Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 [7075] 7076 7077 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474940 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106110 on: July 16, 2016, 10:42:10 pm »

Instead of ASMR people should just masturbate like normal people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106111 on: July 16, 2016, 10:44:33 pm »

ASMR is made more confusing because a portion of the ASMR community clearly has some weird sexual shit going on. Lots of videos of attractive women whispering role-play scenarios.
That cancer is ASMR like sultry women on Twitch with low-cut shirts and high angled cameras are streaming. It's always going to be easy to collect views with titillation when you can show off for hormone-addled teenagers and idiots, no matter the venue.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106112 on: July 16, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »

Why?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106113 on: July 16, 2016, 10:46:38 pm »

Why?
It's a lot less complicated
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106114 on: July 16, 2016, 11:13:17 pm »

Every time I read that acronym I can't help but think it's a contraction of the name of that kid from Undertale

Also, might just be me but the Wikipedia talk page for this thing is kind of amusing
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106115 on: July 16, 2016, 11:23:21 pm »

ASMR, the Absolute God of Hypereuphoria.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106116 on: July 16, 2016, 11:39:25 pm »

One of my friends gets ASMR from some electronic music. That seems pretty cool. I don't get it but I'm jealous of some of the people with it.
Music in general is how I first experienced it, tied in with very basic meditative practice -- for a good number of years I actually thought that kind of full body tingle was (at least one of) the point(s) of meditation, heh. Relatively sure before the acronym even started being a thing, though certainly well over a decade before I first encountered the shorthand.

Personally find it pretty easy to just induce with a breathing shift at this point, and have for probably a good ten or twelve years or thereabouts. Sometimes not even that. S'just a nice sensation, really. Physiological feedback for certain mental and/or physical states. Kinda' like a good stretch, just... not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106117 on: July 17, 2016, 12:01:46 am »

Why is it that only a few MMO's had the genius idea of instead of making some status effects useless against bosses and special enemies?

To instead inflict them with a lesser version of it.

I honestly don't know why it is so rare... Especially since games with characters BASED on status effects still exist.

Then again instant death doesn't work on bosses in most Shin Megami games, and side games like Persona, but at the same time ordinary enemies can be outright deadly! and instant kills against those that are weak against it can be a life savor. Yet this stands as an exception.

I actually remember a "Balance mod" for final fantasy tactics I have... The Oracle who was just wretched before (well outside a few moves) was suddenly amazing! Which is good because the game replaces the Oracle with a Super Oracle anyhow (who is the Oracle in everyway except better).

The Balance mod is rather interesting and actually makes the game way more fun to play (mostly because you get a selection of great classes. Rather then... like... a few). Double bonus monsters are all genuinely useful! (rather then... I think two)... Though the balance does kind of go both ways at times. The CPU no longer is crippled because it has a bunch of summoners.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:04:14 am by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106118 on: July 17, 2016, 12:27:16 am »

Another really fun one I've seen a (very) few times is having various status effects (or specific spells/damage types; breath of fire actually did that a bit for a few of its games) cause bosses to go through a state change. They still have full effectiveness, but it may turn a relatively docile boss into something of a nightmare, or just switch it up so it takes very different tactics to deal with or whatev'. Always liked that one, and you can even bundle instakill effects into it, turn some bosses into specifically triggered matryoshka monsters or somethin'. Don't think I've seen that, but it'd be neat to see it. Break the zone eater and it turns into a stone zone eater, ready for revenge :3

... then break that, and it splits a buncha' angry pebble zone eaters. Stuff like that. Folks should do that more.
Ask not!
Ask!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106119 on: July 17, 2016, 12:49:07 am »

Just finished reading Blindsight.
I picked it up last night at 10PM when my internet went down and only stopped to sleep for a few hours.
That was quite the book, and has topped me full up of WTF's.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106120 on: July 17, 2016, 01:07:43 am »

Borderlands 2 has Goliaths. Like everything else in the game, they take critical damage if you shoot them in the head. Unlike everything else in the game, when shot in the head, they go berserk, heal fully, and get way swole.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106121 on: July 17, 2016, 01:34:53 am »

At what point did my opinions start being treated as completely worthless around here?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106122 on: July 17, 2016, 01:39:21 am »

At what point did your opinions start being treated as completely worthless around here?  ???
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106123 on: July 17, 2016, 01:41:32 am »

Never?

... though I can't help but see the possibility of a trap in that. If your opinion is that your opinions are being considered worthless, disagreement could be interpreted as considering your opinions worthless, even if that's not what's actually going on. When both agreement and disagreement reinforces the point, it's bad juju :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106124 on: July 17, 2016, 01:51:32 am »

Never?

... though I can't help but see the possibility of a trap in that. If your opinion is that your opinions are being considered worthless, disagreement could be interpreted as considering your opinions worthless, even if that's not what's actually going on. When both agreement and disagreement reinforces the point, it's bad juju :-\

no

validation is not what i seek, and traps are for trolls and similar
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 [7075] 7076 7077 ... 11037