturk's republic you're not aiming very high

Honestly, if there's any genuinely major difference between the actions of abrahamic religions, I'd probably blame most of it just on who's actually in power. The fed beast trends toward sessile, et al. Organizations in control for a long time often get kinda' lackadaisical, and Christianity has been top dog for quite a while indeed...
This is also true

Separation of church and state is a pretty bloody good thing
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106984 on: August 02, 2016, 01:45:32 am »

I thought Turkey lead the way for Islamic world but they've now changed course to the worse too.  :-\
Honestly when your role model is Ataturk's republic you're not aiming very high

Well yeah, not very high indeed. The next in the line is... Ermmm, Indonesia? Egypt?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106985 on: August 02, 2016, 01:47:08 am »

Ayyubid Empire?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106986 on: August 02, 2016, 02:11:54 am »

Jew guys, mahdi we shiadn't derail the thread with allah these stuffs, syriasly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106987 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:52 am »

Jew guys, mahdi we shiadn't derail the thread with allah these stuffs, syriasly.

Frankly,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106988 on: August 02, 2016, 04:19:09 am »

Na zis memes again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106989 on: August 02, 2016, 05:20:03 am »

So I just found out why Infinity Wars Starter decks aren't absolutely dreadful like Hearthstone is...

Ignoring that they were competently made anyway (and once again... for some characters the decks are worse then what you would get picking cards randomly)... They actually updated the base decks... a few times apparently.

Also don't take it as advertisement for Infinity Wars... I have no idea if that game is good or not (and my experiences suggest... not... given that you are rewarded for AFKing while on match cue)... I am more ticked off at Hearthstone for being so noob unfriendly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:24:46 am by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106990 on: August 02, 2016, 06:02:13 am »

Reminds me a lot of Starter Decks in MTG, which are, on average, complete garbage. You're more likely to pick something out of the two random packs you get with it than get anything good from the actual deck.

And they stopped making FNM Quality Precons, which sucks too.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106991 on: August 02, 2016, 06:09:15 am »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:40:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106992 on: August 02, 2016, 06:22:04 am »

Reminds me a lot of Starter Decks in MTG, which are, on average, complete garbage. You're more likely to pick something out of the two random packs you get with it than get anything good from the actual deck.

And they stopped making FNM Quality Precons, which sucks too.

The reason why starter decks in Magic The Gathering are total garbage is because... They aren't "Starter decks" at all so to speak.

They are flat out advertisements made to advertise whatever gimmick they are currently pushing. As well because any card in those decks are valueless (I cannot even remember if they are tournament legal but I am assuming yes) it means they are not allowed to be particularly good either so most of the GOOD cards of those type you will have to find.

and yes... Magic the Gathering is the only card game I am aware of... That actually bends over backwards to the collectors and speculators... Over the people who... you know... play the game. It is also a HUGE reason why MTG took FOREVER to introduce a ban happy Legacy (because once again... Collectors)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106993 on: August 02, 2016, 06:28:34 am »

Guys you gotta stop these puns reich now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #106994 on: August 02, 2016, 06:40:24 am »

Just finished my binge of all of Mistborn.

The ending of the third Wax and Wayne book.

Holy shiiiiiiiiit
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 7131 7132 [7133] 7134 7135 ... 11037