Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7050 7051 [7052] 7053 7054 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450748 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105765 on: July 11, 2016, 07:48:03 am »

Now that I've watched Game of Thrones and it's been so long since I read the books, I'm starting to forget how I originally visualized the world and characters of A Song of Ice and Fire. This kinda disappoints me, because the same thing happened with Harry Potter: the movie version of the characters started showing up everywhere, and then that was all I could think of when I had to imagine a scene in the books.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105766 on: July 11, 2016, 07:49:29 am »

Now that I've watched Game of Thrones and it's been so long since I read the books, I'm starting to forget how I originally visualized the world and characters of A Song of Ice and Fire. This kinda disappoints me, because the same thing happened with Harry Potter: the movie version of the characters started showing up everywhere, and then that was all I could think of when I had to imagine a scene in the books.

It is one of the many reasons why novels typically don't have pictures... even today where we honestly could.

Though if you want imagination destruction just read Animorphs and watch the TV show...

Harry Potter was pretty bad... but WOW could I not read another Animorph book after watching that show, it is like someone stabbed my inner child (or rather my current me) in the gut. Doesn't help that the show was REALLY boring compared to the book and much more mundane...

and the characters were much more boring versions of themselves... and all the great scenes from the book were either missing or made worse.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:51:13 am by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105767 on: July 11, 2016, 08:19:31 am »

I actually appreciate illustrations, s'just the weird stigma that pictures are for children.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105768 on: July 11, 2016, 08:23:24 am »

The fellow that wrote Cloud Atlas admits that the actors appearance took the place of the characters in his own minds eye after the film was made.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105769 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:17 am »

Dunno that mask always makes me think of this guy instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It also makes sense from a historical point of view.

In assorted WTF's.

I'm talking with someone via PMs right now and were just about to send the message when i had a déjà vu and now i'm illogically sure they will illogically rage at a completely inconspicuous message and hate my guts.
Send help.
Don't worry! It's just an illusion of your brain, and not a stable time loop!
Ok i'm trusting you but if it was indeed a stable time loop you just made me fail to break out of it.

In other news. I had a slight brainfuck moment when i noticed that the albion skunk in X:Rebirth has a skunk decal on the hull.
But that's Germany for you i guess.

What, did you ever expect germany to not be a den of people with miscelaneous odd fetishes? :v

4 out of 7 germans I have some knowledge of have an oddly specific fetish thing, but most of the time they're either BSDM enthusiasts or furries, which actualy explains a lot. Which doesn't necessarily mean germans have tons of fetishes, just that they're more open about it :v
OR BOTH

I mean, look at their hymn, Deutschland über alles, more like Deutschland alle über Sie ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:31:36 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105770 on: July 11, 2016, 08:35:00 am »

TBH the dethclaws were kinda lame. Pretty much pure good without much to them beyond "We are so nice but we're forced to raid people".
And then you fix the computer and and literally solve the only problem they ever had.
At least they were good at showing what kind of tough asshole Frank really was by showing him gib a deathclaw with one punch.

Ohh, I have plenty of examples. People love killing off past creations for disliking them, for shock, or just to fill space.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105771 on: July 11, 2016, 08:39:08 am »

4 out of 7 germans I have some knowledge of have an oddly specific fetish thing, but most of the time they're either BSDM enthusiasts or furries, which actualy explains a lot. Which doesn't necessarily mean germans have tons of fetishes, just that they're more open about it :v
* Sonlirain whistles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh germany. More like furries alle über Sie.

Ohh, I have plenty of examples. People love killing off past creations for disliking them, for shock, or just to fill space.
Well artists usually absolutely despise large chunks of their past creations.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105772 on: July 11, 2016, 08:45:23 am »

Wait, there are furries in turkey?

Dear infinite God, save me from the ottofurries.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105773 on: July 11, 2016, 08:47:58 am »

Well artists usually absolutely despise large chunks of their past creations.

Ohh who ever said that it is THEIR creations they are killing off? :P

It is a wide topic full of stupidity :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #105774 on: July 11, 2016, 08:51:58 am »

OR BOTH

Isn't that more symptomatic of the company you keep than Germans, though?
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105775 on: July 11, 2016, 08:56:43 am »

Love the sinner, hate the sin :v

But really though, my gripe with furries is mostly a meme I keep around, I don't actualy dislike anyone for thinking about anthropomorphic animals emulating Ron Jeremy.

Also, unrelated, but this somehow reminds me of one talk I had with a friend a while ago. Apparently transwomen and crossdresser prostitution is a big thing on turkey, even though they're pretty hated around there? I guess its their only semi-socially acceptable way to vent their taste for manflesh :v

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105776 on: July 11, 2016, 09:11:09 am »

Love the sinner, hate the sin :v

But really though, my gripe with furries is mostly a meme I keep around, I don't actualy dislike anyone for thinking about anthropomorphic animals emulating Ron Jeremy.

Also, unrelated, but this somehow reminds me of one talk I had with a friend a while ago. Apparently transwomen and crossdresser prostitution is a big thing on turkey, even though they're pretty hated around there? I guess its their only semi-socially acceptable way to vent their taste for manflesh :v

Ron Jeremy? Pfsh "nothing personnel kid" but...
Wendy Whoopers! (Google yourself because i'm not linking stuff here)
Now that's more like it!

If Iran is of any indication trans women are semi acceptable but gays are not so a trans woman that is particularly not passing might be the next best thing for the lonely arabic closet homosexual.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105777 on: July 11, 2016, 09:16:01 am »

Ron Jeremy? Pfsh "nothing personnel kid" but...
Wendy Whoopers! (Google yourself because i'm not linking stuff here)
Now that's more like it!
I just googled her. What is the surprise?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105778 on: July 11, 2016, 09:26:32 am »

Her teats, they have weight!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105779 on: July 11, 2016, 09:28:36 am »

Too much weight, as a matter of fact. I'm concerned about her spine :v
Pages: 1 ... 7050 7051 [7052] 7053 7054 ... 11040