Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7018 7019 [7020] 7021 7022 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451189 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105285 on: July 02, 2016, 01:32:33 am »

I honestly can't remember how much about Mormons was discussed in history class, but I did live in a predominantly Mormon community for a few years and that stuff did come up occasionally. Idaho legislature is more or less dominated by protestant christian and Mormon politics. Why we have a law on the books requiring all liqueur stores be closed on Sundays, heh.

Also, it was standard practice to refer to minivans as "Mormon assault vehicles." Just because when it was time to get evangelical and knock on every door in town the church usually employed someone's van or minivan.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105286 on: July 02, 2016, 01:52:52 am »

Personally I don't have anything against polyamory. I just don't ever intend to engage in it, because I don't feel that having multiple romantic partners allows one to give the full attention necessary to a healthy relationship.
Eeehhh... thing with a healthy poly relationship is that the group is sharing attention. Same amount of attentiveness, just split three ways instead of two. Relies on synergy to make up for that somewhat lessened one-to-one concern. It... doesn't work for a lot of people, but it does for some. There's give with poly relationships, from what I've seen, in terms of what sorts of stresses they can take, that you don't have in couples -- can't, really, due to simple logistics and whatnot. Having three (or more) people to split the burdens of life means no one of them are quite the same degree of linchpin they can be with a single pair... and there's situations/relationships where that can make a lot of difference, just having the extra flexibility on all levels (emotional, physical, fiscal, etc.) that having three people on tap instead of two provides.

Old friend of mine's actually been part of a poly triad for the better part of the last decade or so. Good odds th'fellow wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for their support, and it would have been a lot rougher if it'd just been one partner. But with two other folks able to make time and provide aid (and have time made for, and aid given, etc., etc.) instead of one, well, not able to. It's worked out pretty well, so far as I'm aware.

... personally, it's been a long while I've figured that a polyamorous relationship is probably the only sort of romantic one I could be in that could be healthy. I just don't have the energy or emotional... consistency, I guess? To really give what's needed to be someone's sole support in that sort of sense. But with another person in the mix to help dilute the effort involved for any one partner a bit... maybe, y'know? Maybe. Probably never get around to trying, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105287 on: July 02, 2016, 02:18:24 am »

I wonder if I'd work well in a poly relationship because I require, and desire, much less intimacy than a normal person...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105288 on: July 02, 2016, 02:27:59 am »

The way I'm going about it is that my boyfriend's still the most important, and likely the only one I'm willing to live with for the rest of my life. It's just I'm still open for dates. Something like being friends with benefits, but the benefits are more second base than fornicating.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105289 on: July 02, 2016, 06:54:16 am »

I don't think I could work in a poly relationship. I desire a (probably) higher-than-most level of individual attention.

Or maybe a poly relationship is perfect for me, seeing as the only relationship I've ever felt emotionally satisfied and secure in was a poly one.

The way I'm going about it is that my boyfriend's still the most important, and likely the only one I'm willing to live with for the rest of my life. It's just I'm still open for dates. Something like being friends with benefits, but the benefits are more second base than fornicating.

I looked up "second base" because I've never actually heard somebody say it, and discovered that there's a whole wikipedia page just for baseball sex metaphors.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105290 on: July 02, 2016, 07:44:59 am »

Oh fish, I meant cuddling and kissing. Not dry humping.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105291 on: July 02, 2016, 09:33:45 am »

Oddly enough, I have at least one polygamous ancestor five or six generations up. IIRC most of his wives left him, probably because there were relationship problems.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #105292 on: July 02, 2016, 09:57:27 am »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105293 on: July 02, 2016, 10:11:06 am »

....We don't have an Antarctica thread.
:o
Why isn't Antarctica mentioned in the UN thread?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105294 on: July 02, 2016, 10:14:25 am »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
Could somebody find the map of Starvania?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105295 on: July 02, 2016, 10:23:31 am »

Oh fish, I meant cuddling and kissing. Not dry humping.
I was going to post a quote of that time you said "DRY HUMPING" in giant rainbow letters, but can't find it. Just imagine I did. :P

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105296 on: July 02, 2016, 10:26:55 am »

oh boy what are we talking about in the WTF threa-
>///<

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105297 on: July 02, 2016, 10:32:13 am »

a whole wikipedia page just for baseball sex metaphors.
Oh my gosh, this is right up there with Sexually Active Popes and Helicopter Prison Escapes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105298 on: July 02, 2016, 10:36:09 am »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105299 on: July 02, 2016, 10:39:10 am »

Wikipedia records basically everything. You underestimate the ability of humans to do or create... yeah.
Helicopter Prison Escapes.
Wait, this has actually happened? Successfully?
Pages: 1 ... 7018 7019 [7020] 7021 7022 ... 11040