Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7086 7087 [7088] 7089 7090 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14472741 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106305 on: July 20, 2016, 11:57:23 pm »

Awww :P

I was looking for an old game I saw in stores that SEEMED interesting. Where you play angels trying to protect ordinary mortals from Demons.

Unfortunately YEARS later I found out the game was "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" which is a REALLY bad game... but that wasn't enough for it. It is "Bad Christian movie" level of bad videogame.

You know the kind... Where anyone who isn't a Christian is a bad person.

But I am going to TRY to watch a letsplay of it.

IMMEDIATE hilarity. Rock Music is evil :P

---

UGH! it is too boring...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:23:16 am by Neonivek »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106306 on: July 21, 2016, 12:55:07 am »

I think what killed Prison Architect for me is that it pretends to be a good game. It pretends to have a sort of grand strategy to the whole thing...

But really the game just cheats everything into place.

Where do they get drugs? Magic
Weapons? Magic (yes I am aware they can get ADDITIONAL weapons depending on where they go... But they can also magically summon weapons)

It is one of those instances where a game is suddenly a lot worse once you realize what is under the table.

Like struggling against the last boss of a videogame... then watching a video that proves you can beat the last boss by standing still and shooting because you will outdamage the boss.

I just can't play it anymore because it is kind of trite now that I realize how it works.
But prison architect is a good game.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106307 on: July 21, 2016, 04:27:27 am »

I plan to get Majora's Mask 3D, but to satisfy my weird spiritual attachment to any and all N64 games I feel like I must at least beat a significant portion of the N64 version, on an emulator because I'm cheap like that.

I can't describe how incredibly wrong it feels to play an N64 game with a Playstation-style controller (some cheap Logitech piece of crap I picked up in the distant past). I might have to buy the N64 game because this is not going to work at all.

Also, I don't remember N64 emulation errors being as bad as they are. There's a lot of audio crackling, pops and cut-off sounds and it's just a horrible mess, especially with headphones.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #106308 on: July 21, 2016, 06:00:35 am »

I think what killed Prison Architect for me is that it pretends to be a good game. It pretends to have a sort of grand strategy to the whole thing...

But really the game just cheats everything into place.

Where do they get drugs? Magic
Weapons? Magic (yes I am aware they can get ADDITIONAL weapons depending on where they go... But they can also magically summon weapons)

It is one of those instances where a game is suddenly a lot worse once you realize what is under the table.

Like struggling against the last boss of a videogame... then watching a video that proves you can beat the last boss by standing still and shooting because you will outdamage the boss.

I just can't play it anymore because it is kind of trite now that I realize how it works.
That doesnt't make it a bad game, but a bad simulation. This is the kind of conceit that is used to make it more of a game; in fact, the opposite of the example you give. The simplest (though maybe not optimal) way to fix that boss would be to introduce a damage spread to either the PC or the boss, so that on average, the damage is the same, but you can't reliably just stand there and take it. Unpredictability begets variety in gameplay.

If every single element was accounted for, then you could hypothetically prevent any attempt at assorted hellraising, and then you'd be left in a static win state, with nothing left to really do anymore. So you would essentially just have to put the game, or at least the save, down and go do something else.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106309 on: July 21, 2016, 07:04:33 am »

So apparently, someone got hold of my credit card info, somehow. The card was thankfully blocked almost immediately by the security folks, but not before i got 4 SMS's about some "one time passwords", suggesting that the offender was trying to spend a lotta dosh. End result: Credit card blocked, will get a new one within 10 days, nothing else. It still does raise the question about HOW they got my card info, but at least the security measures actually worked. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106310 on: July 21, 2016, 07:11:23 am »

I slept for at least over two and a half hours just before, starting when I got home at like 5 or so. This nap was even broken by a phone call, but I just went right back to sleeping for the latter two and a half hours. Whoah.
Is this what a day's work does to me?

Pleasant dreams, too. I even remember a bit of them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106311 on: July 21, 2016, 07:16:20 am »

The shooting of Fred Hampton.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106312 on: July 21, 2016, 07:48:24 am »

The shooting of Fred Hampton.
What a hipster. A black guy getting shot by police before it was cool.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106313 on: July 21, 2016, 07:49:42 am »

I think the police should stop trying to be subtle and just round up everyone who isn't white and shoot them all.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106314 on: July 21, 2016, 07:52:38 am »

Worked for Haiti
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106315 on: July 21, 2016, 08:08:12 am »

My router has suddenly stopped forwarding ports. This is upsetting.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #106316 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:06 am »

I think the police should stop trying to be subtle and just round up everyone who isn't white and shoot them all.
Personally, I believe in the hard on crime approach. Just round up everyone and shoot them all. I haven't quite worked out if that includes the police, because as is well established, policemen cannot commit crimes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106317 on: July 21, 2016, 09:21:35 am »

You know, there was some stuff on the net about the new Baldur's Gate expansion and how it had a transgender character, and some drama coming out of the whole issue, with some people complaining about the character, or somesuch.
Two things came to mind.

1: The "remastered" BG games are kind of meh-ish and most of the criticism I've heard about the new expansion is about it being bland as well, not about an one-line note about one character or another being transgendered. Which is a rather silly reason to make a ruckus about, I think, and those that DID complain about this should consider that...

2: ...  said character would be at most the THIRD, potentially fourth or more, transgendered character in the Baldur's Gate games, so it's not even particularily noteworthy...

Beltfetish Overs don't count as people, you know :v

That's racist!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106318 on: July 21, 2016, 11:54:02 am »

That they do! They're not too hard, though. Decent set of gloves will make them mostly a non-issue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106319 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:15 pm »

They're usualy big enough so that you can see them beforehand and usually thick enough that they'll prob just end up scratching you, but ye, better be careful with your eyes if you intend to climb on one to fetch some oranges.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7086 7087 [7088] 7089 7090 ... 11037