Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7101 7102 [7103] 7104 7105 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482060 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106530 on: July 23, 2016, 03:35:28 pm »

You and your opponent must discard your hands.
...of cards. (The lawyers wouldn't let us do it the other way.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:41:22 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106531 on: July 23, 2016, 03:47:36 pm »

Eh, you just have to find the right country. I'm pretty sure there's somewhere that has a legal framework for consensual dismemberment, or at the very least not enough of a legal system for anyone to care enough to stop you.

Alternately, it could be a card that can only be played when all the players have prosthetic hands.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:49:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106532 on: July 23, 2016, 03:58:22 pm »

I feel nature has more impact when blood is gushing from your arm-stumps.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106533 on: July 23, 2016, 04:24:40 pm »

Starting to run into a problem with my 3DS where it won't recognize the cartridge. The menu icon reserved for the cart will turn blank grey, indicating no cart. I've tried re-inserting the cartridge, even checking the contacts on both the 3DS and cart, but it won't recognize the cart until I turn off the 3DS and turn it back on. Not sure if it's the cart itself, as I've only tried the one so far.

If it's the 3DS, I'm glad it's still under warranty. There's also a slight screen fault, barely visible, where there's a distortion on a line of pixels about half of an inch high. It's not bad enough  that I'd cash in the warranty, but if the cart reader is starting go, then I'd definitely do it. The only thing stopping is getting my stuff off the SD card.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106534 on: July 23, 2016, 04:42:34 pm »

Probably the cart.  I had that happen to my copy of Metroid Zero Mission ):
Though that was the GBA slot, I haven't had that happen with a DS cartridge.  Probably rarer but still possible.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106535 on: July 23, 2016, 05:05:12 pm »

Eesh, translations. That thing where cultures use foreign names for exotic/legendary/etc. figures, that sounds basically fine in the native language, but when translated into said foreign name's original language is... somewhat less impressive. It's kinda' hard to take the reputation of the grand historical master of a mystical art seriously when they're talking about the ancient and storied ultimate alchemist... Chris.

... close combat mage is the name of the work. I... kinda' recommend avoiding it since it's an OP MC wank work with an underage protagonist that involves a certain degree of literal wanking (not much, mind, as there's been like four, maybe five chapters with some NSFW warning in the first 230 or so chapters, and they usually didn't take up much wordspace regardless, but still.), but that's the name if anyone's curious.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106536 on: July 23, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »

Reminds me of Looker, the Interpol guy from Pokémon. His Japanese name is "Handsome".

Random foreign words are really popular... basically everywhere, really. You see a lot of it in Japan, where magazines will have random English words for titles and people buy shirts with nonsensical English on them because it looks cool and exotic, but there's tons of it the other way around in the U.S., too; probably the most famous instance is the kid whose shirt says "hemorrhoids" in Japanese.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106537 on: July 23, 2016, 08:06:39 pm »

Recently, the damn "Get Windows 10" icon in my notification area has gained a yellow alert triangle.
If I click it, it sadly informs me that "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10."
To the right, there are the words "Compatibility issue"- actually screwit, screenshot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I click the "View Report" button to see what incompatibility has suddenly arisen after almost a year of their so-called "security update" trying to push this scam.
What a relief!  I'm still free to accept this offer I have ignored all this time.  I will celebrate by striking myself in the skull.

At least, one might think, this resolved the yellow alert from the quicklaunch bar?
No.
It is there in perpetuity, unless I manually uninstall the update, and then manually prevent it from being redownloaded.
A yellow triangle urgently demanding that I acknowledge that I cannot upgrade.  Except that I can.  Except that I OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO AT THIS POINT.
I keep it around as a reminder:  Fuck Microsoft.

Furthermore, I guess imgur removed the "direct link" option from their interface?
I can't complain too much, since they seem to still allow direct linking.  If one knows how.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106538 on: July 23, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »

I don't know how Magic works but if I was a Duelyst minion, I'd only move every second turn but has celerity and a stupid amount of damage and if my target don't die then I give up and self destruct.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:17:29 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106539 on: July 23, 2016, 08:18:31 pm »

Eh, you just have to find the right country. I'm pretty sure there's somewhere that has a legal framework for consensual dismemberment, or at the very least not enough of a legal system for anyone to care enough to stop you.
Belgian Congo?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106540 on: July 23, 2016, 08:55:37 pm »

So just turning off the "lol windows tips" option in windows 10 makes the runtime broker process go from a 30% cpu heavy process to nearly 0%.

Huh.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106541 on: July 23, 2016, 08:58:06 pm »

So just turning off the "lol windows tips" option in windows 10 makes the runtime broker process go from a 30% cpu heavy process to nearly 0%.

Huh.
Huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106542 on: July 23, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »

Recently, the damn "Get Windows 10" icon in my notification area has gained a yellow alert triangle.
If I click it, it sadly informs me that "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10."
To the right, there are the words "Compatibility issue"- actually screwit, screenshot.
I click the "View Report" button to see what incompatibility has suddenly arisen after almost a year of their so-called "security update" trying to push this scam.
What a relief!  I'm still free to accept this offer I have ignored all this time.  I will celebrate by striking myself in the skull.

At least, one might think, this resolved the yellow alert from the quicklaunch bar?
No.
It is there in perpetuity, unless I manually uninstall the update, and then manually prevent it from being redownloaded.
A yellow triangle urgently demanding that I acknowledge that I cannot upgrade.  Except that I can.  Except that I OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO AT THIS POINT.
I keep it around as a reminder:  Fuck Microsoft.

Furthermore, I guess imgur removed the "direct link" option from their interface?
I can't complain too much, since they seem to still allow direct linking.  If one knows how.

Note for anybody who does want to upgrade and has this issue, you can go here on Microsoft's website and manually start it. Only have until the 29th to do it.

I had to do that for some reason. Windows Update is always having issues for me. I've hated the damn thing since XP (oh god that was even worse though).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106543 on: July 23, 2016, 09:20:35 pm »

It's... been a while since I've tried to use windows update again. On vista. Because I remember the last time I did very, very well. It fucked my computer so hard I had to go and navigate to a rollback blind -- it screwed the display pretty much utterly. I was walking back and forth between this 'un and the other machine in this house for... a while. Working through that entire process without actually being able to see what window is open or which button is active is an experience.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:22:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106544 on: July 23, 2016, 09:31:54 pm »

I'd be a situationally useful card that occasionally forgets that it exists.
Pages: 1 ... 7101 7102 [7103] 7104 7105 ... 11037