Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7120 7121 [7122] 7123 7124 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479520 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106815 on: July 29, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »

Sticky keys are the worst invention ever.  Have you ever been playing an early 21st century game and had a good run ruined because the computer registered sticky keys through the game and tore the game into the background, often violently and fatally?
Its used by people who are missing fingers, hands, or who have birth defects related to their hands.  In short, anyone who can't hold one key and press a different key.  Its pretty easy to turn off, just go to ease of access (in most versions of windows you should be able to get that from the login scree and from the control panel) and turn off every option there.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106816 on: July 29, 2016, 04:19:14 pm »

Its used by people who are missing fingers, hands, or who have birth defects related to their hands.  In short, anyone who can't hold one key and press a different key.  Its pretty easy to turn off, just go to ease of access (in most versions of windows you should be able to get that from the login scree and from the control panel) and turn off every option there.

I think the issue is not that sticky keys exists, but more that it has an easily triggered keyboard shortcut that in likely over 99% of cases a person with full finger functionality is going to turn on by accident.

Of course, you can turn off the damn shortcut in the accessibility options, the question is whether it wouldn't be more rational design to have the option not have a keyboard shortcut and instead require you to just turn it on in the accessibility options to begin with, like most other ease of access functions you can possibly think of.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106817 on: July 29, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »

Sticky keys weren't super intuitive to turn off a while ago, either. This has changed in later OS, though, and ye, it should not just be on by default, or maybe it should be bound to another key or something, since the shift key ins't exactly an unused key (lots of typists use shift for capitalization and etc).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106818 on: July 29, 2016, 04:59:55 pm »

dear lord
what has happened to ameripol thread
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106819 on: July 29, 2016, 05:03:36 pm »

Evil twin inquisition, that's what. It's your fault, even. Should have kept sergaar under wraps.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106820 on: July 29, 2016, 05:18:47 pm »

Twinquisition, that's what. It's your fault, even. Should have kept sergaar under wraps.
I'm disappointed that I had to fix that, Frumple.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106821 on: July 29, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »

dear lord
what has happened to ameripol thread
This is the most I've ever seen average joe americans caring about politics. In real life. It makes sense that it spills over into the forum i guess.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106822 on: July 29, 2016, 06:21:24 pm »

So apparently there's going to be a new Harry Potter book? Released this weekend!?

WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106823 on: July 29, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »

So apparently there's going to be a new Harry Potter book? Released this weekend!?

What are the details exactly?

Is it just a setting book? Is it about the Hairy Potter characters? or does it take place in the same universe?

Though I'll admit Hairy Potter suffers from what I call the Animorph Effect... In that I watched the movies so the books are dead to me... mostly by killing my imagination.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106824 on: July 29, 2016, 06:31:01 pm »

Huh. Seems like it. I can only assume you didn't hear about it because you assumed the series was over. Know I did.

... in any case, befitting its similar proliferation vis a vis fanfiction, it appears harry potter has become naruto.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106825 on: July 29, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »

What are the details exactly?

Is it just a setting book? Is it about the Hairy Potter characters? or does it take place in the same universe?

Though I'll admit Hairy Potter suffers from what I call the Animorph Effect... In that I watched the movies so the books are dead to me... mostly by killing my imagination.
It's a sequel where he's an adult and already has children. There are more details around, but I didn't pay much attention.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106826 on: July 29, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »

Stage play, actually. It follows up on the fanfic epilogue of the seventh book and concerns Harry's past and his son dealing with his legacy. The play premiers tomorrow and the rehearsal script is being publicly released the following day as the eighth book. Apparently it's pretty good.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106827 on: July 29, 2016, 06:35:42 pm »

I dunno...

The kid can't have it any worse then Hairy Potter did... a person famous for doing absolutely nothing and expected to do things.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106828 on: July 29, 2016, 06:36:52 pm »

It's kind of strange to think that Harry's kid has Ron and Hormoine as an aunt and uncle
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 7120 7121 [7122] 7123 7124 ... 11037