Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7084 7085 [7086] 7087 7088 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475006 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106275 on: July 20, 2016, 06:51:29 pm »

Seinfeld was probably the most influential TV sitcom ever (there literally hasn't been a show since that hasn't drawn on something Seinfeld did first), and Friends was a major cultural touchstone in the 1990s, (or, in other words, when today's thirty-to-forty-somethings were growing up or in their teens) to the point where a lot of people who have never watched a single episode know who Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, and the rest are simply through osmosis.
No mention of sitcoms like Hancock's Half Hour or Blackadder? Seinfeld is not the most influential TV sitcom ever

I had to look up what both of those are, and I don't see anything there than influenced much of anything. Of course, most British TV is shit anyway.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106276 on: July 20, 2016, 06:51:56 pm »

The problem with seinfeld is that every major character was a spaz
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106277 on: July 20, 2016, 06:54:51 pm »

Of course, most British TV is shit anyway.

Doesn't matter where it is from, most TV in general is absolute dogshit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106278 on: July 20, 2016, 06:56:07 pm »

I concur.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #106279 on: July 20, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »

Seinfeld was probably the most influential TV sitcom ever (there literally hasn't been a show since that hasn't drawn on something Seinfeld did first), and Friends was a major cultural touchstone in the 1990s, (or, in other words, when today's thirty-to-forty-somethings were growing up or in their teens) to the point where a lot of people who have never watched a single episode know who Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, and the rest are simply through osmosis.
No mention of sitcoms like Hancock's Half Hour or Blackadder? Seinfeld is not the most influential TV sitcom ever
I had to look up what both of those are, and I don't see anything there than influenced much of anything. Of course, most British TV is shit anyway.
I am ready for death now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106280 on: July 20, 2016, 07:03:05 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #106281 on: July 20, 2016, 07:04:12 pm »

Why, yes, that's very eco-friendly! It's right there in the name, see?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #106282 on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:04 pm »

Presumably a joint venture between the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106283 on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:36 pm »

uw ot m7

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106284 on: July 20, 2016, 07:16:07 pm »

Don't worry LW, Blackadder is indisputably one of the greatest shows of all time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106285 on: July 20, 2016, 07:38:38 pm »

Here we go:

Spoiler: Telephone pole (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bathroom pics (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106286 on: July 20, 2016, 08:07:10 pm »

There is some really weird stuff going on. Every single time I sue the... landline(?) phone to make a call, my internet goes down and I need to manually reset the modem. Sometimes when someone else calls this number too. This only started happening this month, but there's too much shit going on for me to look into it properly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106287 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »

There is some really weird stuff going on. Every single time I sue
I think I found your problem. It's hard to maintain normal operation while being litigated :P

Though yeah, sounds like something you should contact whatever company handles it about.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106288 on: July 20, 2016, 08:19:57 pm »

There is some really weird stuff going on. Every single time I sue
I think I found your problem. It's hard to maintain normal operation while being litigated :P

Though yeah, sounds like something you should contact whatever company handles it about.
Oh wow. Not even going to fix that, too funny to waste it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106289 on: July 20, 2016, 08:20:20 pm »

There is some really weird stuff going on. Every single time I sue the... landline(?) phone to make a call, my internet goes down and I need to manually reset the modem. Sometimes when someone else calls this number too. This only started happening this month, but there's too much shit going on for me to look into it properly.

Depending on what kind of internet service you're using, they sometimes use these adapters that link the modem cord and the telephone cord to a single telephone input thingy. Having this sort of thing happen can be the result of a faulty adapter. Could also be some telephone pole-cable internet related shenanigans.

Could also be the OLYMPIC SPIRIT announcing itself before it devours your soul, too.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7084 7085 [7086] 7087 7088 ... 11037